Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The last time i seen the fortune teller she said I'd br flying in the air...

Maybe I missed the point where I could go back to broken valley or other places as a dragon but seemed like when I got the dragon stone the poison mist came...

veteran
veteran
Aha ...I believe I know what you've missed with the Torture teller wink

After she said "I'd br flying in the air..." ... this means that you gonna FLY, but it's a Belegar joke ! So after she said that to you you must "trigger" the point where Belegar appear and it's he who send you to a high place in the sky and drop you ! So you then falling down (fly) ... biggrin

The place you "trigger" this Bellegar joke is when you walk, coming from the Chicken Man (with the white chicken), to the Maxos Temple ! But as you can imagine, this is only posible if Broken Valley is not poisoned . wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

There is nothing on the ground in the well cave. There are a couple malachite veins there, but it is much easier to get to them before triggering the cutscene with Zagan than afterwards.

As Joram said, you can return to the mine tower in Broken Valley; the tower and the top of the walls are above the poison gas.

For the Bounty Hunter achievement, there is another set of wanted posters inside the harbour building.
Go inside, turn right, forward a bit and take the stairs up on the right.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Thanks Raze. I have been looking for Aurelius for half an hour and didn't realise he would be there .. I've been to the Harbor Port so many times and never realised you could go inside. Looking forward to seeing what's inside when I get home.

I'm having a job finding a matching set, you can't store items on this game and use them on next playthrough.

I think Im going to go with The Witcher 2 for my next game. Then another playthrough of this before Dragons Dogma. Any of you guys played The Witcher 2?

Support
Support

Armor sets (DKS) - or see Lancet's DKS FAQ/Guide

I used the full mining guild set for awhile (level 16 to 28), which is one of 3 sets you start with in the Steam version or North American Xbox version. Other than that, I never used more than one piece of any set, though I did equip several full sets to check them out.

I have not played the Witcher 2 (waiting until I build a new computer), but there is at least one topic about it in the RPG Chat forum.

veteran
veteran
On 17 of april The Witcher II come out in the store for Xbox .

Maybe I buy it, but I first wish to wait at least a few months and read comments on forums first. I have the feeling TW is a little bit too much showed blood, but not sure ... there're gamers who love it to see many blood in a game ... not really my taste ... let it be fantasy, not reality ... but that's my opinion wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Raze, "mini boss" holly crap! Just beat the guy on Nightmare. No achievement for beating maybe the hardest fight I've come across in a rpg. First time I had to save, re load, save re load to win. Feel like im cheating when I save during a battle but I could NEVER have beaten Raze any other way.

On The Witcher 2, sorry.. I meant the 360 version. Never played the pc version. I hope it is good .. The bar for future RPGs I play has been significantly raised after my time sign Divinity 2.

Support
Support

For that fight speed is key: hit both levers to disable the regeneration chambers right away, and then go after the general with your most effective attacks (as a ranger, an Explosive Arrow from the second lever until close enough for a point blank Splitting Arrow finished him off; Way of the Ranger could have helped, had I known it then).

There is an achievement for taking out all the flying fortresses.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Raze was tough. IMO later on there is a tougher fight in the hall of echos. At least for me.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Cheers Raze, il be attemptimg the last Flying Fortress today and getting the final bit of the Ulthring set smile

Im playing a mage/priest. My most effective attack is Magic Missiles, but that only hit Raze with one of the 3 missiles. I used the levers, but the 15 second cool down on them was very frustrating. I have to say I love "boss" battle like these.. they arent compulsory, but they are very hard and give the players looking for a challenge the option.

Chris. .. you now have me intrieged. After last Flying Fortress and Broken Valley I will be heading to the Hall of Echo's..

Will it flash up when the Game ends and the Expansion begins?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by memphis12

How do you mean ?

In the hall of Echoes are 2 places where you must fight enemies in human form. The second place is the final battle ... and after that a video starts and lead you seemless to the next fantastic part : Flames of Vengeance !

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by memphis12
Chris. .. you now have me intrieged. After last Flying Fortress and Broken Valley I will be heading to the Hall of Echo's..

There are several battles in the hall of echos. Didn't want to mention which one but (for me) lots of dying/reload saves. Was on nightmare but adjusted to hard mode for that one. Couldn't do it.

Enjoy FOV. Great voice acting.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Well finished Divinity 2.. onto the expansion now. I have to say I loved the ending smile Dont see why we need to have "happy ever after" endings all the time.

I dont know if I maxed out the right skills, but I found the Hall of Echo's not hard at all frown I was expecting to get my ass handed to me on a plate.. I never died once. (well in dragon form I died a few times) without my maxed out summoned demon and pet with all the best limbs I would never have done them. Charm was one of the best skills I invested in. Made most fights 10 x easier.

Brilliant game! I cant wait for the next one. Il have fun playing the expansion now. I think I read the Flames of Vengeance has more polished graphics etc.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the help and good crack through my first (def not last) playthrough of Divinity 2. One of my top 5 RPG's

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

There is nothing on the ground in the well cave. There are a couple malachite veins there, but it is much easier to get to them before triggering the cutscene with Zagan than afterwards.

Prove that. I want screenshots.

I have gone there and deliberately LOOKED specifically for Malachite Veins in the High Hall well cave and I didn't find any at all.

For the fight with General Raze, I think it's best to get him to 60% health or so before shutting off both levers. Otherwise, you need to do a lot of damage to him in the short time before they come back up.

veteran
veteran
I remember 2 malachite veins in the Well Cave almost at the end of that cave (at the right side), not so far from where Zagan is, but after stones blocking you way back... you can't get to them. Right ? (I'm not totally sure because I have discovered that the door to the Well Cave via High Hall is after killing Zagan still open, so maybe you can make it to the veins, still ... ? )

But sorry, I can't make screenshots (Xbox) ...

Support
Support

How about a detailed description? A screenshot wouldn't be a huge hassle, but I would need to move some cables to run my Xbox through my DVR, record video to DVD and then bring it to my computer to capture relevant frames.

From the D2:ED topic Malachite Gems;
If you walk up until you get to the far end of a dragon skeleton on your left, you can jump up onto the rock by the hip bone, and then onto the next higher rock to get over to the malachite veins. The next rock on the left edge of the path past the hip bone is an easier way (as far as jumping) to get to the vein, but make sure you jump diagonally to it (forward and left); if you try to walk up to the rock, and then jump left, you can easily trigger the cutscene there (IIRC that is why I missed the veins; I had already reloaded so I could search the place, and the second time getting the cutscene it didn't seem worth reloading again for the small area left unsearched).

You could get to these veins after triggering the cutscene (before leaving the cave) in the original release of D2:ED, but not in DKS (see Lancet's respective FAQs for D2:ED and DKS).

I found it easier to get the levers right away in the fight with General Raze, since a build up of walking armours if you wait too long can get in the way of the levers (a delay reaching the second lever could mean the time running out on the first).

veteran
veteran
All right, thank you. Found them, and took my own screenshots.

The only way I can see to get them in DKS though is to reach the ledge above the battle, then carefully jump down so that you land on the few places that aren't covered in lava and walk across.

I did manage to do that the first time, but that might just have been dumb luck.

Support
Support

I didn't try getting to the malachite veins after the battle in DKS, just noticed that Lancet dropped the description of how to get there. I guess it is just more difficult than it was in D2:ED, though, rather than impossible. The way to get there before triggering the cutscene is the same in D2:ED and DKS.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
In the cellar "black market" in Aleroth on Flames Of Vengeance there is a locked chest that says "your lockpick skill isn't high enough" even though my lockpick skill is 5/5.... Do I need a trainer to increase it or is it a bug?

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
There's a trainer in the Ministry that will upgrade lockpick.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard