Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Definately wish the guys at Larian would make another game to pick up where this game leaves off damian is still alive the divine is free and what comes of commander rhode and her relationship with the dragon slayer turned dragon knight what of that etc... alot of stuff left untold at the end of divinity 2 flames of vengeance please make another because to be honest from what youve said about dragon commander and original sin the games sound awesome except for the way you physically play them.
Just please make a 360 sequel to The Dragon Knight Saga.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian are making "The RPG to dwarf them all" after they have done with Dragon Commander and Original Sin - sales of these games will fund this next RPG. Here's a link that explains it http://www.lar.net/2012/01/16/the-route-to-the-very-big-rpg-that-will-dwarf-them-all/

It does not say that this next RPG is going to be Divinity 3 or not but I agree with you and think that it should follow on from where DKS left off. Although the story was concluded at the end of DKS it does leave it open for a potential sequel as Damian's army is decimated but not totally defeated & Damian himself is still alive.

I have a feeling that Dragon Commander was originally an experiment to see how the dragon combat could be improved in Divinity 3. This experiment / concept grew into a full game & Larian decided to withold the Divinity 3 project for a while and release DC along with Original Sin (Project E) first. Especially seem as they are self publishing.

So I'm fairly confident that Divinity 3 will come along eventually.

Last edited by Arokh; 30/05/12 12:20 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I personally hope that div 3 will come after these two games and will have Ultima inspired elements from D:OS along with isometric view (although 3d view can also work).

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the viewpoint will decide on the sales of Original Sin and reviewer's comments / player feedback. Personally I would want it in 3D like DKS with either 1st or 3rd person perspective rather than isometric. Dragon combat would not work with an isometric view.

If it were released on multiple platforms it would increase the player audience. Isometric view games are best suited to a PC where 3D suits anything in my opinion.

As you posted whilst I was editing my previous post - see my comments above about Dragon Commander originally being an experiment for Dragon combat in Divinity 3.

Last edited by Arokh; 30/05/12 12:33 PM.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
What is a punctuation >_>

IIRC, from the article Arokh linked below, the "promised game" (The Game, that game towards which Larian were working so hard all these years) supposed to be released somewhere in 2015 and I think it will be (Divine) Divinity 3. Must be. Should be.

Last edited by Kein; 30/05/12 03:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
Now I can't follow anymore oops

So if I understand corectly :
Divnity Original Sin IS NOT Divinity III ??

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

Correct. Original Sin is set before Divine Divinity. Divinity 3 will be the continuation of the story after the events of DKS.

veteran
veteran
Do you know if Larian Studios is already start working on Divnity III ? wink

Before DD ... wooow ... I am suprized, totally suprized !!

Turn-based combat ... also a suprize ... !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

I'd guess they wouldn't start on another game until they finalize the design of Original Sin (they are still working on the dialog system, etc). Maybe Dragon Commander is far enough into development that some designers could move onto something else while the programmers finish implementing and testing everything. Original Sin was first mentioned when DKS was nearing release, but I don't know how much overlap there was before then.

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the info Raze smile .

I have still fun with DKS for years .... waiting for Divinity III !
Now my videocard is crashed (I believe it is) I first must change this back to my precious videocard :hihi: ... less powerful card, but still working and better a nice view on my screen playing DD than only a black screen ...
But my Xbox is working fine, so DKS (or Pinball together with my girlfriend) all the way ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just read PC Gamer's preview of Original Sin. In that review there is a comment which would imply that this "RPG to dwarf them all" will PC / MAC only. Now dare I say this for fear of being accused of being too PC biased but in the preview there is a quote from Lar. This quote goes something along the lines of "Divinity 2 was not the game we originally intened it to be as we had to make so many compromises getting it to work on this stupid machine" whilst pointing to an Xbox 360.

So this would suggest that if Larian really do want to make the RPG to dwarf them all and it is 3rd person 3D then it would be PC / MAC only or on next generation consoles. 2015 is a long time off but current console technology sounds like it isn't good enough for what Larian really want to do in their games.

The only way around the problem would be a cutdown version for consoles. I wonder if Larian could have any input on this.

Joram - I think Larian have at least got to the planning stage for this "Divinity3" as I mentioned before Dragon Commander was an experiment so I think that is a clue that they are at least thinking of making a sequel to DKS in a similar style.

But again, only time will tell or clues may be given on lar.net etc.

veteran
veteran
Is that so ?
Now, if that's the way Divinity III (or Divinty Original Sin & Dragon Commander too?) goes, ONLY for PC/Mac, I hope a brand new laptop I'm planning to buy in the future can handle at least Divinity III !
(counting the year 2014 or even 2015 - Windows XP is full past and HDD also changed everywhere to SSD, etc etc ....)

But another thing:
maybe I can play high tech pc game on a simple laptop playing the game ONLINE and the SERVER where the game is stored (plus my save games?) has all the recommende requirments to render the game smoothly enough to be fun to play !
I believe this is something that will be more and more coming up in the future ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
You mean like Onlive? I tried it and the quality of the video / graphics is just awful. You need a good internet connection for the best video but even then it's nowhere near as good as generated on a real video card. Bur yes, you are right I think this 'cloud gaming' will be more popular in years to come. You could sign up with onlive and try some free demos to see what it's like for yourself.

As for gaming laptops, I have always been put off them due to the difficulty of upgrades plus if they break down, cost a fortune to repair. But if you buy one in a year or two with a high end graphics card I'm sure it should handle it.

If they do go PC / MAC only for Divinity 3 then a lot of people will be disapointed unless like I mentioned above they make two versions of the game. However this will increase costs and development time. My feeling is they will release it on PC / MAC and if costs and time allow release console versions later. Microsoft will probably rob them blind for the licencing.

veteran
veteran
I just read PC Gamer's preview of Original Sin. In that review there is a comment which would imply that this "RPG to dwarf them all" will PC / MAC only.

Imply? I thought he said that directly, haha.

So this would suggest that if Larian really do want to make the RPG to dwarf them all and it is 3rd person 3D then it would be PC / MAC only or on next generation consoles. 2015 is a long time off but current console technology sounds like it isn't good enough for what Larian really want to do in their games.

I don't think the technological base is the only aspect Swen was talking about. He didn't mention anything in particular, but I've got the impression it was about the userbase and the infrastructure of console videogame field as well. Not exactly direct affection but it forces you to shape the game to match some requirements.

The only way around the problem would be a cutdown version for consoles. I wonder if Larian could have any input on this.

Hardly rational from resource and financial standpoint to develop two different versions of the game for eahc platform (I don't mean technical aspect, of course).

enthusiast
enthusiast
I suppose a lot of it will depend on what the perspective is. If it's 3D like DKS with 3rd person view then it would appeal to console gamers as well as PC whereas if they go isometric it's naturally more of a PC game. I really hope it's the former though as I really liked DKS and want more of the same.

As for consoles, well as I put in my second post this would definitley increase development time plus costs. Microsoft would probably want a large share of the pie which might not be worth the effort. I don't know what the sales figures are for the PC versions of ED / DKS and the Xbox versions but I guess that would influence any future format decisions.

Also revenue from sales and how well recieved Div:OS and DC are will have a LOT to do with it. Judging from what I have seen / read I think Div:OS will be a massive hit.

Last edited by Arokh; 31/05/12 09:05 PM.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I hope they keep divinity 3 third person combat I for one am not a fan of turn based rts etc...

Support
Support

I can't imagine Larian not following up with another dragon knight focused game (whether in Divinity 3 or something else), which would best be done with a third person camera view. Dragon Commander has real time combat, and once you enter battle you can leave your troops to their own devices and focus on dragon combat, if you wish. Regardless how well it does, though, there is still lots of potential, IMNSHO, for another dragon knight RPG.

I don't mind turn based combat if it is done well, especially with party based games (you start with the 2 main characters in Original Sin, and can recruit another 2 henchmen).
In any case, there will be a lot less combat in Original Sin than the previous Divinity games, and the ability to talk your way out of some fights.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by LegionDraconis
turn based rts

"Turn based RTS" ? Tell me, how does it work ? wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Originally Posted by LegionDraconis
turn based rts

"Turn based RTS" ? Tell me, how does it work ? wink

hahaha
Indeed, a "turn based real time strategy" ... something I can't be a fan of because how can you make such a game?!?

Best not to think about it ! :hihi:

Turn based RPG results to a whole different gameplay. I'm not so sure what experience Larian is seeking to gain from this. Granted, without the turn based aspect, I would have second thoughts because my issue with Beyond Divinity was the sometimes awkward party management system (especially during combat). And I'm not sure if Larian has mastered party based systems (real time).

Putting the game on turn based mode makes a clunky party system a non issue since you have all the time in the world to sort things out. The strategic/tactical opportunities are so accessible each turn that you are able to make plans you wouldn't be able to make in a split second (real time). I surely hope they're not thinking that a successful party system on a turn based game assures a successful party system on a real time one. Think of the Dungeon Siege II party system where you rarely have to pause in combat, and other rpg games which demand a lot of pauses for micromanagement during heated battles.

However, there is an opportunity for Larian. IMO a lot of players were disillusioned with Diablo III. The market is ripe for a game to capture the classic essence these people are looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard