Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I'm guessing that Larian spent the days leading up to E3 making sure the game worked and not so much on appeasing a handful of art complaints from people who will be buying the game anyway.

Guess you weren't around the forums for the development of Beyond Divinity or Divinity 2, but you'll notice that Larian has always been very responsive to its fanbase. This is one reason I and others are taking the time to comment.

veteran
veteran
I really like a nice looking game (unique artstyle yes yes!), but for a RPG I find strong rpg elements many times more important !

But I thing I prefer for sure (if it can):
a unique FANTASY artstyle and please NOT TOO realistic NPC ! Something like DD, nice details yes yes, but with div Original Sin's own unique artstyle and I'm IN for this RPG already laugh !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
We actually did some changes during E3, so well spotted Dwelfusius. More changes have been done in the week we were at E3 & should be visible when we release the next batch. It's an area where we know we can't please everybody & in the end we go with what we think looks good, but yes, we do pay attention to what you guys are saying.

veteran
veteran
It's an area where we know we can't please everybody & in the end we go with what we think looks good

I'm glad you are sticking to common sense in this case, guys, haha.

stranger
stranger
From watching all the video previews, I have to say I enjoy the look right now. I play these games to have fun, and my tastes tend toward the humor and fun in games. I have enjoyed how games are getting more colorful.

I have played a lot of Torchlight 2 beta, it has unique cartoon looks (lots of people hate that) and the beta for Path of Exile. Path of Exile is very grim and has an almost shiny looks on many things. It is an odd mixture for that game, and I like the game mechanics so far, but the look turns me off.

Somewhere in the middle is about right, and I would say D:OS is falling in that range.

addict
addict
I actually really like Path of Exile's graphics, and can't stand Torchlight's look (gameplay trumps that though). The colors are a bit muted in PoE, but the designs and textures look great. Very real and solid in comparison.

stranger
stranger
I thought the game looked great in the E3 demo. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on the whole "light vs dark" aspect (even me rolleyes: ). Personally, I think many games recently have too much "dark" in them. Even though it supports the setting and the mood, I find it extremely frustrating when I cannot even see things in the environment because it is too dark. Yes, I know I can adjust the gamma, and I did indeed just get new glasses (just in case you were wondering hahaha). I also agree that really it's the story and the gameplay that make the game enjoyable. While the art is an important aspect, to me it's just a secondary feature.

Ahh.. but then I'm old and have been playing game since Zork!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for ye be crunchy and good with ketchup.
A
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A
I must admit that I had had this problem a few days ago, too.

It was just too dark, so I could not see much ... Some games seem to be tailored towards gamrs who play within the depth of the night ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard