Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#451999 28/11/11 08:33 PM
Guthan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

so I entered the farmlands and forgot about asking Homer to give me the quest to kill the troll king. I killed them (but saved before entering their cave) and then went looking for the guy that was supposed to reward me - couldn't find him. So I checked my quest log, only to see I hadn't start the quest yet. I loaded the savegame before killing the Troll King and talked to Homer, but he won't give me the Dealing With Trolls quest? What am I missing?

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Guthan #452002 29/11/11 12:26 AM
Support
Support

Did you talk to the travelling merchant (on the path to the cursed abbey), then to Reginald (outside Tom's house, just west of the SW corner of the castle walls) and tell him you would kill the trolls to avenge his son's death? Homer does not offer the troll quest after that.

If that is not the case, you should be able to ask Homer about his farm, and then get a dialog option about the trolls.

Raze #452009 29/11/11 05:57 PM
Guthan Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, I did all the above before talking to him... Is there a way to revert this anyhow?

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Guthan #452011 30/11/11 02:50 AM
Support
Support

Yes, you can use the technique in the FIX for broken Imp Council Member quest topic (a bug in the disk version which was fixed in a patch) to get the quest from Homer. See the topic for details, but in brief you need to save the game, back up the dialogs.000 file, replace it with one from a new save (or anything before talking to the travelling merchant and Reginald), reload that save, talk to Homer and get the troll quest, head to the cave and clear out the trolls, return to Homer to complete the quest, save the game, place the backup of your original dialogs.000 file in that save (overwriting the temporary one from a new save), and then reload that save to continue.

Raze #452019 30/11/11 02:35 PM
Guthan Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll look into it wink thanks again Raze!

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard