Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

I don't know. Talk to somebody and exit the conversation, trade for a couple minutes, talk again and check the conversation log. If there is a 30 second, or so, difference between conversations, then trading doesn't count.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Wait...so I've been through 27 hours of dialogue? That's amazing. I didn't know. So the game is far longer.

veteran
veteran
I'm coming up on 290 hours played. Of course, 180 of that was my first three characters, and the other 110 is for the Let's Play I'm doing, which involves a lot of replaying and alternate takes on things.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I'm coming up on 290 hours played. Of course, 180 of that was my first three characters, and the other 110 is for the Let's Play I'm doing, which involves a lot of replaying and alternate takes on things.

Hi Stabbey wink

I read a frist part of your "Let's Play" . Really very nice and full of good info, great job !! Very good & again a nice to read LP of one of your playthroughts in the Divinity Universe that is Rivellon smile

I've a comment :
what you write about the Summon Ghost is not complete : besides the Ghost can heal your hero, it also use fireballs ! So this Ghost is not only for defense . And the best way to keep your Ghost alive is to attack those enemies that try to kill your Ghost.
It's indeed: how higher your skill in SG, how more the Ghost can heal you with a single cast wink
I personal find this skill superb because you've 3 things at the same time(!) :
1) an ally who can distract the enemy so you've more time for other combat or non-combat actions
2) SG can heal you : Healing skill
3) SG use Fireballs : Fireball skill (the Ghost becomes stronger (higher level) and also his fireballs become stronger)

And another thing I, personally, wish to say about a Priest build :
it's really not boring, on the contrary, it's big fun to play as a Priest. And a Priest Skill like Charm is in fact also an offensive skill because you now can make more allies (temporarily, but at level 1 Charm most of the time already long enough because of the fast battles) and at level 3 Charm you can charm more than 1 enemy ... Curse is also 'a kind of' offensive skill because you lower the defenses of your victimes ...
Just my thoughts and, of course, no offense at all to you wink

I really admire your writings on your Let's Play, fantastic they are smile

Good luck Stabbey up

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
I never said it was boring. I said that I had never played a priest and so it COULD be boring. I might try one after I do my dual-wielding fire-warrior gimmick.

No, even after 290 hours and the grueling work of the LP, I'm still not sick of the game.

Yes, I did see that the Ghost can shoot fireballs (rarely), but I also saw that they don't seem to do much damage - and considering that summons and the creature already do little damage, it's not really the primary draw of the Ghost. If you want fireballs, the Summon Undead spell would be better, it does more damage. Claiming that the Ghost is just as good would have been misleading, so I thought I should keep it simple.

Yes, the ghost does distract the enemies, but I consider that a BAD thing, because if I bring the ghost out, it's most likely because I'm badly injured and want healing. having the enemy go over and swat it is not very helpful. Again, the Undead or a creature would be better for a distraction.

Charm is an interesting case because it lowers the amount of XP you get from a kill, which is a notable downside. The fact that you can charm more than one person at higher levels is pretty irrelevant honestly, given the long cooldown on Charm.

Last edited by Stabbey; 21/03/12 11:11 PM. Reason: stuff
veteran
veteran
Hey Stabbey, I said to you in my previous post : no offense, so please, I JUST want to say to everyone here that playing a Priest is fun, that's all, sorry if you understand it wrong hug

I read your LP and it's fantastic ! I had the wish to psot on that forum something, but my pc is so slooow that it takes to many time to join in, but in the furture I try it . wink

But there's another thing I wish to say about what you wrote in your LP about Charm :
* First: it's right that I loose XP using Charm, but on the long run I win it back bacause leveling up slower give more XP in combat .
* Second : you can train Charm up to level 7 smile
Each level in Charm it goes up with 6 levels :
L1 > up to level 13 enemies or lower
L2 > up to level 19
L3 > up to level 25
L4 > up to level 32
L5 > up to level 37
L6 > up to level 43
L7 > up to level 49

I play the Xbox version of DKS and it would me wonder very hard if the PC version gives only 5 levels in Charm !! eek
So please change this because it would be stupid the devs of Larian make a skill you can use NOT to the end of the game ! That would be indeed TERRIBLE and in that case I would be agree what you've written wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
veteran
veteran
No offense taken.

Are you referring to the post I made about the preset FoV characters? In that case you are right and I was mistaken. A new FoV character can only have 5 points into Charm, but at least one trainer in the Ministry can raise the cap to 7 in the PC version of DKS.

veteran
veteran
@Stabbey : I can't register on that Something Awefull forum ? smirk

Maybe some suggestions for the devs ?
It was better if the preset FoV characters at the start of FoV have already upgraded skills to their maximum level (Charm at 7, Blind to 8, etc)? I can imagine it can confuse NEW players who starts FoV ?

And give a new character some free skillpoints to spare ? For example: as a Priest I don't use Magic Missile at all, so if I ever start a new L35 hero with FoV and choose the Priest I go immediately to a trainer to unlearn all skills just because of that 1 skill ! :hihi: .

veteran
veteran
It costs $10 to register an account on the SA forums (to keep spammers and trolls out). I'm not the person to ask if you're having trouble.

The New Game: FoV does give you 64 skill points to start out with, you don't have to use a preset, you can mix and match and do any kind of build you want. I would have thought you'd know that?

veteran
veteran
oops ... never tried a non-preset New Game with FoV ... that's great to know,
thanks for the info !
Sure I gonna try such New Game without using a preset smile Let's attack, here we come again hahaha
Lovely Divinity games, can't say this enough !!

veteran
veteran
In fact, not even the PRESETs are fixed. Start a new Custom Character. and you can select the preset stats and skills, and tinker as needed.

old hand
old hand
Great LP, Stabbey! And with an unarmed character, even. Very interesting.

As for the topic, I finished the game with 6 different characters as of now, so probably played more than 300 hours in total.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I don't know. Talk to somebody and exit the conversation, trade for a couple minutes, talk again and check the conversation log. If there is a 30 second, or so, difference between conversations, then trading doesn't count.

I believe the time you're in the "trade mode" with a NPC doesn't count for the total time of all your conversations ... but even without this "shopping time of my Priestly-big-pleasure Trading Tour of Ronja" ... now at level 32 I've a total time on Conversations around (above) 70 hours !!
that very impressive !
But to say this:
I don't SKIP dialogs, except with my runners sometimes I do .
Love to hear what NPC's say and how they speak smile Most are o so funny, especially Zixzax, Timpuk, Charlie (on his island), Hermit, the Illusionist's and many more !!

J
stranger
stranger
J
I've not finished it yet, but I'm going now to the island.
With the battle-tower I believe.
Finally then, I can put some items in a chest.
really frustrating, you're inventory limits !!

So far, I've played 16 hours to go to the island.
I'm still in Maxos Temple. So, make it 17 hours.

I play as a warrior from Gothic, combined as a Mage as well.
For shooting fire from a distance.

My opinions so far:

Good:

1) the story is ????
2) also the quests are good
3) the music and sound is nice
4) there are good challenges
5) I love the humor
6) and more ...

Bad:

1) Just when the next part is open, you get attacked from groups of hard enemies.
2) The main story and so, isn't so exiting like in Gothic.
Hence, some parts of the story are difficult to understand.
3) Characters: most are ok, but I don't mind if someone dies or not.
There are some particular feelings missing.
4) There's a terrible lack of beasts !!! (boars, wolfs, bears, ...)
5) Some puzzles are really hard, that I need to use a walkthrough
6) I don't feel much difference in the skills (only those chests/lockpicking)
7) some feelings ....

Overall; here are my votes !!

1) Gothic 2 Night of the Reaven (NOTR) : 10/10
2) Gothic 3 (9,5/10)
3) Gothic 1 (9/10)
4) Risen 1 (8,8/10)
5) Risen 2 (8,8/10)
6) Venetica (8,5/10)
7) Divinity II (8/10)
8) Arcania (Gothic 4) 7,5/10 (yeah bad comments, it's a good game)
9) Two Worlds 1 (7/10)
10) Two Worlds 2 (7/10)

Last edited by Jason5511; 22/06/12 01:22 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I don't think a 8/10 is bad for a Gothic - copy.
Lol: hehehehehehe

Support
Support

really frustrating, you're inventory limits !!

There is a skill to increase your inventory size, which you can unlearn (for a price) and get the skill points back once you have the battle tower and the chest there. On a second playthrough you will have a much better idea of what is important, and the inventory limit will not be a problem.

See the topic books for some inventory management suggestions.

1) Just when the next part is open, you get attacked from groups of hard enemies.

New areas generally contain stronger opponents in most games. In DKS there are usually other areas to explore first or quests to finish, etc, if a particular area is too tough.

2) / 3) / 4)

I never found the story hard to follow, but you are right there isn't a lot of connection with most of the characters (unlike some in Divine Divinity, for example, who you have more interaction with).

There were more boars, chickens, ducks, etc in the original release of D2:ED, but many were removed in the Xbox version of DKS for performance reasons (though I never had any performance problems in D2:ED).

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
5) puzzles hard to solve ?
I prefer this above too simple puzzles to solve wink

And you can always ask for help here on the forums smile
Friendly people around here smile !

I personally find DKS way more better than Risen or Gothic 4 ! But that's me, I'm a div player for life ! Plus, I can't stop thinking about them because
I'm "Soul Binded" with them all ... :hihi:
So, in fact, it's not my own fault hahaha

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Jason5511
I don't think a 8/10 is bad for a Gothic - copy.
Lol: hehehehehehe

It's not a Gothic copy and the gameplay isn't similar to Gothic gameplay in anyway. For example you can't go to sleep or interact with many things, meanwhile you can't freely kill NPC's and the game's combat focuses more on skills and statistics than it does on blocking and timing.

"1) Just when the next part is open, you get attacked from groups of hard enemies."

Same way Gothic and all other old RPG's are. Ever played Baldur's Gate or Dark Souls? They're like that too.

"2) The main story and so, isn't so exiting like in Gothic.
Hence, some parts of the story are difficult to understand."

That's because you need to play Divine Divinity to have a complete overview of the story.

"4) There's a terrible lack of beasts !!! (boars, wolfs, bears, ...)"

Agreed. I would like to have seen some wolves, boars, bears and other wild animals in the game. Instead we only get rabbits and the rare deer in Broken Valley.

"6) I don't feel much difference in the skills (only those chests/lockpicking)"

Clearly you're aren't using them then. Each skill has a different attack and effect. Mages can empower themselves and strike enemies from afar with ranged magic attacks. Priests can summon creatures to fight for them. Warriors have a variety of special melee skills which can only be used with melee weapons. Rangers have a variety of special ranged skills which can only be used with ranged weapons. The Dragon Slayer tree is simply to increase your character's passive abilities.

Last edited by Demonic; 28/06/12 09:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
I've played DKS for many many hours and still playing for many of dozen of hours TILL the time div Original Sin is ready to release !
Also I wish to go for Dragon Commander IF it's coming on Xbox! I believe DC will be a joy to play on a console ! D:OS plays best on a pc I believe smile .

A Priest is at the moment & already for a long time now my all favorite build !
I can't say it enough how much I love all the funny NPC's, the way they speak, the humour is o so great done in DKS !!!! I can't stop thinking, talking or writing about the div Universe ...
.... ALLLL THE TIIIIIMMME !
biggrin

enthusiast
enthusiast
not quite sure, I think I'm at 60hrs or so now..and i still got PLENTY to do, but then again I do almost everything, and go look everywhere before i advance to next stage smile

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard