E
elstir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello everybody,

I got this wonderful game recently.
I am a level 12 warrior at the top of Lorvis tower and I meet this skeleton guy who wants to trade with me. I say ok why not? and discover I can get for 1500 gold a nice sword with 12-20 damage hit or something.
Then I read further in the description : "incresed damage by 60"!! I believe it is called the undead sword of doom.

wow! so now, i do something like 80 damage!

Before that I needed 10 strokes to kill a regular guy, now it only requires one or 2!
For example, i killed the bandit camp leader in 4 or 5 blows!

( and i found another sword in a chest neer lorvis with 65 damage increased!)

is it normal?

ps : please excuse me if I don't speak correctly because english isn't my first language!

thanks in advance smile

veteran
veteran
First of all a warm welcome to the forums wink

Well, when you dan read "increased dam by ..." then this means that weapon has a Enchantment . There're 10 diffent levels of increaded dam (from 1 to 10, 10 gives +100 dam)

You can disenchant each enchantment to learn it's Formula and put that enchantment on another favorite weapon .
But also for Armor & Yewellery excist different kind of enchamtments wink
Take a visit to all traders and look at all the gear and compare them ... you will discover many things you probably didn't know at the moment wink

Have you met 'Dreavan' ? If you do, he can (dis)enchant all kind of gear. But you can only use enchantments via learning the Formula's by :
1) disenchanting enchanted gear
2) buy a Formula
3) find a Formula

It's handy to keep a list of all the learned Enchantments smile

Good luck and I wish you big fun with this great awesome rpg !!
wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
E
elstir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
ok thanks for the kind answer!
so everything is normal? For me it seemed that a 65 bonus damage was way too high to be "true"! I thought that it was a bug.

I'm not sure if I have met that Dreavan yet (i'm at the temple near the lorvis tower) but I sure will remember the information about the enchantments.

thanks again!

Support
Support

Is the sword description saying +60/65 damage, or is that the effect when you equip the weapon? When duel wielding in DKS, the effect of damage enchantments on each weapon are applied to both (and magic damage bonuses/enchantments on weapons are applied to spells, including each missile in a cast of Magic Missile).

I didn't pay attention to swords in DKS (playing an archer), but you may have just got a lucky randomly generated item. The sword in the chest near Lovis is a set item, and always has a level 7 Increased Damage enchantment (+30 damage), plus a damage bonus if you are wearing any other Blood Echelon set pieces.
When I finished Maxos temple I got a random bow in the list of quest rewards with level 8 Increased Damage (+50). You can buy a bow with Increased Magical Damage 4 (+12) from the blacksmith, but there are no pre-set items with higher levels of that enchantment, and I didn't make note of where/when I found higher levels.

Do you have the patch installed, or an already updated release / download version?
In the original release of some versions of the game the changes to the enchantment system could result in some high damage bonuses on low level equipment. In that case, though, it was getting something like 40 or 60 damage at character level 3 or 4.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Luck of the draw. That's a Level 9 enchantment I believe. Keep that sword, and before you sell it for something better, disenchant it so you can apply that +80 damage to the any other weapon.

veteran
veteran
Which kind of sword is this? Never saw/found "Luck of the draw" smirk Where do you found this sword mr_raider ? I'm now very curious, of course !
And +80 damage ? A level 9 increased damage gives +75 I believe ...
... or are we talking about a different game ?
(I've Divinity II DKS in mind, like most of the time, or better say, "almost always" :hihi: !)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm guessing the OP messed up and it's +30 damage. Those pop up in Derk's shop around level 11 sometimes. Some people found +30 magical damage at level 3!

veteran
veteran
Haha, I was mislead wink

If you go to trade each level the chance to find a weapon at level 3 with an enchantment increaded dam +30 (= an advanced level 7 enchantment!) is possible, but to be honest: the OP must have had a very lucky day wink
I never saw such high enchantment at level 3 (can't remember such a thing).

E
elstir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello again and thanks guys for the replies!

the sword I found in the Lorvis chest is the "blood echelon sword".
I'm at level 22 and still uses it!

it does 21-35 melee damages; 6-11 magical damages, +2 conditionnal body, +3 to strengh.
And the enchantement (since it is written in orange (thanks to joram's info :))) is : normal damages increase by 65!

when I said 80 damage I meant overall, not the bonus smile

I actually had another sword before finding the new one with +60 damage (lol!)) but ..................ahem...i sold it and I don't remember where she is (maybe in the bandit camp....i might search here). It was "something sword of doom" I believe.

I patched the game before playing it so i have the lastest version (1.7.9 i believe?)!

are the set items generated or ar they in speceific places? I would love to find another blood echelon item.

I'm just after the battle tower, in the orobas fjord and the game is becoming awesome!
switching dragon form/normal form, flying among these cliffs, searching for hidden places, its a blast!
i'm a little overwhelmed by all the things that are feasable in the battle tower (alchemy, training, necromanacy..)though, but in a "good" way smile
I have a warrior, with sword+ shield, and bow for ranged attacks and I use : whirlwind, charge attack, ghots, firewall, and explosive arrow, and other stuffs. (i read somewhere it was a good combination).

Last edited by elstir; 28/03/12 08:55 PM.
Support
Support

The enchantment is 65 damage? The Blood Echelon Sword has a level 7 Increased Damage enchantment, which should be +30 damage (at least in the North American Xbox version the damage enchantments give a bonus of 2/4/8/12/16/20/30/50/75/100).

The most recent version of DKS is 1.4.9.70 (patch / DKS DRM free patch).

Set items are in specific places and have pre-determined stats.

Armor sets (DKS) / Dragon Knight Saga FAQ/Guide

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by elstir
the sword I found in the Lorvis chest is the "blood echelon sword".
I'm at level 22 and still uses it!

On my few playthroughs I still used it too around that level. Won't be long until better ones appear. You'll need them too.

The only set items I used was the wild dwellers armor and then the other where you have to mindread some bosses. Forgot the name of it. Started with a 'U'.

Support
Support

Ulthring's set can be gotten by Mindreading Stone, Xanlosch (in Stone's flying fortress), Raze and Kali.

The Lord of Chaos forged part of his soul into the Sword of Lies to give to Ulthring, the battle mage in charge of the Black Ring army during the previous war with Rivellon (some 700 years before DKS, as described in the Divine Divinity pre-story). minor DD spoiler:
Your character destroys that sword at the end of Divine Divinity, which is presumably why Ulthring's set has no weapon.

M
stranger
stranger
M
My understanding was that the enchantment bonuses were generated dynamically and randomly when looting an item.

Support
Support

Set items have pre-determined stats and enchantments. Special equipment that is always in the same place (ie the bow Ranger's Rest sold by Derk in the Broken Valley village) usually have pre-set stats (the Wishing Well bracelet is an exception) and enchantments (some are random, like Rothman's bow).

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard