Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe we could play the child/grandchild of the paladin from "Beyond Divinity"?

Think about it, your ancestor was (unwillimgly) reponsible for bringing the Avatar of Evil back into the world and brought shame over you and your family. But now the time to clean your name has come and you will play your role to destroy Damian himself, by voluntering for a dangerous mission to get to Damian, who is now transforming in the Lord of Chaos himself (Ygerna was hinting something like this in Flames of Vengeance). You will wander in the lands of chaos to weaken the defenses of the hordes of chaos, so the Divine One and Zandalor can finally attack him with all their power. Maybe you can start a revolution,to free enslaved mineworkers and to destabilise the realm of Evil ( I forgot the name. It was the land of the orcs in Divinity 1).

Or you are looking for the sorcerer Maxos from Divinity 2, who has now found ultimative knowledge and is the one, who knows how to stop Damian/the Lord of Chaos once and for all.

Personally, I would prefer my first version^^.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
And as I've said before in dozens of posts, if Divinity 3 is going to be the end of Damian, then at it's heart, the story is of a father having to kill his foster son. Emotionally, it is the right thing to do to have the Divine be the one to kill Damian.

Story-wise, it is also the right thing to do - remember that the reason the Dragon Knight had to go through all the hullabaloo to enter the Hall of Echoes is because Damian is a demigod, and flat-out out-classed the Dragon Knight and everyone. That was the key part of the DKS story - Damian was too powerful to be defeated straight-up. The Divine is also a demigod, and is thus of equal power.

They can't have a non-Divine character do all the work in a boss fight and then bring in the Divine for a finisher cutscene. That won't be satisfying for the player - unless they were controlling the Divine. It won't do to build up a fresh character new to the series and play them for 50 hours only to switch to the Divine for the end. Therefore, I think you should play as the Divine for at least part of the game. Maybe that means playing as the Divine for the entire game, maybe it means switching between two or more different playable characters (which might include a Dragon Knight).

I don't mind if they bring a Dragon Knight into Divinity 3 - either a new character or the DKS Dragon Knight, but The Divine has to finish Damian. That's the heart of the conflict, not anything to do with the Dragon Knight.

I will tell you once again: Finish Divine Divinity before you decide that it's wrong to have the Divine as a character in Divinity 3.

###

In a post I read recently, Macbeth said that they wanted a confrontation with Rhode in DKS, but ran out of time to do it. It was not an attempt to spite the player.

of course you are right

I'm pretty sure that the new protagonist will be some kind of dragon knight, because I'm really doubt that the Larian throw away all their work on dragon mechanics and begun from scratch. Besides, consideringthe tendency, this may be some sort of half demon/half dragon.
At best, we get a new the marked one and the divine one will be our mentor.

Last edited by Soccer; 30/08/13 05:05 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I expecting the dragon part still exist whatever who will be the main character and really hope for some npc friend fight with us since our divinity 2 character just like superman, only yourself who attack damian's fotress since we know great Lord Lovis have his army to face demon army (he was not alone to fight it) yeah maybe 2-3 npc friend go with us starting fight main enemy army (but yeah on divinity 2 will tell you the player surpass Lord Lovis and another great dragon knight + you will be like Maxos)

what I learn on divinity 2 is dragon knight is really powerful and the slayer is weak and coward
usually slayer have band back up to slain a dragon knight, poor Talana since I think even I doubt she can beat Rhode one on one (yeah Talana get ambushed by Rhode and her minion)

well for me divinity 2 story is really amazing

Last edited by Dsky Wong; 26/07/14 03:38 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard