Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#448882 23/08/11 04:51 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The DD has Mapping/Map Editor Reference?

Unreal Archivist.
makemeunreal #448893 23/08/11 05:33 PM
Support
Support

There is no way to edit any of the maps (at least that anyone outside of Larian has discovered) or create new ones.

Raze #448904 24/08/11 06:35 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok....raze,you have from the larian Staff?

Unreal Archivist.
makemeunreal #448913 24/08/11 09:11 AM
Support
Support

I don't work for Larian, just joined the previous forum shortly after DD was first released in North America (there are still a couple people around from before then).

Raze #448923 24/08/11 10:39 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
(:Okay...This is a great community (:

Unreal Archivist.
makemeunreal #466766 30/05/13 04:45 AM
stranger
stranger
Greetz ppl. About theme. Many years searching the Divine Divinity map/script/sound (DevToolKit) editor. . . Since i was finished/continue that dime-gem-game, fall in to the dream that one day i find myself able to expand the great world of that game. Whatever, hope somehow i finaly made it truth, maybe it is just logicaly - to support the (4EVER )fan comunity - by simply sharing the Devkit of Divini Divinity 1 with original or modifed (As developers like offcource) map and script editor. THXGOD!

Buddha Mind Corporation
Dunai #466767 30/05/13 06:09 AM
Support
Support

Modding tools for the original Divine Divinity are highly unlikely. There will be modding tools released for the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin, though. As a test someone at Larian recreated much of Aleroth in the new game engine, and in one of the kickstarter videos they mentioned there could possibly be an official remake, or if that doesn't happen they could release some stuff to help a fan made effort.

The first video showing this was in the Kickstarter update #28, or check it out on Youtube. A couple minutes was shown near the end of the live Twitch.tv kickstarter countdown (about 3h 53m into the 4h 16m video).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #466982 08/06/13 11:34 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Modding tools for the original Divine Divinity are highly unlikely. There will be modding tools released for the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin, though. As a test someone at Larian recreated much of Aleroth in the new game engine, and in one of the kickstarter videos they mentioned there could possibly be an official remake, or if that doesn't happen they could release some stuff to help a fan made effort.

The first video showing this was in the Kickstarter update #28, or check it out on Youtube. A couple minutes was shown near the end of the live Twitch.tv kickstarter countdown (about 3h 53m into the 4h 16m video).

A modding tool would be great. It expands the games life. A true test to this is the Morrowind and Oblivion which are still being played and still popular today thanks to user-created contents.

Elfarran | Archer/Mage Class | Hard
Kuroneko #467219 16/06/13 06:54 PM
stranger
stranger
Thankyou. Good to know that i'm a wellcome. :]

Buddha Mind Corporation
Raze #473522 23/08/13 05:46 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Raze

I would pay full price for an updated version of Divine Divinity with today's graphics. As long as they didn't change it to having jetpacked dragons, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

I must have the longest tenure with the least number of posts on the forum. At least of active members laugh

Last edited by crpgnut; 23/08/13 05:46 PM.

'nut
crpgnut #473709 30/08/13 08:00 PM
stranger
stranger
Divine Divinity is good as it is. Developers should make more Isometric 2D games. Shame they only do "pixels" and metroidvania types.

Elfarran | Archer/Mage Class | Hard

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard