Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Today we’re very happy to announce the next game in the Divinity Universe: Dragon Commander! Dragon Commander blends our favourite genres together and is a game of massive dragon combat, epic turn-based strategy and immersive role-playing.

Details on Dragon Commander will be revealed next week during GamesCom 2011, the world’s largest trade show for interactive games and entertainment, but to tickly your imagination, we’ve just launched a teaser site showing off some in-game footage.

Click here to see it in action.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Awesome!

enthusiast
enthusiast
What can I say, first impression certianly looks lke immersive dragon combat and a bit like the flying fortresses in ED / DKS. They also are 'proper' dragons with four legs...

Edit: Lar has just posted some info which answers some of my questions so I will move my comments to that thread.

That dragon on the right looks like it's wearing a jetpack..

Last edited by Arokh; 11/08/11 12:35 PM. Reason: Lar's answer

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

P
stranger
stranger
P
How large are the dragons in this game specifically the one you shall be controlling. DKS was great although I felt as if the dragon was a little too small but I guess that was necessary.

A
veteran
veteran
A
So this is basically a look into the past ?

Anyway, the idea sounds great ! smile

It reminds me a little bit of ... the game called "Homeworld", without its story, of course ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Everything is huge in this one. if we get an opportunity, we'll do some comparisons later.

And yes, jetpack, well spotted. A lot of it is Maxos-age technology mixed with magic, and an afterburner behind a dragon gives for some interesting gameplay - it's one of the reasons everything is huge.

I put some more details here

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=448110#Post448110

stranger
stranger
Holy shit. Shut up and take my money. xD
¿Systems? ¿Xbox360 & PC?

M
addict
addict
M
I can't like the facebook page. Is it normal or just a problem with my computer ?

Jet-packs on Dragons ? Well... yeah...

apprentice
apprentice
There seems to be something wrong with facebook. Can't like any link, not only those of DC.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Please try to like the page later on, there's indeed a probleem with Facebook.

Thanks! hehe
Lynn

EDIT: it's fixed, please try again smile

Last edited by lynn; 11/08/11 02:16 PM.
addict
addict
Holy crapola, this looks positively amazing. I'm not a huge fan of strategy games these days, but the strategy/RPG hybrid gameplay does sound pretty exciting.

[Linked Image]

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
Looks like Freelancer with Dragons from the movie on the site 0_o.
Guess I'll have to wait how *that* can be combined with turn-based combat. And if the Dragon Combat isn't as bad as it was in DKS...

stranger
stranger
[Linked Image]
Damn, +1 fan! I really, really love Steampunk and fantasy and this is just... awesome! I've never played your games though, so I'm going to have to look more into them heh. Also, do I see elements of dieselpunk in there?

Looking forward to this, might even preorder collectors heh.

A
veteran
veteran
A
What's "Dieselpunk" ???

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lynn
Today we’re very happy to announce the next game in the Divinity Universe: Dragon Commander! Dragon Commander blends our favourite genres together and is a game of massive dragon combat, epic turn-based strategy and immersive role-playing.

Details on Dragon Commander will be revealed next week during GamesCom 2011, the world’s largest trade show for interactive games and entertainment, but to tickly your imagination, we’ve just launched a teaser site showing off some in-game footage.

Click here to see it in action.

Awsome. Those are some of my favorite things to so this is just perfect.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Libertarian

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
What's "Dieselpunk" ???

I'll try and not go off-topic too much, but its a subgenre like Steampunk, just even lesser known. Steampunk usually has steam-powered devices, Victorian architecture/designs, and typically takes place in the 1800s, as you probably already know. Dieselpunk is 1930-1950s era technology, thus it has a more "modern" feel yet still has many of the odd devices and awesome vehicles. The best example of Dieselpunk is the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Dieselpunk is often confused with Steampunk, though I'm hardly suprised that it is. Its slowly making its way into mainstream audiences though, like Steampunk.

The reason why I said Dieselpunk is because that red faction has a lot of features typically found in Dieselpunk, like a lack of dirgibles instead having jet engines keeping things afloat.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Okay, thanks, I see.

I think some post-nuclear gammes would fall into that category, I guess ?

--Dilbert cartoon

stranger
stranger
Nice announcement! I hope to see this on my Box, if you get us the same quality (even if it's not an RPG) like on TDKS... it will be a succes for sure.

- Way of the Ranger -
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll enjoy the game guys I guarantee it laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard