Print Thread
#456295 29/06/12 06:00 PM
D
duder Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Grim Dawn is adding a camera rotation option for people "like me" who fancy the ability to rotate the camera. The game will not require this option so for those who do not want it would not have to enable it. Any chance of working this into original sin?

duder #456640 12/07/12 09:24 PM
old hand
old hand
At the moment, some art assets are built around "the camera is fixed". Some are full 3D so it doesn't matter how you look at them or where the camera is, or where and how they are placed in the world, but when we said "the camera is fixed", the artists and level designers started working that way.

That means that if we would allow camera rotation, you'd see "ugly stuff" once in a while. Tricks you can pull with objects and level design (which makes the 3D objects lighter, which means we can put more objects in a larger world)... So we may not officially put it in, unless we change our minds and get design and art on our backs, or get people on forums go like "haha did you see that house, it has no left wall, stupid game, but with the game being moddable and all, I'm sure someone might mod it in.

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
is there any chance i can join larian forktong

has nothing to do with this i know

Support
Support

Check out Larian's jobs page.

D
duder Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks for the reply ForkTong.

duder #456731 19/07/12 03:41 AM
old hand
old hand
On another note, Grim Dawn also has an awesome artstyle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I wish Original Sin had a more realistic artstyle too. I totally preferred Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity's artstyle over what Divinity 2 introduced.

Demonic #456760 21/07/12 12:54 AM
D
duder Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Agreed Demonic. I am not a fan of this cartoon trend. It's ridiculous and I may not be able to play this game very long because of it. That said, without playing it I will never know. Really hope I'm wrong but I feel this game would have been much more engrossing in a dark setting.

duder #456762 21/07/12 02:28 AM
Support
Support

FWIW, early screenshots of Beyond Divinity contained some giant swords that looked a little silly, IMO, but the weapons in the game itself were fine.

If the opponents all end up too cartoony, though, maybe that is something that can be modded.

Link Copied to Clipboard