Print Thread
#453620 25/02/12 01:23 AM
H
hetmen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
For all the retail version owners out there.

DD_1.005A.zip - 3.0 MB

General:
- Feature: Allow more resolutions
- Feature: Recreated config tool
- Fixed numerous crashes and freezes
- Fixed: encumbrance could make items disappear
- Feature: Tooltips of damage stats on stat screen improved

Skills:
- Fixed: Spellbooks no longer ignore level requirements
- Fixed: All weapon expertise skills give percentile bonuses instead of static bonuses
- Fixed: True Sight damage is now actually used
- Fixed: Bow and crossbow expertise bonuses are now actually used
- Fixed: Divine Eye removes the fog of war
- Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful
- Fixed: Resurrected enemies die after region swap

Installation:

1. Patch the game to the 1.0034A version (http://www.larian.com/Site/english/divinity/fix.html)
2. (Optional) Backup the original files
3. Copy all the files to the game installation folder (/Run). Overwrite if needed
4. Copy the /static/*.bik files from the Game CD/DVD to the game installation folder /Run/static
5. Delete/rename the file NlsEng.dll or the new config tool will not work
6. Enjoy

Last edited by hetmen; 25/02/12 01:24 AM.
stranger
stranger
This is great smile I'm sure all those angry customers will rejoice seeing this!

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Thank you very much for this.

I'm still pissed that those who bought it at retail got the shaft.

H
hetmen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I've just merged (WinMerge) the contents from my retail version (3 CD's), patched to the 1.0034A version, with the contents from the new/fixed digital version (1.005A) and included in this package the unmatching (hash) files from the digital version.

Last edited by hetmen; 02/03/12 11:06 PM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Beware! This patch kills all story/quest/map fixes made by official 1.33 (or 1.34) game patches! After applying this all quest errors appear again as in 1.29 (1.0029A) game version (prior to 1.31 hotfix).
I found only a few new files that have actually changed by this patch:
configtool.exe (game configuration tool)
div.exe (main game executable, Safedisc protection removed)
DivDialogSystem.dll
Osiris.dll
slash1.dll
I personally don't like the changes made by this patch. I prefer 1.0033A game version with Safedisc v2.90.040 copy protection.

Sorry for my bad english.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I can't use my old saves after doing this. I backed up the old version but I really want to continue my character with this patch. What should I do???

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Someone say something please?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any solution for this. Several people reported problems using disk made saves with the download version of the game (either unable to load, or they would load but then saving would be disabled). An unofficial patch to add download files to a disk install would also potentially have this issue.

Did you try manually setting the resolution in the config.div file? (widescreen and higher resolution support being the main update in the download version) The disk version game should be fine at other than supported resolutions, but opening the auto map can cause the game to crash (the frequency of which is system and resolution dependent).

addict
addict
Saves aren't compatible. You will get crash on attempt to save and possible other events (like using statuettes).

Don't use this patch. There was an error with the latest digital edition patch and the current 1.005 version not only lacks the newest updated changes advertised for the digital release, but it also lacks changes from any and all patches after 1.0029, including several quest-related fixes. If you have the disk version, patch it to the latest official patch (1.0034), and play it like that.

Users of 1.005 are basically playing the unpatched, buggy original release of the game with widescreen support.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Is it that bad? Well, I just wanted to play the game in widescreen. I tried editting the config file but the menus messed up hard. I think I'll just play the game as it is. Thank you for the answers!

addict
addict
It's been verified by a few independent people that the files are actually the outdated ones, and Lar already admitted the "masters" of the digital version were actually just the original game on a mislabeled disk. The new version also removes most of the music from the game, a brand new bug that never even existed before. It doesn't really look like it's going to fixed anytime soon since Larian has a lot on their plate right now with two new games.

I don't really know how vociferous to be about it, since at a certain point it sounds like I'm just trash-talking or whining. But I feel bad for the GOG community who is buying the game just to basically get a damaged version.

The "poor old retail owners" who didn't get the patch are actually much better off. ouch

T
stranger
stranger
T
Ok, guys, sorry for bumping this in 2016, but I loved this game back at uni, now I bought it on GOG and decided to play. I have this annoying static noise bug and other stuff, I wanted to download the patch here but the link is dead and looks like this is the only page that links this patch. Please update the link guys.

Support
Support

The GOG version is already up to date. This patch is for the retail version, and would add higher resolution support and compatibility fixes for newer versions of Windows, but loose some changes and fixes (primarily for relatively rare issues) due to issues with the backups of the original code when the download version was created.

The easiest fix for the static issue is to run the game in Win 9x compatibility mode. Right click the div.exe file in the install folder, or a shortcut, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and set the mode to Win 95/98/ME. Other methods to run the game on a single core should also help; see static noise?.

The Windows 8 Performance "Patch" (works in Win 7 and 10, as well) can help with graphical issues and startup problems, in addition to performance.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard