Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
..all I want to know is when is either the sequel or expansion coming out because that was one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Damn the game was good, seriously Larian you guys deserve around of applause for this game. I have 3 other games waiting to be played and I think they are going to have to wait because I want to play DKS again. Thank you VERY much for one hell of a great time!

DKS has just been released few months ago and it is the full story. DKS=divine divinity 2 + flames of vengence (expansion).

Larian is working on a secret project and you will have to be patient wink

Imarion

T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Imarion
DKS has just been released few months ago and it is the full story. DKS=divine divinity 2 + flames of vengence (expansion).

Imarion

Yeah I am aware of all that, doesn't mean I can't hope though.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Imarion

Imarion

well I was wondering if this was all but I read now that there will be more nice I'll wait it out;)

I'm not God, but I'm close
veteran
veteran
Many thanks for the positive comments, Tevaul. This is heartwarming for the entire dev team. up
I have added your review to the users-reviews wink

All the best,
Lynn

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I wanted to to start my own "just finished game" thread but since there are so many I'll just add to this one if that is okay.

What I hated
- The music theme for broken valley (specifically the one in the main town)
- Thinking I could level from ~7-10 with an axe that did 1-2 damage near Lovis' tower
- Cutscenes that could not be skipped
- Limited malachite gems (missed one? "wasted" some? tough luck)
- When using "Thousand Strikes" my screen would spin but that move only targets 1 enemy and the spin annoyed me (I rolled Warrior-type)
- When the game ended (I nearly cried)

What I loved
- story, game mechanics, robbing npcs of their food, treasure, and other goods
- that I could continue my saved file onto the expansion (FoV)
- dragon form
- *most of the skills* and how well they could be chained together
- before the game ended

Final Thoughts
- I'm glad I bought Divinity 2 with FoV (recent steam deal for $10)so my character can continue on after the game and not be stuck *insert spoiler here*
- I'll be buying the next Divinity-like action rpg game by Larian Studios if and when it releases (possibly pre-ordering)

Thanks for the great game. (51+ of enjoyed gameplay hours and still going)

Last edited by qian; 05/12/11 06:11 AM.

If there will be a Divinity 3, I'm going to buy it and I'm going to be glad I did smile
Support
Support

If you reload for malachite veins and/or FoV quests, and limit the number of level 10 and healing aura enchantments you use, there are plenty of malachite gems to be had (including two I used for healing auras and another two for the blind philosopher, I collected 69 total).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Originally Posted by Raze

If you reload for malachite veins and/or FoV quests, and limit the number of level 10 and healing aura enchantments you use, there are plenty of malachite gems to be had (including two I used for healing auras and another two for the blind philosopher, I collected 69 total).

Welcome to the forum. wave

i know this is a late reply but thanks for the welcome,
69 total!!??!!???

i hope to get nearly as much in my 2nd playthrough smile
can't decide whether to play a mage or an archer next...

If there will be a Divinity 3, I'm going to buy it and I'm going to be glad I did smile
Support
Support

There are a possible 134 Malachite gems in the game (see that section of the DKS FAQ/Guide), though that is much more theoretical than practical. I did a moderate amount of reloading and got 2 or 3 gems per malachite vein; in FoV for any quest that gave more than one choice of reward I reloaded up to 3 or 4 times (usually) to see if the sets of gems would come up malachite (side or minor quests could have 2 gems in the random loot, while some of the main quests could have 5).

I played a warrior in D2:ED (original release) and Ranger in DKS, which I found fun, though for the ranger I had to stop distributing stat points after level 15 to keep things challenging. I don't usually play mage characters, though, so for my next game (eventually) I'm planning on starting an unarmed warrior.
In DKS magic spells get a bonus from magic damage weapon bonuses and enchantments, so for best effect mages should duel wield (no need to boost the associated skill, as the off-hand penalty is not applied to spells).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard