Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
enthusiast
Re: Making of divinity 2 video - shame the air to ground combat and jungle level were cut. I know Larian had their reasons for doing that but it looked awesome in the video. Saw the dragon flying through what looked like Broken Valley as well plus much, much more.

Great video though. I can see now how the game was originally planned but for various reasons was changed to the final product. Lots of cool ideas there which I hope will make it into the sequel. Especially when technology has come on further and Larian can make the game they really wanted to make in the first place. The secret project only known as 'the RPG to dwarf them all'? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink smile

Last edited by Arokh; 18/10/12 05:54 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #458512 18/10/12 11:47 PM
veteran
veteran

Kein #458515 19/10/12 12:51 AM
Support
Support

Yes, it ended just over 24 hours ago. Unfortunately they took the page down immediately rather than leaving the description and final stats up.

Raze #458530 19/10/12 10:00 AM
old hand
old hand
I just got my package. It DOES smell good, just like advertised.

Merendrious #458531 19/10/12 10:05 AM
Lotrotk Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Finally!

Merendrious #458535 19/10/12 11:11 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Merendrious

I suppose with me being in England I'll have to be a bit more patient. I'm not very good at patience!

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #458537 19/10/12 11:55 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Vometia
I suppose with me being in England I'll have to be a bit more patient. I'm not very good at patience!

I asked around and your package is in the mail by now!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Macbeth #458538 19/10/12 12:09 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Macbeth
I asked around and your package is in the mail by now!

That's great news, thanks! smile

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #458542 19/10/12 01:53 PM
old hand
old hand
A few teaser pictures, bad quality though, dont have a good cam.

frontal view
sideview
summon demon spell

Merendrious #458551 20/10/12 02:23 PM
veteran
veteran
Finished watching the "Making of" video - damn, so much content was removed. I can live without half-dragon form, but air-ground battle system was damn cool, not even mentioning gorgeous locations like outskirts of Aleroth of Swamps. I really hope the content is still stored somewhere at Larian's rep so it could be used in some anniversary edition or DLC (yeah, I'm ready to pay for DLC).

Last edited by Kein; 20/10/12 02:24 PM.
vometia #458552 20/10/12 04:39 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein
Finished watching the "Making of" video - damn, so much content was removed. I can live without half-dragon form, but air-ground battle system was damn cool, not even mentioning gorgeous locations like outskirts of Aleroth of Swamps. I really hope the content is still stored somewhere at Larian's rep so it could be used in some anniversary edition or DLC (yeah, I'm ready to pay for DLC).

I proved a little bit of fury when I saw that video even with the quite of Sven or the irony of Farhang..It's impossible that such good project died for the publisher whim, I can understand the unbalance problems with some feature, but not a total rape of the original project;
After all Divinity 2 was and is great, especially with the first final, and only now i understand some change/review from Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity, only now :\
Btw I'll pay for an extra DLC too, but there'll be Dragon Commander that give me some feature of the "Divinity 2 prototipe", so I don't think that it's all lost.

Originally Posted by Vometia

Be happy for that, I'm in italy and here not only the time separate me from the Anthology, but even the possibility of being robbed from the currier (last week I lost a Corel Painter X copy..)..but the hope it's last to die well

Kein #458554 20/10/12 05:28 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein

Agreed. As I mentioned previously I hope these ideas have not gone to waste and will be used in the sequel. I'd be happy to pay for DLC as well.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #458560 21/10/12 11:07 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Sad, I'm too short on money right now (board games/roleplaying/comic fair took a heavy toll), but I wanted to give me the Anthology as a birthday present for myself next month anyway ... I can't really wait until I'll have it ... wink
And meanwhile I'm looking for a new graphics card anyway ... (I'm using onboard graphics on my "gaming PC" right now.)

Originally Posted by Raze

Some of the screenshot links are broken, but: EASTEREGGS and RUNE manuscripts.

Ah, those memories ... smile

DEATHATTHEDOOR has renamed himself at least once (don't remember his current name), the others are lost or scattered round ...

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 21/10/12 08:04 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
HandEFood is dead (died a few years ago)

HandEFood's last post is from 20/12/2011, not quite one year ago, so I suppose you've confused the names and you mean MeaCulpa, right?

Lurker #458568 21/10/12 08:03 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Erm, yes, I'm sorry.

Edited my post.

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 21/10/12 08:04 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
The Developer's Journal is a gem by the way. Reads like a shakespearian drama, with lots of ups and downs.

Merendrious #458585 22/10/12 01:12 PM
stranger
stranger
The Developer's Journal is a gem by the way. Reads like a shakespearian drama, with lots of ups and downs.

True, I was reading just a few minutes ago (it arrived today :P), as for me the developer's journal is the real content of the edition and it worth the all cost of the Anthology.

Darkgondul #458629 24/10/12 08:52 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Mine just turned up today, having been only slightly gnawed by the postman. It's wonderful having all those autographs! It also has a rather annoyed-looking rabbit, in spite of me taking care not to be horrid to them... eek!

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #458682 26/10/12 11:18 PM
stranger
stranger
Hi guys!

I bought the boxed version of Divinity Anthology, and it's great (and the smells good too), but there's a small problem. Some of the tracks on the soundtrack cds, are faster than the original ones.
For example: Festival of Immortals.

I activated the Steam version of the Anthology with the voucher, and the songs (oggs) of the extras section are faster too.
Is it a feature or a glitch? hehe

tehasut #458690 27/10/12 03:14 AM
Support
Support

I would assume it is deliberate, if the CD and download are the same. I checked 'Festival of Immortals' from the Larian Vault CD download (2:56 ogg file) and the GOG soundtrack (3:17 mp3). The faster songs are probably just remixes of the originals; WMP says the full Musica Divina CD is 56:52, so they didn't have to speed anything up to fit it all on the CD, anyway.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard