Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408196 06/03/10 05:39 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
i cant kill stone but i alredy at lv 27, how to kill him please somebody help me tips or clue

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
please somebody help me

Support
Support

What class are you playing, and what skills are you using?
Do you have any spare skill points you can use to try out other techniques?

Are you using your creature? I found it much more effective with a ranger head than warrior, and best with a mage head.

You can always leave the fortress, level somewhere else (Raze's fortress, or Broken Valley, etc) and then return for Stone.

When I first encountered Stone I was level 28, the same as him. I figured I would clear up some of his henchmen first, but concentrating on them did not work out very well. After reloading the save I made just after entering the headquarters, I Rush Attacked Stone and focused on him, until he ran away, at which point the remainder were easy to clear out. In Stone's arena (you have to fight 4 other opponents before being able to confront Stone again), the third creature brought me up to level 29, and Stone wasn't terribly difficult after that in a one on one fight.

Raze's method may work for you but mine is all about summons. I had my creature and a demon(to keep the focus off me). I went for the healer first, then the summoner. I took out pretty much all his lackeys, jumping away when stone rush attacked me. I used 2-3 ultimate healing potions. Once stone is alone he isnt that big of a problem. Btw I was just wondering, does anything happen to notify or congratulate you for defeating a flying fortress? I think I beat stone's fortress and I cleared every island on foot but nothing special happens. Also, I killed the leader of the red hammer tribe a long time ago and I just now found the guy that tells me to but he doesnt recongnize that I killed him. Very frustrated.

Last edited by Jdog619; 06/03/10 02:17 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
hahaha is funny raze you want me to kill you. and thanks for the tips is working i beat that man hahahhaha thanks again oops rpg003 rpg001 rpg002 birthdaypie rpg007

Last edited by theKingsWill; 06/03/10 03:05 PM.
Support
Support

Jdog619;

Each fortress has various anti-dragon shields that need to be taken down, and a commander in a headquarters. There is an equipment set in each of the fortresses for Stone, Raze and Kali. If you get all that, then you know you've pretty much cleared the fortress.

There is an achievement when you complete all of the fortresses, but nothing for each individual one. I usually fly away from the fortress to get a general overview when I am done, and fly by each of the platforms in a methodical way (depending on how the fortress is constructed it may be easier to check out all the highest level platforms, then the next level down, etc). In dragon form you can see if chests are open or closed, and if you make a practice of breaking all crates and barrels, any you spot from the air mean that you missed something.

In the action RPG I of the Dragon, there was a spell that would reveal the direction of all opponents. Once activated, for a limited time you would see a glowing red/orange aura in whatever direction there were opponents. You didn't get a distance (unless they were visible onscreen anyway), but that made it much easier to track down the last remaining creatures in an area.

For the leader of the Red Hammer tribe, did you try going back to that cave? Maybe there are some goblins there, or huts outside, or something you can take out. Did you fight him again outside? If not, maybe that doesn't get trigered unless you have the quest.
I killed lots of quest NPCs before getting the actual quest (though not in this case) and didn't have any problems.

TheKingsWill;
A pale imitation deserves to die for the insolence of presuming to use my name.

apprentice
apprentice
isnt stone the guy that keeps saying "its cold in here, so very cold" if so just get summon demon, and your necro pet for extra damage on him, im a warrior btw lol and i breeze thru the forts fast, cept the actual frozen fort.. with the lady general, cant find out the names of the statues

Thanks raze!

stranger
stranger
First thing I did was use a summon demon spell and summoned my creature. Then I used the three potions from Barbatos that he makes for free from the book you get him in one of his quests. As soon as the chit chat ended, I immediately jumped backwards behind my summoned demon and creature. Then I just kept shooting level 5 explosive arrows and level 5 fireballs at everyone which I believe are the best because of the splash damage on all creatures within an area. My creature has a dragon elf head, so he was hurling level 7 fireballs as well. Anyone that approached me was smashed by my Barnabus' Mace with Life and Mana Leech and death sword dual wield combination.

Anytime I got low on health, I used a Greater Health Potion. Sure enough he was toast and ran to the teleport within a minute.

S
stranger
stranger
S
After you kill Stone and get a Invoker jewel where do you go to next. i tried to open the doors that are in the pit behind where stone was but it just says they are stuck.

Support
Support

The other doors in the arena were presumably the cell doors where the creatures that attacked you were kept. Other than the chest with the invoker jewel, there is nothing else to do there, so just leave the way you came in.

What is the Invoker jewel used for

stranger
stranger
After I chopped down Stone the first time an he runs away, i followed the other path leading to the spawning machine an there was a book (discarded note) on a bench talking about a ring thats been in a long stay in cold turbulent waters thats has had no effect on its magic, Im guessing its not anywhere near this room since its all lava here, is this supposed to be about the 5 jewels you use on the machine to get the chest to spawn?

Last edited by Major-Suicide; 19/11/10 10:26 PM.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Stone's Arena was the hardest part of entire game for me, even though I later played all of FOV. The big problem I had was that the Memory Eater sub-boss in the arena could one shot all 600 of my health with a single magic blast...

Even when I used summons that he would magic blast, I would have to get close and melee him to kill him since I was playing a warrior. At some point he would just turn and magic blast me and kill me instantly.

Eventually I just got lucky and one time he only magic blasted my summons.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard