Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joram
I thought something was "mentioned" in the past about "RPG features" in Dragon Commander, not ?

The RPG part is done on the raven (your capital ship), where you interact with your crew. You make decisions there that influence the people in your countries, your army, your princess, generals, etc...

This part of the game goes very deep, as the characters all have story archs that you can complete, depending on the choices that you make.

veteran
veteran
Thanks wink
That sounds very good ! And mixing this all with "tons of humour", like the Larians always did so far & do it very well smile

So I really HOPE "Humour" is insight dialogs, situations, etc etc ... included ... because that make it so fun to play !

Without the aspect "humour" I do NOT buy & play DC !! Is that clear ?!?
evil

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
How many different generals and advisers are there? one per race or more?

A
veteran
veteran
A
... What I don't quite understand : Have I understood this right that floating enemy bases are no more within the game ? Where are their commanders, then ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
... What I don't quite understand : Have I understood this right that floating enemy bases are no more within the game ? Where are their commanders, then ?

I think they meant there will be no more aerial base-building. I'm assuming the enemy commander will have their own Raven-like airbase.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Okay, I do hope so, at least.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

I think they meant there will be no more aerial base-building. I'm assuming the enemy commander will have their own Raven-like airbase.

And horray for that, because building floating rocks in the sky, EXPANDING the area of the floating rocks, then using that to mine for gold makes no sense.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Will Dragon Commander contain a copy of Larian's very first RTS game?

Support
Support

IIRC years ago Lar said they considered releasing L.E.D. Wars as freeware, but recompiling the game (ie without the copy protection) gave too many errors, due to differences between the compilers used. Maybe as a bonus with D:DC Larian might be able to justify more time getting it working than if it were just a promotional freebie, but I don't know how many people would still play it given the chance. The game has been mention in the forum, but actual gameplay has only come up a couple times: The LED Wars.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Then perhaps they should consider to give the source code to the community? Plus a reward for the first hacker that can get it working DRM free of course smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Originally Posted by Morbo
Is this a Realtime strategy game or a realtime Tactics game .

It has a turnbased strategic map, on which you make your choices to build units, reinforce countries or attack enemy countries.

Then, when going to actual combat, it's real time strategy as you know it from other RTS games (controlling units and your dragon).

So in combat it's more base building to create unite for defense or attack?

Or do you start with a fixed set of units (with the occasional reinforcements from a base or card) and you have to manage with that?

or a mix hehe

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The units on the map translate to the (starting) units in combat. Then you have several options in combat to gain units/structures. But we can't go into too much detail about that yet.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
The units on the map translate to the (starting) units in combat. Then you have several options in combat to gain units/structures. But we can't go into too much detail about that yet.

When will we start to see some new vidoes about Dragon Commander?

L
stranger
stranger
L
WoW Octaaf Fieremans in the interview with gamescope.ru
on (IgroMir Game Expo 2012) (4-7 October) said MAXOS will make his apperance! laugh

Link to interview! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaObWvWXSfo&feature=player_embedded

What do you think? laugh

Last edited by Layncom; 25/11/12 02:38 PM.
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
QA-Man spilled the beans! Bad QA-Man!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Maxos ?
Maxos.
MAXOS ?!
Maxos Maxos Maxos Maxooos!

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
If you say it like that in front of a mirror, Amdusias appears and slits your throat ...

I am in blood
old hand
old hand
You lie. I tried it. Nothing happened.

Tweeting @forktong
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
You’ve got balls, ForkTong, I’ll give you that!

I am in blood
Pfft. Amdusias. Isn't that the guy who wasn't cool enough to become a Dragon Knight?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard