Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Every week, we sit down and play the latest build, and evaluate the progress of game and the team. Here's a sneak peek at last week's "review meeting".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBFtMg1F56Y

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Yeah, just saw update on Larian's youtube channel. What did Swen mean by "South"?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein
Yeah, just saw update on Larian's youtube channel. What did Swen mean by "South"?

yeah I was thinking about that as well...

I'm guessing he meant the Southern part of that area? Of perhaps the Southern part of the entire game world they've created thusfar.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
I love seeing little behind the scenes parts like that.

stranger
stranger
Coolio, keep posting more of these please.

veteran
veteran
I want this game NOOW !! evil

Just kidding, I first must play 4 kind of heroes till the end of DKS and a few heroes killing the Demon of Lies grin ... so No time, noooo time now ...
O, and read the Developer's Journal the postman yesterday brought me ...
Jiiihaaa!Yes! Yess!! Yesss !!!
(do you hear me screaming ? :hihi: )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

As was guessed in this thread, the South part of the level we were reviewing. It was dense, varied, and interesting. As we started going North, it dawned on us that there wasn't enough to do there yet. The area looked smaller on paper wink

Tweeting @forktong
enthusiast
enthusiast
It was really pweeeetty though!

veteran
veteran
Well, let's go to the North and keep pushing the dev's to put many awesome stuff (and alike) in that area ... snow, an ice palace, walking snowman's, etc etc ...
But take a fire spell with you, it's very bad cold ...
wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
enthusiast
enthusiast
They should totally put in the option to create your own snowman, without any reason whatsoever.

And then pull a Tenacious D (best and most unpredictable ending ever) ending revealing the snowman is the final boss or something.

A
veteran
veteran
A
... And then they should let the song "Snowbounfd" by Genesis be played in the background ... "Hey, hey, there walks the snowman .."

At school, my very first self-invented name was "Snowy" for a Snowman. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
To kill a snowman you've to be smart ! Don't lure them into the mountains, because who knowns it's a kamikaze snowman which become a "avalange" at the moment you're the one standing on the feed of that mountain !
Many ideas possible with a snowman smile Gives this a go Larians wink

And what about an Ice Castle ? With a warning outside:
"Don't use fireballs!", "Don't make a campfire!" ...
"Do not forget a pick-axe to open 'doors' or make your way out of this Freaking Freezing Fort!"

I can go on if you wish :hihi: ...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ForkTong

As was guessed in this thread, the South part of the level we were reviewing. It was dense, varied, and interesting. As we started going North, it dawned on us that there wasn't enough to do there yet. The area looked smaller on paper wink

Yeah, I figured as much just wasn't entirely sure.
Thanks or clarification.

stranger
stranger
Er, loads of ambushes, as in random-encounter-like? That doesn't sound good, it's not a JRPG after all. Combat with enemies you can't see first should be used sparingly...

"We're all humans." Let's try to be more!
"The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race."
"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose."
Support
Support

No, it sounded like they meant you just couldn't see opponents in advance (around a corner, or in a room, etc), not they were random fights.

stranger
stranger
I said random-encounter-like, not that they actually were random. If you get ambushed a few times over the course of the game, by enemies who have a reason/purpose to lie in wait like that for you, surround you, etc. that's one thing, but finding yourself in combat every 2 steps, as it says there, with enemies that seem to materialize out of thin air gets old fast.

"We're all humans." Let's try to be more!
"The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race."
"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose."
Support
Support

Well, the number of ambushes in a row was pointed out as a problem with that area, so should be fixed. Also, overall there will be less combat in Original Sin than in the previous Divinity games.

Link Copied to Clipboard