Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Kein #459501 28/11/12 10:31 AM
old hand
old hand
I'll just acknowledge: the UI is stub. Especially the mana/health balls left and right...

Tweeting @forktong
Kein #459522 29/11/12 01:55 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein
They... didn't? Did you read Swen's blog closely? The whole point of his torments is to be undependable and make things on their own money. Kickstarter is something he was discussing in the concept itself.

No offense, but I am not interested in arguing with you for the sake of it over the Interwebz.

Yes, I regularly check and read Swen's blog, but neither you, nor me can read minds, or foretell what the future has in for Larian.

Last time I checked, this is a list of wishes, or suggestions if you will, and if you can't see what that implies, I can't help you.

Karmapowered #459535 29/11/12 04:32 PM
veteran
veteran
I just wanted to clear up possible rumors/implications that DOS and/or DC will require backing via Kickstarter.
I never said they don't consider possibility of using Kickstarter for some project in future.

Kein #459545 30/11/12 05:29 AM
stranger
stranger
What I want to know is ... what will be the (minimum) system requirements for this game? Grosso modo is fine allready. It's just that I've got now a laptop that's getting old & needs his retirement. It would be nice to know with what I could play this game....

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
J747L #459886 19/12/12 12:06 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Raze

2) Being able to switch between real time and turn based combat
Those are fundamentally different designs...

No! All things are possible. You played Arcanum?
I think that makes the game purely turn-based unnecessary. The ability to switch between turn-based and real-time must be available. If not in the game, at least in the editor.

Last edited by PUVer; 19/12/12 12:06 PM.
PUVer #459888 19/12/12 12:12 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Personally, I don't like the word "must" here.
It's like the Borg : All games will belong to us - the RTS genre defenders.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Pointman #459890 19/12/12 12:26 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Pointman
Hello, I'm from Russia, I apologize for my English smile
I was surprised by the simplicity of the interface, more suitable for ordinary second-class RPG, but not suitable for old-school RPG. I think a lot of support, the interface needs serious treatment, special attention should be paid to the skills panel and display of life / mana.

I agree with Pointman. I do not understand why all modern RPG-makers are eager to make the interface almost Paint. think What could be easier? Or in modern developers do not have the money to pay the artist for the normal interface?
[Linked Image]
Excuses such as "not to be distracted from the game" is not accepted. This is as absurd as the statement piranha bayts "we make music in this part of the Gothic gnarled , so it does not distract from the gameplay."

Last edited by PUVer; 19/12/12 12:31 PM.
AlrikFassbauer #459891 19/12/12 12:28 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Personally, I don't like the word "must" here.
It's like the Borg : All games will belong to us - the RTS genre defenders.

Sorry, I'm just an uneducated student from Russia. Russia. Have you heard about that? Well, vodka, balalaika, bears ...

Arhu #460213 03/01/13 06:39 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Hi there,
I would appriciate it if my two main wishes could be realized:
1st: I would like to install and play the game offline und without steam or others directly from CD as I did it until up to now with dd, bd, Ego Draconis and so on.
2nd: I use the mouse with my left hand and the keyboard with my right hand. So it would be great if i could choose the keys of the keyboard without restrictions for the use of the keys and in the best purpose for the handling of the keyboaard with the right hand.
With my best regards

dd_marsian #460229 04/01/13 06:31 PM
veteran
veteran
It's great to have a wealth of components for formulas/recipes/enchantments/potions. It's even greater with a comprehensive in-game help function.

1) There should be a list of known formulas that is always accessible, so players can check which options they have and which components they should be looking for. Numbers for components you have might be highlighted in green, numbers for those you don't have might be highlighted in red.
2) When placing the mouse over a component, a tooltip might list the known formulas it is used in, so players quickly know how useful it (currently) is. This should work both in the inventory and in the trading screen.

Combined, this would make it quite convenient to use the whole system. And these are just the basics. If you want to get fancy, you can

3) add tick boxes to the list of formulas - if ticked, players won't use the corresponding formula (anymore) and don't want it to show up in the tooltips.
4) enable accessing the list of formulas in the trading screen, and clicking on a formula lets you buy all components for one use (shift-clicking might let you buy only the components you are still missing for one use).
5) add general tooltip infos for unknown formulas depending on your alchemy [or other appropriate] skill, like "Used for brewing powerful healing potions" or "Used for enchantments providing additional fire protection".

Lurker #460252 07/01/13 10:55 AM
veteran
veteran
Very good idea Lurker ! I'm in for this ! smile
In Divinity II: I missed such things like this a bit while busy with Formula's for Alchemy, Enchantments, etc ...
wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #460386 14/01/13 04:28 AM
My attitude towards this game has changed but I would immediately buy it if Arhu is in it grin

That cat has really intrigued me since Divine Divinity.

J747L #461373 24/03/13 09:54 PM
Arhu Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Wow, that is one awesome avatar you have there, J747L! kitty

And I'd love to expand upon my wishlist, but I can't, since I can't (don't want to) play Divine Divinity because of the music bug. Please fix ... please?

Do You Like Dreams?
Arhu #461387 25/03/13 05:50 PM
addict
addict
Actually Arhu is in the game again. A much younger version of Arhu. Although he isn't a cat yet when you meet him.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #461454 27/03/13 04:16 PM
Thanks Arhu (oh boy that felt a bit weird, I'm having a conversation with powerful mage-cat smile ). Story behind that avatar is, that's supposed to be "you"(arhu) but I blundered on the blue eyes. I was a bored that day so I added Zandalor's hat.

@Myrthos, that's good news but something crossed my mind... err... I hope the players aren't/weren't responsible for turning him into a cat and all.

Kein #461459 27/03/13 04:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein
I just wanted to clear up possible rumors/implications that DOS and/or DC will require backing via Kickstarter.
I never said they don't consider possibility of using Kickstarter for some project in future.

Woah nelly.

J747L #461462 27/03/13 05:33 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by J747L
@Myrthos, that's good news but something crossed my mind... err... I hope the players aren't/weren't responsible for turning him into a cat and all.

I hope we are. Arhu isn't Arhu unless he is on all four and furry smile

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #461546 29/03/13 09:41 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I don't know if it's possible, but I'd appreciate a graphical filter option to tone down the chromatic values in the game. Colors seems too saturated and therefore the look borders on cartoony. I prefer a more realistic aesthetic. Something closer to the original Divine Divinity color palette would be ideal.

Last edited by slimgrin; 29/03/13 09:42 PM.
slimgrin #461590 30/03/13 08:58 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It will be possible to customize the characters in the raw game? (without mods) I like the original two characters, gorgeous and interesting both, I just wonder for more physical variants, the name, and those kinds of aesthetic things.

Destello #461597 31/03/13 01:39 AM
Support
Support

Yes, there will be character customization (and possibly more of it, depending on how the kickstarter does).

From the D:OS FAQ:
When you start a new game, you will have to create one male hero and one female hero. You choose their appearance, and you customize your starting build by distributing stat points and by choosing your first skills.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard