Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Stabbey #457297 21/08/12 04:43 PM
old hand
old hand
That's what I noticed but it seems that when there's a choice to be made, you get a choice in actual dialogue.

Demonic #457302 21/08/12 07:40 PM
veteran
veteran
Okay, I've got a chance to watch the video now and I must say I agree about the art-style. While it didn't really/actually changed much, they seems to be tweaked overall color palette and it looks rather appealing. But I was more pleased by how accurate the textured and design is. Lovely.

What disappointed me a lot is these redundant dialogs like this:
[Linked Image]

I know, these won't appear often, only in some cases with simple/primitive quests, bu still... it really ruins immersion for me. Oh well.

Last edited by Kein; 21/08/12 07:41 PM.
Kein #457305 21/08/12 08:47 PM
old hand
old hand
I have the same view as you Kein.

Demonic #457314 22/08/12 08:19 AM
veteran
veteran
And for me the same ... the dialogs aren't supposed to be like this, I hope ?

How to read it properly without starting to have a hangover or headache ?
Brrr, nasty !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #457318 22/08/12 10:06 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Every interface you see throughout the entire game/presentations is work in progress, no worries smile

Last edited by Larian_QA; 22/08/12 10:07 AM.
Larian_QA #457319 22/08/12 10:34 AM
veteran
veteran
Toppie ! up

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #457321 22/08/12 10:55 AM
old hand
old hand
I approve of this preview.

Still like the graphics, and the moment you go to the Lighthouse shows how much light changes perspective on how cartoony the graphics are. I think graphics didnt really change, just toned down the bloom etc. and a bit more zoomed out in contrast to some screenshots.

Love the fact you use the entire screen for dialog, to me it's a major plus in contrast to the older RPG's where only the bottom is used for that. Kinda waste of screen estate when you are only speaking.

old hand
old hand
Really liking how you can choose the different main topics in that same dialog screenshot, like "Phantom", "Murderer", "Undead" , "Sinking" and "Leave". Ultima stylish smile

apprentice
apprentice
I've just watched the new video about the impression after Gamescom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssjpa-jcSnw

And I saw an poster "Divinity Anthology - October 2012"!
But nothing about this now, on my habitual e-shops... except on Amazon...

Can someone tell me more about this anthology edition please? It seems to be an collector with very good items (art/story book, soundtracks). I would like to preorder as quickly as possible to be sure I can get one! :p

Thank you!

Last edited by Drym'; 22/08/12 06:58 PM.
Kein #457343 22/08/12 07:19 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein
Okay, I've got a chance to watch the video now and I must say I agree about the art-style. While it didn't really/actually changed much, they seems to be tweaked overall color palette and it looks rather appealing. But I was more pleased by how accurate the textured and design is. Lovely.

What disappointed me a lot is these redundant dialogs like this:
[Linked Image]

I know, these won't appear often, only in some cases with simple/primitive quests, bu still... it really ruins immersion for me. Oh well.

I have to agree, I don't like the one-word responses from the main characters. It's really missing the Divinity flavour where you can choose your own (usually snarky) responses.

A neat idea I'd like to see is several dialogue options, and if you mouse over them, you see a portrait of your main character having a different expression, so you can get a sense of what his or her attitude will be if you choose that line. Done well, it could even be used with two or more identical lines, but the expression gives a completely different context for each of them, and can provoke a different response.

Drym' #457350 22/08/12 10:25 PM
Support
Support

Lar has mentioned the book they are putting together a couple times (see his latest blog post, for example), but nobody has announced anything about the anthology in the forum.

Stabbey #457356 23/08/12 05:37 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
A neat idea I'd like to see is several dialogue options, and if you mouse over them, you see a portrait of your main character having a different expression, so you can get a sense of what his or her attitude will be if you choose that line. Done well, it could even be used with two or more identical lines, but the expression gives a completely different context for each of them, and can provoke a different response.

Very nice idea Stabbey !!! That will be awesome, really ! smile

Joram #457362 23/08/12 09:45 AM
old hand
old hand
I know Lar mentioned a few things he found while searching trough old boxes, and there may be (guess its confirmed) plans for something special. But nothing official yet. But I see you paid attention to the video :D, good eyes.

Yes, 10! YEARS, ye olde farts.

veteran
veteran
plans for something special.

Possible bonus release of LMK?

Kein #457364 23/08/12 11:13 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
LMK ? They would have to take out every TDE thing from that, because they have no license for it.

And perhaps LMK is still copyrighted by the successor of Attic (yes, that exists !). http://www.attic.de/

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 23/08/12 11:20 AM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Raze #457366 23/08/12 12:02 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

Lar has mentioned the book they are putting together a couple times (see his latest blog post, for example), but nobody has announced anything about the anthology in the forum.

Yeah, thanks, I remember this mentioned book wink but I do not know if this is the book included in this Anthology edition... for this reason that I ask some information about it :p I'm very curious!

Drym' #457372 23/08/12 02:36 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, I just hope that final game will have more classic dialoges, not those TES-like ones.

Everything else is just awesome. Kinda felt some retro flavour.

Last edited by Brainer; 23/08/12 02:36 PM.
Brainer #457380 23/08/12 09:00 PM
veteran
veteran
That part where you use the teleporter stone and end up in a room with a woman taking a bath - does the gender of the person taking the teleporter change the gender of who you find in the tub? And if not, does the dialogue change if it was the female player who barged in instead of the male one?

dgfdgfdgd #457415 24/08/12 10:26 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Say NO to jerseys !

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard