Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Joram
Hmmm ... you say almost ... so I have Hope it IS posible, but indeed very sure an adventure of great danger!! :hihi:

I guess you can play DKS on hard in hardcore mode, but nightmare? I'd fiddle around with it a bit first before deciding to play it hardcore! smile

Just a for instance: Amdusias? You will die! evil

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Only Amdusias?
I remember I have more problems with killing some Black Rings (after the conversation with Patriarch the Dragon) and the Finale Battle!

Thanks for the advice Macbeth !

If I have back more time I start my DKS adventure first on "Hard" or I wait untill the nightmare mode is reality (When???) to try it ...

I read on your website the American Xbox version will come in the stores on April 12 of 2011. will the nightmare difficulty mode for the European Xbox version also come the same time (April 12e) or earlier ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

At least a week ago they were planning on finishing up the Xbox DKS patch last Friday and submitting it to MS, which will then take another couple of weeks to be certified and released.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Joram
Only Amdusias?

Oh, no. No, no, no. devil

But the good thing is that you can try to start nightmare mode and switch to hard if hardcore mode really becomes impossible to play. No shame in that! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
old hand
old hand
As a mage or archer it should be possible to finish Divinity II on nightmare withotu dying... but as a warrior? Impossible!

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I go for a Ranger Mage, anyway wink
I never play in a RPG a pure warrior. I love magic spells and the use of a Bow smile

I gonna start probably next month (if nightmare is reality?) or start on "hard".
But in the meantime I started back a new hero in DD (can you imagine DD can't boring me after all years of playing it?), this time a Mage (Heroïn), Lana is her name. I shall write down in a new topic about her soon. She's already level 9/almost 10. The first 4 levels go very quickly since I know the trick to kill Zombie Jack twice (with Meteorestrike) ! biggrin

I know I haven't the time to wait untill LAna successful end DD ... so I gonna play DD again, but in the meantime I also gonna start with my DKS because I'm sure I gonna love that game more if playing it hardcore style smile ! And I'm very curious "how" FoV will end and "what" is all changed in Ego Draconis since I play last the original version ! I test my own patient now for months ! :hihi:

Probably my first hero's should have not a long trip to their gravetomb,
but that's the game of "one kill no save" (and NO reloads for better random stuff etc!) :
May they all ...
R.I.P.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
stranger
stranger
A
Can someone tell me how I can fix a bug? After the council ritual I appear in the black zone north from the council hall. Unable to move or do anything.. Not wastelands, for sure.
Please, tell me what I can do.. I would like to finish the game somehow and all..

smile now,
cry later.
Support
Support

Put the Play CD/DVD in an optical drive, reload your save from before starting the blessing ceremony and hit the gong again. Neither the no-CD hack or the configuration file edit to skip the intro videos will eliminate the need for the disk for the cutscene videos played after the ceremony and after the last fight of the game.

There is a 'New Topic' button at the top left of the index page for each forum, above the list of sticky and regular topics, below the main text menu for the forum (which is just below the Divinity Original Sin banner).

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Back started a few weeks ago with a new hero, a female Mage (difficulty: normal).

One important rule is to NOT buy any GEAR at all ! So wearing only gear my hero find or it's a quest reward or something.
It's nice because it gives me another kind of "feeling" ! The feeling each time I find an equipment it's everytime an exciting moment : "Would it be a better item or not?"
Now it's more difficult to make an overpowered hero. All the times I've played before I search for equipment by trader's (a lot) and buy many items with big boosts and as much as free charms slots to fill up, etc etc ...
This time I've to live with what I can find !

I may buy everthing else if I've the money, but not gear. So Charms, Spell books, potions, ...
I do not invest any skillpoint in Identify, Repair, Trader's Tongue & Alchemy just 1 point to mix potions. Another point I can get later from an Alchemist in the Dark Forest.

Today my female Mage is level 12 .
Invested points in the following Skills: (6 p. left)
Meteorestrike 2/5 (1 p from start a mage)
Bless 2/5 (+1 from Leggings & 1 p. from start a mage)
Restoration 1/5 (after cure both sick soldiers in Aleroth)
Lock Pick 2/5
Enchant Weapon 2/5
Alchemy 1/5
Survivor's Instinct 1/5

Equipment I'm wearing now :
* Spear(with poison dam(1)) & Shield(Monk's Metal Buckler MP+19, 1 charmslot)
And a second Spear with Life Leech(3) in case I need to recover more HP wink
* Helmet: Imp's Scull Cap with 1 filled charmslot(Intelligence +4) & MP+7
* Armor: Chain Armor (after George's is killed) with 2 charmslots, 1 filled now with MP+80, give total MP+120 smile
* Belt : Polished Cotton Sash of Skeletons (Summon Skeleton +1) with Resist to Lightning +4
* Leggings: Owl's Light Leggings of Blessing (Bless +1)
* Shoes of the Scorpion, 1 charmslot, Constitution +2 & Resist to Spirit +10
* Gloves : Worn Leather Gloves, nothing special, but gives a little bit more armor value.
* Amulet of Glory, 3 charmslots, Constitution +2, Vitality +20, Resit to Fire +5¨
* Ring 1 : Bull's Thin Gold Ring with Constitution +1
* Ring 2: Bright Crystal Ring with Resist to Lightning +3

That's it.
O yes, before I forget her stats (naked):
Strength 20
Agility 13
Intelligence 44
Constitution 23

Till next time wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hey, long time I wrote here a word, but it will not mean I'm not in Rivellon anymore (in my mind) !

I never thought this would be ever happen again :
yesterday my mind controls the mouse of my pc, clicking the Icon on my desktop for starting an adventure in Divine Divinity ! It was half past nine ... loading a save game ... it was half past one hour .. after midnight when I press ESCAPE ... grin

...but it happen, AGAIN !

O, something more I wish to share : I really played DD many many hours ... mostly only on a few styles of gameplay (builds, skills, etc) ...
Yesterday I try focus on something I never did before: Summon Skeleton from the beginning on (level 3 1/5), level 7(2/5 = 2 Skeletons of level 8 is already great!)

Great strategy is to summon a skeleton and shoot arrows with the best bow you can get ... but I like to discover more with the summoning skills in DD ...

Hmmm .. this sounds somewhat familiar to me ... think ...

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi all,

my first character using Summons is at level 23 or 24, but I start again a new hero, this time also a kind of Priest build, but with other (strict) rules:
1) I may buy goods from shops, but not pieces of strong gear with boosts (I may buy a better piece of equipment when I'm tired of let it repair because it's durability is only 1/1 or also very low)
2) I never reload for better loot: just take it like it comes, I really like this rule !
3) I don't invest in skills like Repair, Identify, Poison Weapon .
4) I don't steal goods with that trick = with a chest in my inventory, or do other kind of cheating
5) Pickpocket isn't forbidden, but it's always a risk & I take the consequences of that.
6) As a mage it's not the purpose to invest many points in Strength for the wish to wear bigger/stronger gear or use a big Sword or Axe ... Magic is all I need in first place !

I start a female mage, Primellina is the name.
At the moment she's level 11, just cured Mardaneus mad mind.

The catacombs beneath Aleroth (and some other areas) give Primellina this outfit now :
1HW : Bat of Striking : Fire dam(2), Const +4 & Charmqty 5 !
SHD: Monk's Wooden Shield : MP +18, HP +20, 60 armor
HMT: Well Crafted Skull Cap : 70 armor
ARM/CRS: Chain Armor (after George is murdered!): defense +3, Resis L +5, 90 armor, Charmqty 2
BLT: Rogue's Plated Sash : Agi +2, 90 armor
LGG: Leather Leggings : 80 armor
SHS : Shoes of the Scorpion : Agi +4(from a charm!), Resist P +10, armor 50, Charmqty 3
GLS: Guard's Ornamented Leather Gloves : Str +4 (from a charm!), HP + 20, Charmqty 1
AMT: Amulet of Glory : Str +4, offense +3, sight +1, Charmqty 4
RNG R: Electrifying Thing Gold Ring : Resist L +6
RNG L: Fire Worm's Thin Gold Ring : Resist F +3

Skillpoints left : 3
Passive Skills : Alchemy(2), Enchant Weapon(1), Master Summoner(1)
Active Skills : Bless(1, a starting skill!), Meteorestrike(1, a starting skill!), Freeze(1), Lockpick(1), Restoration(1) & Summon Skeleton(3)

Nice things with Summon Skeletons :
they are immuum for poison, so sending them to (giant) spiders is a very good thing ! I watch from a distance and if necessary I can restore a skeleton's HP a bit with my Restoration skill ! But mostly summon again a new skeleton is easier (imo).
Funny is to Freeze a Orc and my summons do the rest (plus freeze damage). At the time I can invest in Aura of Command (level 16) I do. The fight against all demonic monsters deep beneath Aleroth to cure Mardaneus was noticeable easier playing on Hard difficulty !
Since the Skeletons do melee (physical) damage I'm wondering if it's necessary to take Hell Spikes ... think

Now I'm thinking which skill to invest in to help the summons killing monsters without using a bow or other melee weapon ? ... Curse ? Elemental Bolt ? Energy Case ? Life Leech ? Charm ?

Till next time !

Primellina the Mage Priest .

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Again a long time ago posting something here !

I've played for many many hours, yes again(!!), Divine div !!!
I've tried many different characters starting a brand new game (I really love the start of DD!!) and finally(maybe?) I love the Survivor most and use many time the Special move (sneek)!

Not sneeking for stealing or pickpocked NPC's, but just in battles! Some enemies don't see you coming and my blows are more powerful in some way! Great special move.

I follow some own maked rules like:
1) do not buy any equipment, just use the weapons I find till it's broken (durability zero) AND
2) REPAIR by trader's or invest points in Repair skill is forbidden ! ONLY ... the Dwarven Smith 'can' repair my equipment (if I really wish to use a broken item again!)
3) No magic spells to attack enemies ! If I find an item with, let's say Meteorestrike, I may use it 1 time only and then sell it ! Defensive magical spells is allowed.
4) Try to solve the main quest & other quests as fast as possible !
5) For weapons: I never store/use more than 2 of the same kind (2 daggers, 2 swords, etc), more I find I must decided which one to sell !
6) For equipment: maximum of 3 items !
7) ALL items my hero have used and are "broken"(durability zero!) I store in a barrel :hihi: ...

So far my hero is level 10 and it's most fun for me this way ! Great game ever played (so far) ... I really hope Divinity Original Sin can take over DD's place in my Mind ... for a looooong looong gameplay time full of wonders and pleasures ... hehe

O, my hero in DD, his name is (male or female) : "The Fearless" ;-)

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Recently I discovered that the skill "Skeleton Wall" is great and I find this skill more rewarding than "Summon Skeleton" !
Reading over DD and writing about DD my lust to play DD is present ! laugh

What will be my next hero his or her playstyle ?
I wonder if it's possible in DD (and DKS also!!) to invest mostly in passive skills and just 2 or 3 active skills ? think

Originally Posted by Lord Pin-apple
Lol reading through this It sounds fun I shall try something similar with my D2 play through, also
You also die by the dragon rider just outside the first town, but techially your ressurected so it doesn't count by your rules lol or does it? but the comment on the divine death, it's technically a ritual and your also ressurected as a new so it's like a new person but not..... complicated stuff and so on and so forth

I see that as you being just unconcious and Zandalor just healed you. If Zandalor resurrected you, wouldn't he do the same with the other dead Marked Ones later? Why would he be so taken by their deaths and put all hope in the LAST Marked One (means your character)? Also the remark of your character "that was close" translating to "I thought I would die here, if it wasn't for you, magical old guy". XD

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard