Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I just finished my first playthrough of D2:DKS. I had almost finished FoV a couple months back but I have had some stuff to do since. Regardless, I finally finished it and it was an amazing game. I enjoyed the story, quests, combat, characters, and especially the humor. The game was just flat out wonderful. Thank you Larian Studios for taking the time to create such a great game.

I am by no means an RPG player but this game really sucked me in. The only RPGS that I have played and beaten in order have been KOTOR, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. So you can see that I am not very well versed in RPGs. In fact I grew up playing Halo 2 online and currently almost exclusively play the Gears of War series. I stumbled across this game on accident by just viewing the xbox 360 marketplace and saw Ego Draconis and painfully had to wait for DKS haha.

Anyway, my question now is: What kind of character should I start next for fun combat? I know everyone has different preferences, but I just wanted to know what maybe some of you guys found to be the most fun. Btw, I was a warrior my first playthrough so I want to try something different.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the warrior is the best for fun gameplay although some of the mage's spells can be good for amusing kills. First time (playing ED) I was purley a warrior but whhen I played through DKS I played as a mix of warrior / mage which I found better.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
One of my new favorite builds is a Priest !
But I never played a PURE Priest (or whatever pure class) !
But a Priest with Rangerskills and 1 or 2 Warrior skills and/or Mage skills too.

The most fun for me is using skills as Charm, Blind, Fear or Curse, Summon Ghost, Demon and/or Undead ... & using my Creature . And the combination of skills can be handy and really fun :
Hide in Shadows & running to that enemie I want Blind or Charm. Or use Thousand Strikes and if that enemy try to run away, I use Stun Arrows first ... So many nice combinations are possible, it's fun & great to discover your own favorite skill combinations laugh !

For playing as Ranger (still with my Priest build), while my allies do the most durty work for me, I use Stun Arrows mostly and in Flames of Vengeance part, I try sklills I never used before like "Way of the Ranger", it's cool !

Mage skills I used most : Firewall & Healing & sometimes Magic Missile (skillp. via gear)
Warrior skills : first Rush Attack, later on Thousand Strikes and sometimes wearing a piece of yewellery with a warrior (or mage or priest or ranger) skill on it smile .

I always love it to find/buy as much nice yewellery with a skill on as possible so I can in one playthrough COMBINE skills so I can in fact CHANGE my current skill-build a little bit (or more than a little bit!) and I find that really Fun & Fantastic to play that way !!

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard