Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#448035 10/08/11 07:55 AM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This is the isometric Divinity game right? Do you think it will be on consoles? I hope it's on consoles. I'm pretty damn sure that Divinity 2 attracted a good crowd from its release on Xbox 360.

If possible, can someone from Larian confirm if it's being developed for consoles?

Demonic #448055 10/08/11 04:50 PM
old hand
old hand
The short of it - we can't really comment.

The long of it -

1) We're not allowed to say anything about a specific console until we get all kinds of paperwork sorted out.
2) During development, everything we're making is running on more than one platform
3) But that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be released on one of these platforms (how crazy is that?), as we need permission from the platform holders
4) Even if we don't release on a platform, we still might at a later day

Lar_q #448097 11/08/11 11:23 AM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Good to know. I hope you do manage to get them on console. My computer probably wouldn't be able to run any games released in 2012. Both Divinity games sound impressive and I hope I'll get to play them!

Lar_q #448102 11/08/11 11:36 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q

as we need permission from the platform holders

I guess that would be Microsoft?

Anyway Ill be buying the PC versions as my PC is only 18 months old and was high spec at the time.

Edit: having just seen the trailer for Project D, Dragon commander I'm confident that my PC will run it. It does not look any more graphically demanding than DKS.

At least we know now project E is almost certainly Divinity 3 and continues the story of Damien and the Divine.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #448116 11/08/11 12:27 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arokh

And Sony for the PS3 - if they do it for it, that is.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah yes, Sony. Not my favorite company at the moment but I won't go into that.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Lar_q #448129 11/08/11 01:19 PM
old hand
old hand
I guess I might be a minority these days but I sure hope it is optimized for the pc and not a poor console port. Please don't take this wrong but that just seems to be the route a vast majority of games are taking these days (even witcher 2; though while it has it console limitations that were annoying it was better than some of the other cross platform games). Oh well I do understand this is a business and it appears that companies find consoles more profitable.

On a side note I'm a late bloomer to dks and find it quite good - there are a few tweaks in mechanics I would make (mostly that i find it difficult to select items even if i know they are there and a few changes to the plot line) but over all i am finding it to be a very good game. Surprise it did do better in the market place and make you big bucks. Oh well.
-

The short of it - we can't really comment.

The long of it -

1) We're not allowed to say anything about a specific console until we get all kinds of paperwork sorted out.
2) During development, everything we're making is running on more than one platform
3) But that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be released on one of these platforms (how crazy is that?), as we need permission from the platform holders
4) Even if we don't release on a platform, we still might at a later day

Arokh #448131 11/08/11 01:21 PM
old hand
old hand
Where is the trailer for project D ?

Anyway Ill be buying the PC versions as my PC is only 18 months old and was high spec at the time.

Edit: having just seen the trailer for Project D, Dragon commander I'm confident that my PC will run it. It does not look any more graphically demanding than DKS.

At least we know now project E is almost certainly Divinity 3 and continues the story of Damien and the Divine.

Arokh #448143 11/08/11 02:23 PM
journeyman
journeyman

Maybe I will dissapoint you, but Lars clearly wrote here, that Project E is NOT Divinity 3. It should be isometric RPG, but not as big as D3 will hopefully be. It may also be some spin-off set in the same world that doesnt add much to the story of Divine/Damian. But only Larian can tell us more.

Hopefully Divinity 3 will continue story of the Dragon Knight and Divine in the future...

Farflame #448169 11/08/11 08:56 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
If you mean the post 'Status update July 23rd' I think Lar was referring to Project D unless I missed something somewere as I don't visit every day. As far as I know Project E will be the spiritual successor to Divine Divinity which I suppose you could call Divinity 3. As speculated by a few it will probably involve the Divine and Damien but like you say only Larian can confirm anything. As to what the game entails we can only guess until they announce anything.

Arokh #448177 11/08/11 11:37 PM
stranger
stranger
Hope to see Divinity 3 too!

Anyway, Dragon Commander may help to wait.

- Way of the Ranger -
sure #448195 12/08/11 10:41 AM
veteran
veteran
I was a bit disappointed in D and now I can't wait for Project E details.

Confound you Larian!

Kein #448208 12/08/11 03:47 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein

Confound you Larian!

Same here, Dragon Commander will be an epic game in its own right (I mean, it's taking new ground here) but I mean, we ALL want the conclusion to the epic saga of The Divine One Versus The Damned One.

Demonic #448218 12/08/11 04:56 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course, I also want to see the original Divinity story concluded. Also to see what happened to the Dragon Knight after DKS even if he / she isn't a playable character or even an NPC.

Demonic #448230 12/08/11 06:06 PM
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Demonic

Confound you Larian!

Same here, Dragon Commander will be an epic game in its own right (I mean, it's taking new ground here) but I mean, we ALL want the conclusion to the epic saga of The Divine One Versus The Damned One.

Well, not just this, even though I really want to know what happened next (I do not mind the story NOT concluding in the next game). I simply want a simple, single-player European RPG, without mixing genres. And I want it to be as great as D2DKS. The plot does not matter that much, though it is preferable if the Universe is the same. But I strongly prefer an RPG even not in Divinity Universe, to a Dragon Commander.

vivaxardas #448237 12/08/11 07:27 PM
old hand
old hand
So where is the trailer posted ?

meme #448238 12/08/11 07:33 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

vivaxardas #448257 12/08/11 10:08 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by vivaxardas
Originally Posted by Demonic

Confound you Larian!

Well, not just this, even though I really want to know what happened next (I do not mind the story NOT concluding in the next game). I simply want a simple, single-player European RPG, without mixing genres. And I want it to be as great as D2DKS. The plot does not matter that much, though it is preferable if the Universe is the same. But I strongly prefer an RPG even not in Divinity Universe, to a Dragon Commander.

If you want an RPG not set in the Divinity universe, then there's plenty of RPG's out there...

If you're saying you'd rather Larian make an RPG set in another Universe instead of Dragon Commander...well it's a spin-off game, the Divinity 3 (I'm just calling it this, it's Project E at the moment) game is meant to be top down and like the first game. This probably means that there won't be any dragon shape shifting.

I personally look forward to the RPG Divinity more but I think DC should be interesting and great. Larian hasn't failed me before.

Demonic #448260 12/08/11 10:33 PM
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Yeah, I would prefer an RPG from Larian, does not matter where, in Divinity universe, in some other universe or whatever. I do not play strategy games, and as far as I remember from the past RPG elements in them are no more then the ways to beef up a character with some new perks and abilities - to heal units, to use some object, and such. And it is not my favorite part in RPGs, for me it is just a necessity to progress in the game and to see the story unfolding. In RPGs I like questing, exploring the land, talking with NPCs, and killing monsters. I like a good story, with good characters who have interesting personalities. Strategies are always very light in this department. I hope project E will be a real RPG, and I am pretty much OK with it being isometric.

Last edited by vivaxardas; 12/08/11 10:33 PM.
vivaxardas #448295 13/08/11 12:36 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
^
The Kingdom Under Fire series has great RTS elements but the character customization, characters and story is HEAVY. It also allowed you to fight in combat yourself just as you're suppose to be able to do in Dragon Commander. If you read the articles about Dragon Commander, Larian mentions that there IS exploring and a story along with intensive RPG elements. There are CHOICES that you can make. Since we have an avatar in the game world, this means we can develop them. Judging by the concept art, there's probably a facial/body customization for your dragon where you can choose their wing type, tail, horns or not, body color, skin type and head type. They say we rule a kingdom, so I'm guessing choices will be heavy and their consequences will be even heavier. They say they've "done it before Bioware" so don't worry about the game not having RPG elements or a heavy story, it's Divinity, so yeah, it should have an impressive story as it surrounds Maxos and The Dragon Knights. It may even tell us how/why Maxos disappeared and if it's during The Chaos War...then the story is going to be amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard