Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Arokh #448900 23/08/11 08:58 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arokh
Of course, I also want to see the original Divinity story concluded. Also to see what happened to the Dragon Knight after DKS even if he / she isn't a playable character or even an NPC.

Me personaly I'd be majorley disapointed if the dragon knight was'nt in D3, after everything you did in ED/DKS if they don't feature the dragon knight then would it have all been for nothing. Retaking the battle tower, defending Aleroth freeing the Divine, if they were to say yeah you did all that but the Divines back now so we don't need you anymore I'd be well p***ed off. i love the Dragon Knight but then I'm obsessed with dragons so lol, but I'd love to see a dual campain with the dragon knight & the divine. Or if they have to make D3 where you only gat to play as the Divine then I would like a spin off for the Dragon Knight. A kind of while the Divine is off f***ing up the dammed one The Dragon Knight is off slaughtering the Black Ring. Or like I said in another post have the option to play as both & when the time come's to kill the Dammed one then the Divine kills him weather you chose to play as him or the Dragon Knight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Late reply, I have been away but yes I agree a dual campaign would be nice but seem as the game has a top down view I get the feeling the Dragon Knight will not be a playable character. I hope I'm wrong but as Raze said in another thread the game plans have not been finalised. If I were to make an educated guess I think it would have a similar camera system to the Dungeon Seige games so maybe the DK could feature as an NPC at least.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #449188 28/08/11 02:36 AM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If Project E has a top down camera (which I think they confirmed) then having the Dragon Knight running about and transforming into a dragon wouldn't bear the same weight. Games with top down cameras often have limits and you can't jump. The fact it's top down suggests it's the spiritual successor and true sequel to Divine Divinity and continues the story of The Divine.

Demonic #449190 28/08/11 03:45 AM
old hand
old hand
Yeah more than likeley but I'm still hoping for a game that continues the Dragon Knight's story at some point.

veteran
veteran
I would love to play as Divine One again.

Demonic #449573 02/09/11 03:00 PM
old hand
old hand
All this talk about Project E and I've not even got DKS yet.
So I'm assuming Project E will have much more in common with Divinty II in terms of Gameplay style and what not compared to Dragon Commander?
Seems Dragon Commander isn't for me, not a massive fan of the whole concept.

DivineGamer #449574 02/09/11 03:18 PM
old hand
old hand
No it will be a top down veiw so it will be more like Divine Divinity on the pc

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@DivineGamer

Dragon Commander is the game that's more of a spiritual successor to DKS (what with the dragon feature and camera view). I know the RTS element may put you off but Larian has assured everyone that they've made sure that everyone enjoyed the RTS element (at least on the world map where things are turn based). Once you enter a battle, you take command of your dragon knight. You also rule a nation in which you can make many choices. One could say they took The Battle Tower from DKS and expanded it so you don't just have a few servants serving you, you have a entire army. It's got the exploration, free roaming, battle, action and RPG elements. I don't think you'd hate it, when has Larian failed with the Divinity series?

Project E (as Divine avenger said) has more in common with Divine Divinity (from what we've heard) and we can probably expect features from Divine Divinity being in project E. Whether or not The Divine One is the playable protagonist remains to be known. I'm hoping he is as I want to see him kill Damien but what with each Divinity game introducing a new hero, I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard