Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein
Hmm, this was bugging me for a while:

[Linked Image]

I thought you had facebook, swen?

You're not allowed to connect to a corporate FB account on kickstarter. Swen could link to his private FB accound but I don't know if that would make any sense. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 04/04/13 08:47 PM.

WOOS
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Kein
Hmm, this was bugging me for a while:

[Linked Image]

I thought you had facebook, swen?

I think KS link only personal FB accounts not a company/game accounts. That's the reason I think.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Rei
Why Kickstarter? You have a publisher with Daedalic. And i can preorder the german box version for ~45€ (kickstarter: 65$+12$=77$).

Larian is self publishing (and self funding) Original Sin and Dragon Commander. Daedalic is a distributor.

As for why Kickstarter, Larian wants to hire a secondary design team to add a lot of depth and diversity to the game (more interactivity, quests, choices/consequences, NPCs, locations, etc). Possibilities for stretch goals include non-human playable characters, backstories and personalities added for henchmen, additional map areas, etc. The kickstarter page describes this in more detail. It looks to be a very good game as it is now, IMNSHO; with the additional funding it can be even better.

enthusiast
enthusiast
_0037_rabbit.small
Dwelfusius , WooS Reprezent! just now

@larian,swen,david,whoever is out there

why not create an add-on/surplus/whatever it is called for some sort of low budget fan day, even post launch..a bring your own picnic/cold pasta salad whatever,see there's an open bar or democratic prices and music and we support you guys now but ofc more than what it would actually cost..now the only fan day is from 1500$ and I'm sure there are a lot of people willing to contribute for a chance of getting to see you guys,maybe get a pic or things signed.. If i had 1500$ to spare i would, but i just can't..Or "sell" some in house alfa/beta testing opportunity..

Would be so cool

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
_0037_rabbit.small
Dwelfusius , WooS Reprezent! just now

@larian,swen,david,whoever is out there

why not create an add-on/surplus/whatever it is called for some sort of low budget fan day, even post launch..a bring your own picnic/cold pasta salad whatever,see there's an open bar or democratic prices and music and we support you guys now but ofc more than what it would actually cost..now the only fan day is from 1500$ and I'm sure there are a lot of people willing to contribute for a chance of getting to see you guys,maybe get a pic or things signed.. If i had 1500$ to spare i would, but i just can't..Or "sell" some in house alfa/beta testing opportunity..

Would be so cool

I would highly appreciate that. smile

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Question: If I already pledged 65, could I raise it to more than that? Or should I purchase another? I'm new to this sort of things.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Support
Support

At the top of the D:OS kickstarter page (assuming you are logged in), under the number of backers and pledged amount, click on the 'Manage Your Pledge' button. From there you can change the amount of the pledge (to increase it for an add-on, for example) and/or the reward tier.

veteran
veteran
I'm still waiting to make a pledge, but I'm waiting for the anouncement : "Now you can pay also via Paypal so you don't need to have a Credit Card !"
The Kickstarter Action goes so fast that I'm starting to be afraid this anouncement will come TOO late ! No ?

think

PS: and I really apreciate it someone here give me a PM from the moment Paypal on Kickstart become active. Thanks a LOT in advance !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
Same concerning Paypal. And a question 'bout it : will it be the already classic for Kick' system where you have only the values of the reward tiers to 'pay', or will you go for something more in the spirit of the backing (maybe the slider you got for the PWYW on GoG)? Cause I'd give as much as I can afford but only go for the 95$ reward (or maybe a bit more to have alpha/beta). And will there be add-ons on paypal too?

Besides, as I see you're talking Stretchgoals on Kick', I must say the thing i'd really love to see as first stretch goal is 'henchmen++', with background and personnality.

veteran
veteran
I want that "Message in a bottle" pledge reward ! laugh
Can I do a "order" so there's at least 1 left for me ? question
It's a Limited pledge reward and now only 440 of 500 remaining ! eek It goes soooo fast !!
And already $322,911 ! (it's already 80,72 % of the totale 400 000 to go !! )

I just checked the Kickstarter & try to do a pledge, but still not possible without a credit card ... sad

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
journeyman
journeyman
If you don't want to wait Paypal, maybe you can use that sort of prepaid-credit card : http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/virtual_cards.aspx dunno though how it works with Kick'.

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the info, I've read it. But my bank don't support such a Virtual Visa anymore if you want a new one .

The Pledges go so fast, really just 1 hour further now and already KS reached 80,97 % of it's total ! It's crazy fast ! Each one $ up go faster than I can spell
V-e-r-d-i-s-t-i-s !! hahaha

No, serious :
Larian is from Belgium, I'm from Belgium, but I can't do a pledge ... it's ... the world upside down !!
(Help I'm falling ! O my head ... my head crushes !!)

veteran
veteran
Yep, it is 330k already.

There needs to be stretchgoals published soon.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Joram
Larian is from Belgium, I'm from Belgium, but I can't do a pledge ... it's ... the world upside down !!

I'm in the same ship :p
18$ from States... and Larian is close to me... uh.
I prefer using this 18$ additional for Larian.

So I'm waiting! Hoping it will be released a collector edition!

veteran
veteran
There probably won't be an official PayPal option until the campaign reaches its funding goal on kickstarter. That's common policy on kickstarter. wink

It's another thing I you make a campaign on your own even before the kickstarter campaign starts (like with Star Citizen which only came to kickstarter because RSI's own servers broke down....)

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Joram
Thanks for the info, I've read it. But my bank don't support such a Virtual Visa anymore if you want a new one .

The Pledges go so fast, really just 1 hour further now and already KS reached 80,97 % of it's total ! It's crazy fast ! Each one $ up go faster than I can spell
V-e-r-d-i-s-t-i-s !! hahaha

No, serious :
(Help I'm falling ! O my head ... my head crushes !!)

Larian already said that people in Europe probably won't have to pay 12/18$ for shipping costs, they're investigating that thing atm. The thing is that you don't have sophisticated options for shipping descriptions on kickstarter, you can only use "no shipping costs" or "international/non US shipping costs".... in the tier descriptions wink

WOOS
Support
Support

Joram, the 'message in a bottle' is included with the $100 and $125 digital tiers, and all physical tiers of $150 or more. The $100 tier is 12% full with the kickstarter 82% funded, so it is not in danger of filling up any time soon. Even if it does, when paypal option is started, I don't know if it would be linked to the kickstarter limits (if kickstarter was going to make it easier to manage pledges outside of kickstarter, they just would cut out the hassle and support other payment methods).

veteran
veteran

B
B
Seriously stoked for this game.

For the people asking about PayPal, Kickstarter only allows that option once the first funding goal is reached. Otherwise failed projects would have to manually refund people's money. So be patient, it should only be a few more days before PayPal is up.

veteran
veteran
You mean 1-2 days? It is already 350k.

Speaking of - where is update 8 then?

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard