Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Arokh #455019 29/04/12 10:30 AM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
^
Well there is the prologue quest...

I'm guessing you jumped straight into the griffen quest first.

Demonic #455022 29/04/12 11:19 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes I did but I did the other one as well. Though it was the prolouge quest it just seemed confusing as hell. Maybe I need to give it another chance but I will be waiting for the reviews of the game to come in first. I thought the demo just was too short to show what the game can offer; not enough to make me decide atm.

Last edited by Arokh; 29/04/12 12:14 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #455023 29/04/12 01:13 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well I'll get to finally try the demo once it becomes available for Xbox Live silver users.

Arokh #455161 13/05/12 10:22 AM
old hand
old hand

Played demo multiple times.
I'm in love with it.
Great fun

Loads of videos
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2EA696273E4B3609

Awaiting full release.
Finally a good game I can sink my teeth it.
Skyrim fell short, severly overhyped & over-rated game.
KOAR just didn't have that wow factor after a few hours, and stopped drawing me in.

addict
addict
I'd rather replay a million other RPGs (including Skyrim, KoA: R, D2: DKS, etc.) than play DD.

I haven't been this underwhelmed in a long time. I could never say I "loved" what I played. I felt it mashed together a bunch of other games and didn't do any of it particularly well.

Last edited by Libertarian; 14/05/12 08:36 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Each to their own.
Alright I wouldn't say "loved" but am enjoying it alot.
And Skyrm, was overated & was underwhelming too tbh.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I indeed played the introduction at the RPC - and as usual I had my problems with the controller.

How are people able play with this ... thing ??? aargh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm guessing people learn the controls and some do it better than others. Me? I ain't buying this game. Capcom revealed that the game would have disc locked content.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-May-Stop-Using-Disc-Locked-Content-Dragon-Dogma-42525.html

No thanks. I'll wait for the complete edition.

Demonic #455213 17/05/12 07:17 PM
old hand
old hand
I didn't have any problems with controls.
Didn't take long to get accustomed to there basic controls.
First time I played the game, I wasn't sure.
Played it multiple times at my own pace & I really enjoyed it.

Arokh #455510 30/05/12 11:54 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
So who bought this game then? Having read several reviews which seem to give it an average to good score I thought you lot might have some ideas. I read a lot of comments on forums and blogs but they are just filled with fanboy guff i.e the xbox is better than the ps3 etc rather than comments about the actual game.

Some of the points where it failed is the world is surprisingly empty, mainly in towns / cities despite it's size. Also many comment on how difficult the game is and it's lack of a plot. There seems to be a beginning and end and that's it. One review said it has an ending that is one of the worst in history.

Last edited by Arokh; 30/05/12 12:02 PM.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #455584 31/05/12 03:11 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It seems to be getting good reviews on metacritic for critics and fans alike and OXM actually praised the ending and apparently there's multiple endings. Disc locked content though so it's a no go for me.

Demonic #455597 31/05/12 09:02 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ill be getting the PS3 version. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the 'net but the Xbox version seems to be the better version; the PS3 has frame rate issues?

Anyways, Ill probably be buying it eventually.

Arokh #456617 11/07/12 04:28 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well I played the demo and I don't know what the haters are talking about. Combat is amazingly fun, controllable and fluid but also realistic at the same time. I have full control over everything my character can do. I press LB and I can control my shield in whatever way I want as I'm given access to the skills associated with the shield (whether I want to charge up a bash attack, unleash multiple fast bash attacks or bang my shield to attract attention, meanwhile, simply holding LB allows me to block with it). Meanwhile, I press RB and all the skills for my weapon come up. Without any of these buttons pressed, I can jump, perform a normal attack, perform a heavy attack or grab someone.

I also noticed that if you don't instantly attack after performing your first normal attack, you can perform a new series of combos by waiting for the right time to strike after your first normal attack (this is when your character is getting ready to raise his/her weapon again after their first normal strike).

I'll admit, the controls took some getting used to at first but I'm a pro at combat now. It didn't even take that long for me to learn. I've played through both quests several times and each playthrough has been different simply due to the numerous options you have of dispatching enemies. I even did the prologue quest without any pawns just to see how difficult it would be. I ended up having an epic battle against the Chimera as a result.

The griffen fight is amazing. Each fight against it has turned out different. The best one was where I climbed up to some tall structure to start shooting at the griffen with my bow and then it comes swooping down to try and attack me and I simply jump and grab it and start attacking it in the sky.

This is a must buy for me but I'm still going to wait for that Ultimate Edition or at least a price drop. Besides, I have many games to finish and I'm not going to add a 100-200 open world RPG to that list any time soon!

The only real flaws I have seen with the game have been when I've watched a few videos on YouTube. The side quests don't really seem that interesting. Reviewers have also noted that the side quests are rather dull in terms of story. They also said that the main story itself isn't really that great (but supposedly there's a few good bits here and there and apparently the ending is really good).

But I mean the game presented itself as an action-RPG (and that's what Capcom called it) and for me, it's succeeded in that department. Way better than Amalur (which boasted to have the best combat in any RPG which is simply a lie) which I got bored with after 30 minutes. Thank God I only downloaded the demo of Amalur.

Demonic #456627 11/07/12 10:50 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
My review of this game:

Decent RPG

Story is meh

THE COMBAT IS AMAZING AND A STANDARD FOR EVERY RPG TO COME AFTER THIS GAME!

Fin.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
old hand
old hand
Only played 20 Hours.
Can already say its better than borefest Skyrim in my eyes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
New demo on PSN where you can play right from the beginning and import your save into the full game. Much better than the previous demo when you just got a couple of missions and that was that.

Game has gone up higher in my opinion now. Was playing it last night with a friend, both liked it but found the quest system and marker system awkward. AI can seem retarded at times and many voices are repeated. Much better than kingdoms of Amalur - not played skyrim yet.

Last edited by Arokh; 23/08/12 03:26 PM.

Arokh #457382 23/08/12 10:01 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I played the full game.

Great game.

Great action.

Terrible story.

Demonic #457428 25/08/12 01:30 AM
addict
addict
Skyrim's better, in my opinion. Dragon's Dogma is another poorly crafted Capcom game. I hope they start making good games again one of these days. What a generic and lousy fantasy setting Dragon's Dogma provided, which failed in comparison to Divinity II, Skyrim, Witcher II, Demon's/Dark Souls, etc.

Last edited by Libertarian; 25/08/12 01:30 AM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Who cares about the setting? It's an action-RPG which it succeeded at more so than Skyrim. I only ask for an harder difficulty, romance to be optional (and have a more understandable system), more than one save and better loot.

Demonic #457558 01/09/12 12:01 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope there will be a second Dragon's Dogma game. It was a shot in the dark and they succeeded greatly in some aspects. I'm willing to give them a chanve to up their game..

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard