Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello Swen I am very glad to see you.No you did`nt understand me right.I have few screenshots from Beyond Divinity at 1280*1024 but as a result there are screenshots at 2560 x 1024 I don`t know why:(I wanted to shoot some issues of the game ,for example- unreadable books in my Russian version from Divinity Anthology 1.501(you have already promissed about the gathering patch)

BUT I have other issues one of them it`s difference of creatures levels between Russian and English versions I wrote about this more than year ago .Topic -Strange difference (Samuel is 6th level)
This topic about dismatching of level of creatures between Russian and English Version
For example English ver. Archdemon Samuel- level 41
Russian ver. Archdemon Samuel- level 6
English ver. Tibar - level 8 or 9
Russian ver. Tibar- level 1
English ver. Samuel seeker 9 level
Russian ver. Samuel seeker 1 level
Etc...

I also wrote about this year ago too...
Below you can see the response to my letter for Support Team

Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing and playing our game Beyond Divinity.

I’m afraid we cannot help you in this matter as we cannot reproduce the issue.

Our support capabilities for this particular game are also very limited at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

And I gonna to show some screenshots about other issues and disadvantages of the game
I can only hope that you`ll fix that.
Thank you in advance

Last edited by James 540; 23/11/12 12:58 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
stranger
stranger
Fixed bug with books!! Thank you very much! smile
But there is a bug with the intro, it is in English, but should be in Russian frown

Last edited by Spasitel007; 23/11/12 01:18 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

I can confirm this information
In fact there is English IntoMovie instead Russian one
And Thank you very much Larian for the fix now I can read the books

Last edited by James 540; 23/11/12 01:22 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can find the original RU intro here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19240087/intro-RU.zip

Just replace it in /static

@James:
We'll still have a look at the levelling of characters bug, but this might not be such an easy fix and could take some time.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you very much I will be waiting for it))

stranger
stranger
Larian_QA you have not talked about this a bug?
The game does not support the Russian language when writing the name of a character and when he signed the check boxes on the map
Larian_QA вам еще не говорили про этот баг?
В игре нет поддержки русского языка при написании имени персонажу и когда подписываешь флажки на карте.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Spasitel007; 23/11/12 04:51 PM.
Support
Support

I'm not sure about the map flags (will check), but the name issue should be fixed.

- fix for books not being displayed correctly
- fix for not being able to enter hero name
- various minor code fixes

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
- fix for not being able to enter hero name

I do not know how the others, but I for some reason it is not corrected in the Russian version of the game. These screenshots were taken after today's game update
Не знаю как у других, но у меня она почему-то не исправлена в русской версии игры. Эти скриншоты были сделаны после сегодняшнего обновления игры

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I have the same problem but I thought it was incorrect Windows working with Unicode and I am going to test one of the solutions

Unfortunately those solutions didn`t help me,it seems Beyond Divnity not support Russian language correctly at this case I agree with Spasitel007

I think it is high time to rename this topic as Problems and disadvantages of Beyond Divinity or maybe create new topic with such name as alternative .And I wanna to add few screenshots which could show various issues of this game maybe I will at the next week

Last edited by James 540; 24/11/12 04:16 AM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is now a hotfix available for RU and PL only:
http://bit.ly/Va29DN

Simply extract these files in the root of your installation folder (overwrite the previous files).
This fixes the input for Russian characters.

The incorrect level of characters is however not that easy to fix and will most likely not get patched any time soon. We've had programmers look at this particular issue and it goes quite deep into data and code, which is the reason why we cannot provide you with a quick or easy fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Although this is a serious issue, we hope it does not destroy the game experience for you.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello Swen,thank you for news and your hard work.I no WE will be waiting for the next fix
P.S In any case I have(discovered) many others disadvantages soon I`ll write down about them later
Basically it relates for the game engine itself for example this quite famous issue as- Sticking of NPC in the objects ets...
Full list of issues I`ll post at the next weak I hope

Last edited by James 540; 30/11/12 01:01 PM.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
There is now a hotfix available for RU and PL only:
http://bit.ly/Va29DN

Simply extract these files in the root of your installation folder (overwrite the previous files).
This fixes the input for Russian characters.

The incorrect level of characters is however not that easy to fix and will most likely not get patched any time soon. We've had programmers look at this particular issue and it goes quite deep into data and code, which is the reason why we cannot provide you with a quick or easy fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Although this is a serious issue, we hope it does not destroy the game experience for you.

Larian_QA thank you, it really helped. Nice to see that Larian Studios are working people who are always ready to help with any problem. Thanks for the help smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello! Is there any progress about character`s level bug? hahaha

Last edited by James 540; 19/12/12 06:26 AM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello there! Some time ago I wrote about characters level bug
I know it`s like a big splinter but will you please tell me about any progress at this matter
Thanks in advance!

Support
Support

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will be fixed. The initial save game would have to be redone to fix the character levels, which would be rather involved. Even if this didn't cause any further issues that would need to be addressed, the changes required would mean the entire game would have to go through QA again.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks for response Raze!.In any case I will be trying to solve this issue it`s a great pity that I have no tools nor source code(or something like that),but my stubbornness don`t make me to give up and I also like Divinity Series VERY much...
Is there any way to join for Larian Studios (but unfortunately I have no capabilities at programming scripting etc.) or at least become one of beta-testers distantly?It will be great to send bugreports or something else if it possible of course)

Support
Support

Lar mentioned a possible closed public beta test for D:OS (Possible Alpha/Beta Testing?), so presumably there could be something for DC, as well. With previous games Larian has just had public playtesting sessions in their studio, for those who could make it there.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you I `ll take it into consideration

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi there! I specifically checked in here to express my gratitude for your support of Russian-speaking fans. Without it, I could not complete the game. Thank you.

P.S. All your base are belong to us sorry for my engrish.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard