Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
What happened to Aleroth? It was a small village of healers in the middle of the forest, and ~100 years latter it is a huge capital city(of what?) in the middle of some sort of water (lake perhaps ?).
What happened to lizard people, orcs, dwarfs? There are only some explanations for Elves, not for other missing races. I WANT to see those races in projects D and E! Hell, I even want to play as a Lizard od Orc!
What happend to Dukedom of Ferol? Rivertown, Verditis? And what is general political organization of Human race in the time of D2?

Last edited by Sawovsky; 14/08/11 03:38 PM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
All other races simply more or less died out - after a war that was so terrible it gave the landscape a new look (like Aleroth being on a hill or a mountain later on).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
How long was it between the ending of Divine Divinity and the beginning of Divinity 2? 50 years? 100 years? Also I thought it was hundreds of years ago when Maxos died rather than thousands. I did read the books but I honestly can't remember. I had a look on the 'net but couldn't find anything specific.

As to answer the original question about Rivertown, that got trashed by Damien's forces. The political thing, well I suppose there was the Aleroth champions and the rivertown seekers who didn't get along so I guess there isn't a government as such. Each reigion has their own. In Aleroth and surrouning areas it seems to be the champions who are in charge.

Last edited by Arokh; 14/08/11 08:12 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Support
Support

Divine Divinity to Beyond Divinity was 20 years, then to Divinity 2 was another 50 years.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah, right, thanks

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Sawovsky
What happened to Aleroth? It was a small village of healers in the middle of the forest, and ~100 years latter it is a huge capital city(of what?) in the middle of some sort of water (lake perhaps ?).

I think Aleroth just got some re-done artistic rendering. It makes no sense, but it just got put in in a cooler way. Either that or you have not been in the real Aleroth in the first game but in a "Village somewhere near Aleroth". wink
In all cases, the new version serves as much better background for an epic RPG.

What happened to lizard people, orcs, dwarfs? There are only some explanations for Elves, not for other missing races. I WANT to see those races in projects D and E!

Damian has put a lot of orcs to work as slaves (build the fortresses). I assume most went there. The elves went into hiding.
Actually, I always considered "the other races" were simply "not around by chance" when the Dragon Knight was running around. It's a lame excuse (Larian obviously had no time to model and incorporate the other races into the comic) - but one that works nicely for me.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Silverdragon
I think Aleroth just got some re-done artistic rendering. It makes no sense, but it just got put in in a cooler way. Either that or you have not been in the real Aleroth in the first game but in a "Village somewhere near Aleroth". wink
In all cases, the new version serves as much better background for an epic RPG.

The in-game explanation is actually the same as how the Fjords came to be.

Just call it "Terraforming".

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

If someone strikes gold, or oil, it doesn't take long to turn a village into a city. The war with the Black Ring turned the source into a high value location (after the goblin heart discovery got the healing potions going again), and the magic unleashed during the war reshaped some of the surrounding geography. Even during Beyond Divinity, 20 years after Divine Divinity, a swamp was encroaching on the farmlands near Aleroth.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard