Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#449324 31/08/11 02:06 AM
paro Offline OP
OP Offline
well...in DKS i felt kinda sad that you where the last of your kind and i cant wait for dragon commander,the only thing is though ik there are gana be more dragon knights but are they all going to hostile??...side note(since you where the last DK in DKS is there a reason that you cant take a person that is worthy enough to the patriarch to become another DK or did he die?)

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
paro #449326 31/08/11 02:16 AM
old hand
old hand
In Dragon Commander your supposed to be able to do whatever you like, you can conquer Rivellon or form alliaces. So it's up to you how you choose to play it, well that's what they've said so far anyway.

As for the DKS Dragon Knight, maybe in the future the Dragon Knight will take worthy people to the patriarch. In DKS however the fact that you were the last & the name of Dragons was thought to be a name of disgrace your pretty much busy trying to show people that theres nothing disgracfull about the name. So maybe now that the name of Dragons has been redeemed maybe we will see more Dragon Knights in the future.

paro #449327 31/08/11 02:27 AM
Support
Support

You can form alliances in Dragon Commander, though I don't know if that includes other dragon knights.

Patriarch is still fine, and could presumably create more dragon knights if he were so inclined. He didn't help any of the dragon knights that were being hunted down, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to get actively involved. Talana was able to make your character a dragon knight, so with the battle tower and dragon stone, presumably your character could find a way to create more dragon knights. It is also likely many dragons and dragon knights fled from Rivellon when the slayers started becoming successful, so you might be able to track them down in some future game.

Raze #449328 31/08/11 02:30 AM
old hand
old hand
Yeah i can't wait for another game involving are Dragon Knight, I love my Dragon Knight DRAGON FORM BABY WOOHOO.

veteran
veteran
I believe (so far I read about DC) in Dragon Commander you are a Dragon Knight in times of MAXOS!, the Dragon Knight who let build the MAXOS! Temple ! ... Or was it in times of Orobas?
And all the Ghosts you met in this MAXOS Temple ?? Like the Larian(s) .. ahummm, 'Librarian' ...
And how about Lovis and his Tower ? And the Battle Tower ... ?
Many question I have, but one thing I know ...
... I go shout MAXOS!! ... in Amdusias' ears lol ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #449342 31/08/11 08:31 AM
old hand
old hand
LOL oh Joram your funny hahaha

But yeah being able to tell Amdusias MAXOS would be side splittingley funny lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Patriarch is pretty much a god so I guess he can make more dragon knights if he wanted to. Prehaps as you say future games could be based on more Dragon Knights created by the Partriarch I mean come on surley he can't sit on his a**e on his throne all his life doing nothing?

Also as Raze says some dragons might have fled to other parts of the world and could return later. It says you are the last one, yes but who's to know, there may be another continent on the world no-one knows about yet. Many possibilities.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #449363 31/08/11 06:07 PM
old hand
old hand
Considering how powerful the Patriarch is supposed to be (he could destroy entire armies of Dragon Slayers), there should still be "true" dragons around surely.

The Dragon Slayers merely killed the Dragon Knights, they could never take on a real dragon.

virumor #449364 31/08/11 06:23 PM
Support
Support

ZizZax the Almost Wise was 'almost' wise because he can not teleport or (IIRC) open rifts between different realms. Dragons had many places they could have gone, in or out of the world of Rivellon. Of course, dragon knights were created as intermediaries in the first place because dragons were reclusive, so any even remotely as powerful as Patriarch could simply stay where they were (possibly helping dragon knights to leave or hiding them).

The Divine banished Damian to the world of Nemisis, populated by the Raanaar, a race who could open rifts between realms. In his attempts to return to Rivellon (described in the novella and backstory throughout Beyond Divinity), Damian built up a fair Black Ring presence there, and forged alliances with various demons, etc. It is possible some dragons and dragon knights moved there to continue the war with the Black Ring (or were there and stayed), when the humans in Rivellon diverted their attention to dragonkind.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard