Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Flames of Vengeance is indeed a very great part !!! So great and addictive I almost darf not to start playing that part afraid I will forget I live in Belgium and not in Aleroth city :hihi:

With the Dragon Terror Patrol, try this :
after the video, on the moment they start to attack ... jump/run fast behind on of the towers (I always choose the tower most close by the teleporter platform) and if you have still the Amulet of the North with you you can use Hide in Shadows* or find another yewellery item with this skill on or invest at least 1 point wink ...

After this (you're now behind the tower and with Hide in Shadows used the chance the enemies followed you is almost nihil !) you can first make a seperate save game !
Then I always summon my Creature and the Summon Ghost**
A Creature with a Ghoulish Head (Rush Attack & Fatality) I find really helpful !

I use Priest skills like Charm, Blind & Fear ... really powerfull skills if you know how to make best use of them wink

* but know that if you going to use this skill NO arrow or spell is going to strike you while you "use" this skill ( so just before the Hide in Shadow spell is started to work you're still visible !)

** a fantastic helpful Ghost who can heal you and shoot fireballs, but know that it is important to upgrate Summon Ghost to the highest level you can because then the Ghost is a higher level, stronger and also can heal you a lot more (HP point) in one time !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Believe me, the design team (no more than four brave musketeers!) was heartbroken when we had to let go of this area. We had several quests already in place and we were really trying to create another Broken Valley, only more coherent and story-driven. We were rather well on our way, but it became clear at some point we would never be able to finish it properly and fill a city like Aleroth as well. Quite a shame really, it did look fantastic ... The swamp with warring goblin tribes; the wizard tower; the witch’s fort; the Black Ring battlements ...

Alas!

That's such a shame! It sounds like it would've been wonderful, even more so now that I've seen the concept described as "another Broken Valley"...

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would be merrily raging away in Flames of Vengeance right now, but unfortunately I get the 'black screen of death' immediately after the cutscene; so I can't carry my character over and I really have no intention of starting Flames of Vengeance with a new character.

2 possible fixes:
- set your desktop resolution to the same resolution as your ingame resolution
- install ac3 codec (ac3filter.net)

if these 2 don't work, simply send your savegame to support@larian.com and i'll transfer your character to FoV !

Last edited by Larian_QA; 19/10/12 01:09 PM.
stranger
stranger
Just finished Ego Draconis in a bit under 40 hours, level 37, doing "everything". I'll admit that I may have missed some small things, I don't know, but certainly not 60 hours of content hahaha
I had a great time though and really enjoyed it. Look forward to playing Flames of Vengeance once I get it working.

Levels seem to come in big jumps. I went from about 20 to 30 doing my first flying fortress and breezed through the rest of the fjords after that. Killed the Dragon Terror Patrol with a single fireball :p

I think it's great the some of you can get 100+ hours from a playthrough, but I must say that I have no idea how you do it o.O

Anyway, onward! To Flames of Vengeance! ..I hope.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Vometia
One thing I only discovered [...]

Another thing I just discovered is that the location of Kali's fortress uses the same landscape as Orobas Fjords where the Red Hammer Tribe lurks. Okay, lurked. Never noticed that before. Er anyway, sorry if that was a bit random, and not really news.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard