Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yep. Start spreading the news... With the help of Kickstarter, we want to make Divinity Original Sin the best RPG we've ever created.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin

Tweeting @forktong
apprentice
apprentice
Just saw the campaign in Kicktraq, backed and posted the link in GOG's crowdfunding topic.

veteran
veteran
400$k huh
Seems decent and fair goal. Lesse how it rolls.

P.S. inb4 someone claim 50k place and self-inserts his furry OC >_>

veteran
veteran
I snatched up the first $50 spot.

Assuming it reaches the 400,000 mark early on, maybe for one of the stretch goals, you could add alternate expressions for some of the party member conversation portraits. (angry, sad, happy...)

journeyman
journeyman
The great game will be even greater (not to mention the free publicity).

We also have to remember that Divinity: Original Sin is the spiritual successor to Divine Divinity (the best Larian game so far).

So there's a lot at stake.

Last edited by Estrogen; 27/03/13 06:11 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
A question, I saw the exclusive in-game items for both Original Sin and Dragon Commander for who buyed the Anthology. THis is only for who buyed in Larian's Vault? I have the Anthology in GOG and will get the new games in GOG too

old hand
old hand
Pledged $65.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
The boxed version will be available without go through kickstarter?

Support
Support
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
A question, I saw the exclusive in-game items for both Original Sin and Dragon Commander for who buyed the Anthology. THis is only for who buyed in Larian's Vault?

The DLC items for DC and D:OS were in the retail version of the anthology (through the Larian Vault or elsewhere), since they were added at the request of one of the retail distributors (see a reply to a comment in the blog post Hatching the Anthology).

However, at least for Dragon Commander there was a Chinese New Year DLC promo offer early last year. The webpage is still up, so you can try submitting your email address to get in on the deal (as long as you don't mind silver instead of gold). I have not gotten any announcements from signing up (despite leaving the option checked to get updates), so you don't have to worry about getting on any mailing lists, etc.

Originally Posted by Zeckfried
The boxed version will be available without go through kickstarter?

Yes, there will be a retail and digital release.

old hand
old hand
Just curious...does one need to own property in the USA to found a company there?

I see Larian's American division is in Sacramento.

Last edited by virumor; 27/03/13 08:14 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm going with the 65$ for DOS and DC I think.
And congratulations, Larian, you finally gave it a go!
Now just waitin' for the monez...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Which reminds me, if by any chance this kickstarter thing won't succeed (By the Seven Gods No!) please be kind enough to everyone that, so that they can repurchase through Larian's vault.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
A question, I saw the exclusive in-game items for both Original Sin and Dragon Commander for who buyed the Anthology. THis is only for who buyed in Larian's Vault?

The DLC items for DC and D:OS were in the retail version of the anthology (through the Larian Vault or elsewhere), since they were added at the request of one of the retail distributors (see a reply to a comment in the blog post Hatching the Anthology).

However, at least for Dragon Commander there was a Chinese New Year DLC promo offer early last year. The webpage is still up, so you can try submitting your email address to get in on the deal (as long as you don't mind silver instead of gold). I have not gotten any announcements from signing up (despite leaving the option checked to get updates), so you don't have to worry about getting on any mailing lists, etc.

Thanks for the answer, already reserved my silverfire

old hand
old hand
Hurray, took Dragon Commander + Original Sin for 65 dollars for now. Bang for buck is what this is called. Read the other tiers tomorrow.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I see that it is hard to get DOS + DC + soundtrack of both of them. And that worries me. Will it be possible to pay for soundtracks only at Larian Vault?

enthusiast
enthusiast
You guys should post some of the hilarious videos that've come out over the last couple of months. The kickstarter backers are coming along quite nicely so far, which greatly widens your internet fanbase/viewership.

It saddens me that the thanksgiving special and the larian crew singing videos only got a couple thousand of views frown

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virumor
Just curious...does one need to own property in the USA to found a company there?

I see Larian's American division is in Sacramento.

That's right, an associative in the US or UK is required as long as kickstarter does not expand to the rest of Europe. There are other crowdfunding sites of course, but Kickstarter is the better one.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Backed like it's back in black! I'm so excited for this I must say! Gimme! smile

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
veteran
veteran
$67,587
pledged of $400,000 goal
days to go

OOH BOY, prepare your stretch goals Swen.

veteran
veteran
I've backed smile

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard