Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's Q&A time at our Facebook Page!!!

This week, Swen Vincke will be around for some questioning, and we thought it would be fun to ask all of you if you have any specific questions about Dragon Commander?

Please post them as your comments to this post, and on Friday we'll post answers to most interesting one... or to as many as Swen can cover!

Probably he can already talk about the story, but not about game mechanics, as things will change as the development progresses.

Take your chance and head over here.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
I'm having a little Q&A of my own. If any women have any questions for me, feel free to contact me on this forum.

apprentice
apprentice
Try to be sober if its on a Friday, my last venture on a Friday evening representing Larian didn't go too well :P

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ALF
I'm having a little Q&A of my own. If any women have any questions for me, feel free to contact me on this forum.

Ok then I have a question can us fans on the forum be testers for Dragon Commander so we can all play the game before it's release lol grin

......Though that might not be a question you were hoping for oh well lol biggrin

Originally Posted by ALF

I dont have a Facebook account, so I'll just have to try asking here.

Will you be able to play as a woman?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
Originally Posted by ALF

You want a skeleton prince?

Originally Posted by virumor
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
Originally Posted by ALF

You want a skeleton prince?

Sure, why not? For both men and women.

old hand
old hand
yes it would be nice to have the option to play as a female dragon knight in Dragon Commander

veteran
veteran
Can I post a question without having my own Facebook page ?

And when will Swen Vincke answer question? Must we read the answers on Facebook or on this forum (I hope) ?

I also hope Swen (he's Lar_q, isn't it?) will not stop making Status-updates ? I love to read them all smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't know, I think you need a page at Facebook to be able to post.
We'll make an overview of the Q&A in this forum thread.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Q&A - in a few hours, Swen will sit down for a healthy dose of answers to the questions posted at Facebook. So if you had anything you wanted to know about the game, please feel free to add more questions to the thread.

veteran
veteran
So far I see I can't posst a question on Facebook because I have not my own facebook page, but maybe I'm wrong I can't post ... ?

But my question (so far not read this question is already asked on Facebook)

I just want to know if Dragon Commander story has more than 1 ending ? And if so, how many possible endings the story will have?
And are there side story quests to do ? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
What do you want to know Joram I'll post it for you

veteran
veteran
Well, I want to know about what I ask (my question) in my previous post above here in this topic wink
You may do it for me, thanks in advance wave

old hand
old hand
Ok I've posted your question wink

Originally Posted by Joram
I just want to know if Dragon Commander story has more than 1 ending ? And if so, how many possible endings the story will have?

Before I can become aware of any potential answers, I shall take this opportunity to speculate wildly and say that there probably will be. Yes, they could have one ending, but considering the variety of ways you are apparently able to take over Rivellon (a variety, I admit, that consists mostly of rumours, hints and stuff I probably made up in my head), that one, single ending would have to be an incredibly generic "You became Dragon Emperor! Congratulations!".

Instead, I think a more... segmented... ending might be appropriate, similar to the slides of Fallout and Dragon Age: Origins or, indeed, the ending clips from Overlord or Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires or, perhaps, the voice-over from Alpha Protocol. Short sections dealing with your various decisions over the game welded into your somewhat personalised ending. For example, ending segments could be based on such things as...

Did you forge alliances with other Dragon Knights?
If yes, were you true to them or backstabbed them whenever it was convenient?
Did marry a princess? If yes, which one?
Did you remain loyal to a single princess or did you marry and divorce based on expediency?
Did you obey your princess' every whim or ignore her completely? Or something in between?
Did you try to maintain as much harmony as you could between the various races of Rivellon or did you set out to commit genocide on the elves or something?
If you are allowed to make roleplaying decisions on how you rule your territories, were you a benevolent ruler or did you squeeze the population for every last bit of gold? If you were lenient here and tyrannic there, did you tend to go easy on your imp subjects, but oppress the subjugated elves with an iron fist?

And so on and so forth, ultimately ending with, of course, "You became Dragon Emperor! Congratulations!"

old hand
old hand
Ok - answers posted. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/drago...ith-swen-vincke-02092011/241932875852089

As to WotanAnubis' extrapolation on how the story works in Dragon Commander, you're definitely thinking in the right direction, but the fact of the matter is that we're still discussing ourselves exactly how we'll do it. One thing is for sure - the idea is that the campaign is open, you make many decisions, they impact how things pan out for you.

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Ok - answers posted.

That was fun and enlightening, thank you. Though I do note that the one question even I'm getting sick of asking hadn't actually been answered.

Also, if the look of the White Dragon was based on a dragonfly, what animal was the look of the black dragon based on (if it was based on anything other than a T-Rex, that is)?

old hand
old hand
I'm guessing the male/female option is still in consideration.

old hand
old hand
Woohoo thanks Lar, I'm so looking forward to this game, you can count on me buying it on the day of release grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard