stranger
stranger
S
Working. Thanks smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
Any updates on when the steam update that includes the DRM removal is coming?

As I'd like to buy this game in the steam sales.

Support
Support

Did you check with Steam? I'm not sure what their usual response time is.

You can buy the game on sale and wait until the update is out to install it, or download the updated exe yourself (if you don't mind starting the game through a shortcut to the executable rather than the Steam client).

Welcome to the forum. wave

T
stranger
stranger
T
The Steam patch that Larian said was issued has not been applied. I purchased the game today during the sale (mistakenly - if I had known the DRM was still there I would've skipped it), and after installing and running it the SecuROM activation tool popped right up.

Lar_G, can you please check on this for us? I'm assuming it was a mistake by either Steam or Focus, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if you looked into it.

G
stranger
stranger
G
First off, thanks for this! The promise of a SecuROM removal patch delivered through Steam made me finally purchase this game, as that was the only thing keeping me from it previously smile

Any idea when it will be updated through Steam automatically? There's always a chance that Steam can overwrite the changed files with the downloadable patch, even if the game is set to not update and I'd rather not play until there's no chance for a SecuROM installation.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for this.

Removing Securom has also removed the annoying load time accessing the inventory smile

Also the game loads much faster now party

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by ThreeSon
The Steam patch that Larian said was issued has not been applied. I purchased the game today during the sale (mistakenly - if I had known the DRM was still there I would've skipped it), and after installing and running it the SecuROM activation tool popped right up.

Lar_G, can you please check on this for us? I'm assuming it was a mistake by either Steam or Focus, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if you looked into it.

Yeah. You said you submitted it to Steam, and I don't doubt you did, but have you folks heard back why it's been held up? Is Focus doing something awful here?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Raze is correct. We have distributed the patch to Steam through Focus and I expect it'll be online somewhere next week, so you don't need to apply the DRM patch to the Steam version. It'll happen automatically.

I know you guys are busy but have you gotten any word from Focus or Valve regarding the Steam patch? It looks like it may have been either forgotten or scrapped by one of them.

G
stranger
stranger
G
The Steam version just updated and removed the DRM, thanks so much you guys laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
My steam client just started downloading a 467Mb patch. Seems very large for just DRM removal - are there any other fixes / improvements?

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Support
Support

The zipped DRM free executable is 7MB. For any version except Steam, the second patch download is 160MB (at least for the English / French / Italian / Spanish patch). I don't know what Steam is doing, but AFAIK the most recent update only removes the copy protection.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard