Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
stranger
stranger
D
I beat him at level 11 with a two handed sword that does 20-56 physical dmg. He was lvl 13. Not hard at all.

veteran
veteran
That's because Amdusias is most weak in melee !
You must have had luck he had not hte change to shoot an exploding arrow at you ! And he can use also Fear or a Stunning Arrow ! But attack him as fast as you can with a melee weapon and you got him on his most weak spot biggrin

I use Hide in Shadows or Rush Attack to fast attack with melee weapon to force him to draw his sword ...
My Creature with a Ghoulish Head is very useful doing a Rush Attack and making an end on Amdusias' life with a Fatality blow !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
H
stranger
stranger
H
Ok so i have gottin the orbis arcesso and i have done the quest for the librian but it never gave me the secound book, like i have got his chest, made him mad and got the lower chest but i dont got teh secound arcesso book where do u get it

Support
Support

It should be put directly into the quest item section of your inventory when you talk to the librarian and hand over the first volume. I don't think the name of the second volume changes, so just go through the quest related books to find it.

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
stranger
stranger
A
How do you call that not hard? My charcter (Ariona) is a ranger she has good weapons like a warhammer or something, and I'm level twelve. Amdusias keeps shoting explosive arrows at me or something, and I'm tired of continingly dying and restarting, a creature at my side, too. I don't know what it is, plus I also have an UnDead summoner, too. Not even that will help, and the UnDead just dies as soon as an arrow strikes it. I need to upgrade my strength or something don't I? Or dash over that with that quick dash sort of thing. I have very strong warhammers, and I just might be able to kill Amdusias.

Last edited by Ariona; 06/05/12 03:14 AM.

Ariona the dragon knight.
Support
Support

Amdusias is level 15, so it would be better if you were, as well (giving you access to the Healing spell, Explosive Arrows, etc). Playing a ranger in DKS I found close range splitting arrows quite effective against bosses, though didn't learn it until later (character level 24). Some of the skills were modified a bit from the original release, and unique bows added, etc.

If you run at a bit of an angle and jump on your way towards Amdusias, you may be able to avoid his first Explosive Arrow, and get within melee range before he can use it again. Alternately, you could learn Rush Attack if you have a spare skill point (you will eventually be able to redistribute your skill points, for a price, so it will not be 'wasted').

You can reload a save before entering Amdusias' chamber, use the teleporter shrine in the centre of the hallways to leave the temple and then either finish off stuff around Broken Valley, or head to the fjords (mountain path in the far south west of Broken Valley).

When you finish off Amdusias you will get access to Sentinel Island. Your first encounter there you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are the more of an experience bonus that will be (I made it to 18 in the fjords in the original release of D2:ED, and to level 22 in DKS). You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus (equip anything you have with a Wisdom boost).

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Rush Attack is indeed a nice skill against Amdusias.
But if you can find/buy a yewellery item with the skill Hide in Shadows on it that is also very useful !
I used a Creature with a Ghoulish Head (skills: Rush Attack & Fatality). Further on summoned my Ghost to heal me (best thing is to have your Ghost behind you so the enemy do not attack the Ghost directly ... Both, summon Ghost or Undead hurls fireballs to the enemies, but the Ghost can Heal you too smile ! But it's important to upgrade summons to the most higest level you can so the summon has more change to survive for a short time wink

After Amdusias become human form I jumped & runned fast away from him to the closed gate using Hide in Shadows so I'm sure Amdusias do not follow me !
After that I wait till the cool down time of Hide in Shadows is over, drink some resistance or other potion (strength, dexterity, intelligence) ... make a new save game, summon my Creature & Ghost, start running to Amdusias while using Hide in Shadows. Then, when I'm close by him, my Creature with Ghoulish Head start to attack Amdusias with melee. Now it's time to start attacking him with a melee weapon !! And if needed drink a healing potion to be sure and in the meanwhile don't stop attacking Amdusias with a melee weapon, don't stop so he have no time to attack your Ghost (and so the Ghost have time and a chance to heal you if needed !
And if you have 1 point in Rush Attack you can also use it when you're close to Amdusias using Hide in Shadows.
But beware: if your manapool is empty Hide in Shadows stop working (it use mana per second) and you become visible again !But you can drink a potion or eat, you remain invisible !

This way the battle was fast over AND I killed Amdusias smile But a good strategical plan was helpful !! laugh

Note : you can also use the spell Healing (required level 15) and remain invisible while using Hide in Shadows wink

Good luck ! up

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Amdusias is the first really nasty boss, and everything after him will be level 16 or higher, so I would go do more quests until you're closer to level 15 - the skills you get there will really help - Healing and your own Explosive Arrow.

If you've built your ranger with a focus on dexterity and ranger skills, switching to warhammers will probably not be all that effective unless your bow is underpowered AND you've got a bunch of points into Strength. Getting close enough to Amdusias to use the hammers without taking an exploding arrow to the face will likely be difficult anyway. If you can get that close and have points into Splitting Arrow, you could try that.

I think your wisest course would be to come back at level 15.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard