Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
stranger
stranger
Of the new isometric RPGs on KickStarter (Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Shadowrun Returns etc.) is Divinity: Original Sin the only one with online co-op play?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did it! I'm now officially a kickstarter member by backing up DOS!

Shame I missed that fancy underwear though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This reminds me, your colleagues from the north, Holland, they were lucky, they got support from Markus Persson (Minecraft). Now Minecraft is of no interest to me, but such a generous supporter ... is there a millionaire on the net who's a big fan of cRPG?

Support
Support

Meme, a couple people had similar concerns in the kickstarter comments. Expect an attempt to be clearer in future updates. As Swen/David mentioned in the comments, the things they talked about were not 'broken', and might not even be noticed if you were playing through the game, but things that could be added/improved upon.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just had a sneak peak on kickstarter, Larian announcing another update for tomorrow:

Originally Posted by Larian

Lore (who are you) & single player video are up for tomorrow btw.

veteran
veteran
DAY 5 BLOG UPDATE:

http://www.lar.net/2013/04/02/kickstarter-campaign-day-5/

This going to be a very short post because I need some sleep, but I just wanted to mention how motivating it is to see all these shows of support and how helpful all our fans and backers have been. I’m exhausted but reaching 63% of our funding goal (252K at present) in 5 days is just amazing and it’s very easy to find energy amidst so much support. And the feedback we’ve received is worth gold – that alone is a reason to do a campaign like this – now I understand what Brian Fargo & the guys at Obsidian were shouting about all the time. It’s one thing to be reading about it, it’s a completely different thing to be in the middle of it. Anyway, that’s it – I actually just wanted to share a few stats from our campaign:

The average pledge amount so far is $44.23 (really high imho so we have generous backers). We’ve had 30118 video views and of those 17,78% finished the video, both numbers low imho so we need to do something there. We are now at a conversion rate of 18,9% so that’s dropped but it’s still pretty high.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The power of the Kickstarter and Weresheep combined were too much for me, and have lured me out from lurkerdom.

A warm hello to you all, and all the best for the campaign and Original Sin!

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
old hand
old hand
I'm not so sure I'm a fan of Weresheep. I mean they don't seem very cuddly. I much rather have a kitten or even a puppy if you don't mind.... or better yet a kitten and a puppy. So please lets keep the Weresheep away....

addict
addict
I'm a backer too! laugh

claphands

veteran
veteran

veteran
veteran
You're way too sensitive, mate.... aargh

Be safe and hear that weresheep make at least the best sweaters ever! silly

Last edited by LordCrash; 02/04/13 07:20 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran

enthusiast
enthusiast
YES! TY larian for the awesome avatars ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Never played a Divinity game before, more than likely I'll end up picking up Divine Divinity on steam soon, but I threw 65 bucks towards your kickstarter cause I'm really looking forward to Original Sin and Dragon Commander.

My friend and I plan on being bucket heads, delivering swift justice to enemies around the game world. Glorious.

veteran
veteran

Rei Offline
veteran
veteran
Why Kickstarter? You have a publisher with Daedalic. And i can preorder the german box version for ~45€ (kickstarter: 65$+12$=77$).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow, so many threads active at once! Can't say I saw that many new users in the last ~1.5 years I watched this forum. It's a good thing though. There's so many new ones I'm just gonna post this little reply for today.

Heard the 300k has been reached, bravo! There's a whole bunch of good people at Larian studios who deserve that many support. For those who lost the link, here's where they're currently heading for (right now appr > $1000 000) so whatever you did to get the internet funding, it worked! (read: "we want more! more!")

It's gonna be a great eastern holidays for fans of rpg!

Also, don't forget the guys on DC. They should be shipping in less than 3 months. They're doing quite well, just a few gameplay tweaks and higher bits/bugs rate, and voilà! We'll have the best Belgian game in years!

Last thing, thanks for the new wallpaper. And the new avatars, but I believe it'be a sin not to stick with the original one wink

Damn I'm in such a good mood tonight!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Typical. I forgot the link. Here you got it!

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Hmm, this was bugging me for a while:

[Linked Image]

I thought you had facebook, swen?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rei
Why Kickstarter? You have a publisher with Daedalic. And i can preorder the german box version for ~45€ (kickstarter: 65$+12$=77$).

Pledging on kickstarter is not the same thing than preordering. On kickstarter you can help Larian to make the game bigger and better. People donate some of their money on kickstarter to make this happen. Prordering is also a good thing if you want to support Larian. But it's not the same thing.

And it's new to me that the preorder phase for DOS already started. I can't find DOS on the Daedalic store. wink

WOOS
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard