Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
I like alrik's suggestion on exotic weapon types, here's one more:
[url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi][/url]

basically a steel bladed whip, can be disguised as a belt... not very effective against metal armor, but could be used to knockdown), but will rip large groups of fleshy foes into shreds in a single attack.... could have high dex/perception requirement to use properly.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Chaotica
personnaly I am interesetd in the idea that everything can be use as a weapon.

Right. In div , one could even throw rocks - as weapons !

To go a little but further : Even vils/phiols/potion/flask containing stuff should be useable as weapons - or, in other words, art least have some kind of damage value attached to them ...

So, if you fill a flask with some stuff ... let's say acid - then it could perhaps explode and do some acidic damage, too ?

... Not to speak of flasks filled with fire ... but how could the fire get into these flasks ? I have no idea ...

And if it is filled with alcohol or with dust/mist : Could it distort the enemy's Perception then, too ?

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 17/01/13 08:39 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
everything

Can I throw beds and chests at enemies then?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
everything

Can I throw beds and chests at enemies then?

yeah for sure !!, even your mother-in-law laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
It is rude to throw the mother-in-law around. Best to take a walk before the throwing starts!

veteran
veteran
I like to see "Magical weapons" ... like a "Morning Star" that does Ice Spike Damage .. a small "hint" to the skill from DD, Hell Spikes wink

I Hope I can Enchant weapons with such magical damage of one (or more than one) Elemental Powers !

And for a Bow (and/or Crossbow)
* different kind of arrows to shoot with, system BD .
OR
* to enchtant a Bow with some Elemental Power so shooting with that bow automatically make use of that power.

Smashing a big hammer to let shake the earth and break ice (or stun an enemy) or let fall an ice spike upon the head of an enemy ... somewhere in a icy dungeon ! But be warned: don't stand under such icy hanging spikes yourself ! :hihi:

A lasso or grappling hook to pull an enemy fast next to you, but maybe this is not easy with turn based combat ?
Or using a strong magnet to bring out ballans an enemy with heavy armor :hihi:

What more can be funny ? think

Let it be continued ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
I just thought of something neat. It's not a new weapon, but an enchantment.

X% chance for a free turn after a kill.

The idea is to attach it to a weapon, and if you get a kill with it, there's a percentage chance (capped at 33% at most) that if you get a kill, you immediately get another turn, all your action points restored, that sort of thing. It would probably be best placed on weaker weapons like daggers and such so it doesn't get too overpowering, and it should only apply to kills with the weapon, not magic or anything else.

I got the idea from watching an LP of the old Strategy RPG Jeanne D'arc, where that was one of Jeanne's gimmicks in transformed form.

journeyman
journeyman
Lazer eyes!!!!

Just kidding although I guess laser goggles could be cool or indeed laser eyes. Epic spell animations are very pleasing. Ranged options for rogues like throwing daggers and shurikens are good. I love those blade hands Wolverine from X-Men has so some sort of bladed hand weapon would look and roleplay great. Blackjacks for rogues could be a pssibility although I suspect some players may not appreciate that.
Spirit tentacles or hair tentacles that are spiritual weaponry would be novel. Pranic and chi energy style attacks (probably renamed). Psychic attacks and telepathic takeovers. Medusa the enemy. Turn the enemy into a hippy for a time for the peaceful player.
Exploding arrows of course and various poisons for weapons. Axes that shatter creatures or freeze them.
Divinty 2 weapons were great and a good basis but a few novelties are always welcome.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gun. Since we have lost technologies from DC, lores about gun could easily be created. It is pretty rare though since it is from lost technologies. To put how rare it is, it is only 2 in the entire game.

EDIT: and the item stats are FIXED (that is pretty powerful since it's a gun) as compared with the item fever system.

Last edited by henryv; 09/04/13 02:04 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
swords, Swords, SWORDS! I always fight with swords (though that's historically not the best weapon for close combat but hey, it's fantasy).

I will be upset if there aren't enough nice and deadly swords in the game..... wink

And I would like to see upgradable and customizable weapons. Inscriptions or runes would also be nice. wink

Oh, and don't forget some bombs. They can be quites handy in emergency situations....

Last edited by LordCrash; 09/04/13 02:30 AM.

WOOS
Scythes... nothing says rpg like someone ramming a big scythe in your back.

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
There are some weapons I missed a little from Divine div in Divinity 2; specially the staves from mages. Not that building a mage with great sword skills weren't cool, but I somewhat missed the chance to make a pure mage with his/her classical staff.

Last edited by Zerael; 09/04/13 09:10 AM.
veteran
veteran
And please make the weapons more realistic. I don't like the JRPG style with 3m long swords who cannot be hold by a normal man......

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash
And please make the weapons more realistic. I don't like the JRPG style with 3m long swords who cannot be hold by a normal man......

Agreed, and don't make them insanely wide either. The Zandalor concept art looks a little too JRPG for my liking (not that I dislike JRPGs, I just don't want that here).

stranger
stranger
A heretic thought - unarmed fighting? I can think of a hundred reasons why not to use it, i.e. less magic items to boost the stats... but it is at least worth considering, no?

~Death is only the Beginning~
Imhotep
old hand
old hand
Saw a post already about whips. They are primarily only in the Castlevania franchise.

In Underworld: Rise of the Lycon, there is a scene where a triple whip with three metal barbs on the end were used to beat the one main character. It would be interesting to have a weapon that was 4 whips, each tip with a type of element doing damage. Fire, Ice, Air, Earth.

Holy water would be great too, though the blessed effects would wear off if any other spell was casted on the water puddle.

Chain/Rope. It would be interesting if a chain or rope can be sung at some enemies and have it wrap around them tangling them for a few attack cycles. This would require a lot of perception and dexterity to pull off. Picture the chain wrapped around the two main characters in the Beyond Divinity cover.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I'd much rather see a deep treatment of fewer basic weapon categories than a really wide and shallow treatment. IE id rather have 20 different spears to chose from than 2 spears, 2 sai, 2 nunchucks, etc, etc.

So Categories....Stats in order of weight x/y is roughly equal.
2h Swords (Str/Dex)
2h mace/maul (Str)
2h spears (Staves could fit here. Fighting style is similar)(Dex,Str)
2h polearms (Str, dex) Axes here
2h flexible (Dex, Str)
2h exotic (varies)

1h edged (Str/dex)
1h fencing weapons(Dex, str) maybe other point focused 1h weapons here)
1h daggers/short swords (dex)
1h mace/maul (Str)
1h flexible (dex, str)
1h exotic (varies)
1h axes (str,dex)

I'd rather see more realistic weapons as well rather than things that look lifted out of a bad fantasy movie.

apprentice
apprentice
I want SPEARS! Please god, include Spears! 2Hed ones at that. They should deal damage slightly below 2h swords/axes/maces etc for an increased range (2 tiles away?) and speed. They could be more effective against armor, and slightly less effective on flesh due to the poking motion instead of slashling. And please be str based.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want staffs and bows..scepters,foci,longbow shortbow,1h and 2h sword,daggers,..

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Timeraider
Scythes... nothing says rpg like someone ramming a big scythe in your back.

+1

but still decent mage/wizard weps..If i have a robe and a cload I wants to have a frikkin' staff ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard