Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Support
Support

IGN's listing certainly implies there will be an Xbox version (if it needed correction you'd think Swen would have held off tweeting), even if it hasn't been officially confirmed. FWIW, in a status update Lar did mention running Dragon Commander (then being called Project D) on an Xbox development kit.

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
No confirmation nor a denial smile

Dragon Commander is pretty complex game with enormous potential, seriously wink

The versions that have been shown to date would work well on both consoles & PC. Demos were always with a controller.

However, what we'll show at E3 is much more advanced and is very much PC centric. The reason for that will become immediately clear when you see it. It's stuff nobody's seen before & imho it should immediately propel Dragon Commander to a must-have game for people with the same gaming tastes I have wink

What does this mean ?

a) That we've ensured for a long time that a console version is possible, in order to keep our options open.
b) That a console version will have different combat mechanics from what we'll be showing at E3, because those mechanics we'll be showing just aren't possible without a mouse. But since we've maintained controller support for so long, it also means that we know what needs to be done to get it to play well on a console.
c) That behind the scenes there's discussions going on to make a console version possible, but since we want to ship it early in 2013, it is unlikely that the game will ship on consoles at the same time as the PC/Mac versions.

Something tells me I've added more confusion than cleared up things, so summarized:

At this point, a console version is not confirmed. If possible, we'll make one. It depends on discussion with dudes who're willing to give us all the cash required to make the console versions a reality.

Lar_q #455562 31/05/12 09:49 AM
veteran
veteran
The official site of DC is well done ! Very nice looking site and happy to look at new screenshots and a little bit of the story smile

I REALLY Hope this game is going also for a Xbox release !
Otherwise no DC to play for me, sad, but reality ... !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Thank you for showing some restraint with the ears of the elves, unlike Blizzard, whose elves have ears larger than their heads.

You forget their eyebrows !!!!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Raze #455596 31/05/12 08:50 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Lar_q

At this point, a console version is not confirmed. If possible, we'll make one. It depends on discussion with dudes who're willing to give us all the cash required to make the console versions a reality.

Thanks for the summary!
I really hope those dudes will make the right choice and the right check. Otherwise we (consoles gamers) will have to send you our money to do it laugh

I'm looking forward to this nobody's seen before stuff.
With DOS and DDC ( if we should spell Divinity Dragon Commander like this...) this E3 will be very busy for Larian's strike force in LA.

Originally Posted by Raze

Welcome to the forum. wave

Thanks !
I might stay a while now I've registered laugh

Last edited by Illusive Man; 31/05/12 08:50 PM.
Lar_q #456009 15/06/12 07:27 PM
old hand
old hand
ok so it looks like I'm going to be trying to influance the pc gamers to buy DC so you can get enough attention & money to bring it to the xbox 360. grin

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard