Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
The impression I get from everything I've read (The situation interesting me far more than the abusively DRMed games! :D) is that Bioware wanted to create a unique and unexpected ending to the series, but unfortunately they didn't really know how to do it, so went about it the wrong ways.

There are so many obvious missteps, from the sudden inclusion of multi-player in the third game of a single player series to promising 16 endings and delivering three. Worse, those three don't seem to have any relationship with anything the player has ever done throughout the rest of the series.

To me, the three most obvious endings in anything like ME would be 'win', 'stalemate' and 'lose', as it is basically about a war. But there's none of that. For more endings, you could graduate from 'total win' to 'total loss' with many shades between. Those are things that would make sense.

But to end a three game series where everything till the end was predicated on player choice, then take that choice away at the point of climax is... An unusual decision, shall we say! laugh Everything you've done through all three games up to that point is rendered completely meaningless. I can't think I'd be happy with that, either...

Please click the banner...
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
never mind

Last edited by virumor; 07/04/12 07:24 PM.
old hand
old hand
it would'nt be so bad Elliot if the 3 ending were 3 different endings but there not there all near enough identical.

virumor #454678 08/04/12 07:12 PM
veteran
veteran
For the curious, my forum's discussion on ME3

From the announcement until people actually played it... And what everyone thought. There's a bit of a tonal shift you guys may find amusing laugh

old hand
old hand
wow that's an interesting read Eliott, I read all 8 pages although I did'nt click all the links as I've already seen most on the BSN forums. The last guy that posted though should have also added that they not only punished you for not playing ME2 but they also punished you for not playing ME2's DLC. The Arrival DLC being the main one because if you played ME2 & imported to 3 but didn't download Arrival it punish's you by decreasing your war assets. It add's a note to your war assets saying that an elite group of alliane marines sacrificed themselfs to complete the mission you get on that DLC. It also go's so far as to rubb your nose in it by making a comment stating how you could have really used there expertise in the current situation.

veteran
veteran
Oh, that's REALLY bad! Do you mind if I quote that in the thread over there, DA?

old hand
old hand
No go ahead, people need to be aware of the fact that Mass Effect 3 is out to get you if you haven't played all the games & DLC hahaha

veteran
veteran
Thanks smile

Didn't really want to pinch your entire post without crediting you! laugh

Last edited by Elliot_Kane; 13/04/12 09:12 AM.

old hand
old hand
you might want to correct the bad spelling & typos first though lol hahaha

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
you might want to correct the bad spelling & typos first though lol hahaha

Well, I COULD have, but it seemed rather disrespectful to quote someone then correct everything...

old hand
old hand
I wouldn't have minded, I'm the first to admit my spelling is sh** lol. besides I'm well aware my skills lay more in my observations rather than my explanations so I'm not bothered if people want to correct my spelling hahaha

veteran
veteran
It would annoy the flip out of me if someone went through correcting any of MY errors, so I extend others the same courtesy I would hope for myself smile

I always figure the content of a post is far more important than the grammar & spelling, anyway smile

old hand
old hand
thats a really good attitude to have it's a shame more people don't share your point of veiw. The world would be a much better place if people were a little more excepting of the fact that everyone has different strengths & weakness'.

As for my post on the ME3 Arrival DLC I noticed it when I imported my save from ME2. I loaded up an early save file from 2 where i had'nt done the Shadow Broker or Arrival. I saw the message in my war assets & was more than a little annoyed so I imported a different save & started again. Lucky for me that I'd only just done the 1st mission so I was still at the start of the game.

veteran
veteran
People are people, I figure smile

On the ME3 thing - yeah, I have to say it does sound like Bioware are dead set on screwing as much money as possible out of their poor long suffering customers. It's a shame. Since DA:O they seem to have been blinded by little dollar signs in their eyes.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'd say not they have been blinded - but rather EA or at least Bioware's superiors have (I mean the middle charge between EA & Bioware, those who are trying to connect both).

Edit : accidentally wrote : "Bioweare" rolleyes

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 13/04/12 12:42 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
I think many gamers are becoming 'Bioweary' Alrik, so you may be on to something, there! laugh

old hand
old hand
I'd have to agree with you on that one Elliot Bioweary sounds spot on lol

old hand
old hand
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

lol all that needs to be said about the ending grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard