Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anton Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
Hi,

I'm a little disappointed by this new update and so, the stretch goal named in the title. In fact, more surprised than disappointed, but a little.

Because I basically thought these points were on the core game smirk If we speak like you on "a great RPG", well, what is "a great RPG" without all these points, without NPC Schedules, Day/Night Cycles, Weather Systems?

And I think - or just feel - you don't really want to add this to the game.
1/ because if it's not planned in the beginning of the prod', it's a mess to add at the end
2/ because you set it on 1 million. 1 MILLION. Com'on guys. On the beginning the KS was only for "ending" the game. Now you add some points who, in fact, are very important in a RPG. It's not some insignificants points, it's not cosmectic points. It's Life with a big L in the game, pure and simple.

So I'm surprised and disappointed to see and have the feeling that this is not - and probably will not - be part of the initial core game, and have the think that 1M goal shows you don't really want to add it now or expect/feel you probably never reach this goal smirk

I will not change my pledge don't worry laugh

Have fun (and faith maybe).

Last edited by Anton; 05/04/13 07:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well, that's why it's at 1 million dollars, because it'll take time and effort to get it done right. It's a NICE feature, to be sure, but I don't think it's MANDATORY to have. It wasn't in Divinity 2.

I think the 800,000 stretch goal might be reachable, though - if the average of about 20,000 a day is maintained for ALL 20 days.

If you want the day/night schedules, spread the word and try to get other people to chip in. Find other forums, find other friends on facebook and such. Just complaining about it here will accomplish nothing.

I agree with Stabbey. I don't think the cycles are mandatory; on the other hand, I've never been too fond of the RPGs that implemented it (not because this cycles, but for the game themselves).

I must say, though, that the other stretchgoals are awesome. I really like the traits/backgrounds ideas, it's something I love to find in these games, probably because it enrichs the best part of RPGs for me -character personalization. Also, I would greatly welcome henchmen backgrounds; that kind of details would really make Original Sin stand in greatness. Or so I think, of course laugh

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
The weather affecting magic intrigues me more than the schedules and day/night cycle, though those are nice to have. So if you had a rainstorm going on and you were to cast a frost spell, the rain would turn into hail/snow; or a fire spell would turn the rain into a misty fog which would reduce sight range/accuracy?

That would be awesome.

old hand
old hand
I can live without schedule; I much rather see larger and more areas (longer game with more side quest that enhance the story). I am a bit confused as to what the $500,000 goal represent. Is it a playable area with side quests and shop keepers and story addition or (this is what it sounds like to me) a house/village/town where you can store your things and not-in-use companions ?
-
I really want lots of optional quests that provide more indepth to the setting and story if done but are not required and maybe some good old dungeon crawls (large caves and such) that take hours to expore wink

Hehehe .. next time they would be safer just only telling us the next goal instead of all of them.
Now everyone feels as if we are missing out on something XD

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Regardless of end funding, I suggest that they do what obsidian did during the final hours of their kickstarter: doing a livestream of them hanging about their office, answering questions and having fun.

Support
Support

A Day / night cycle is nice (don't really miss it if absent), but I have found NPC schedules can be a bit of a pain if you want to talk to a particular NPC and it is the middle of the night. Presumably the guards would not let us camp in front of a shop, for example, so you'd have run around killing time or go find an inn or farmer's field to sleep.

How much money do you think it should take to add NPC schedules and extra dialog, weather, weather effects for the environment, extra dialog for the weather, changes to the skills based on the cycle of the moon, balancing, etc?

IMO this is the stretch goal with the most amount of work for the least benefit. It would be nice to have, but I wouldn't cry too much if Larian only got 800,000 (missing the henchmen stretch goal would be a little disappointing).

apprentice
apprentice
Hello everyone.
I fully agree with Anton, looks like extortion. The game should be a change of day and night, without any conditions. Larian think again, you obviously went too far, reconsider its decision.
Send emails to all the addresses Larian, speak out on Facebook and Twitter. I really hope Larian think again.

journeyman
journeyman
The goals look good so far:

- Expanded Talents/Skills are obviously VERY important for game's longevity, mainly because they can add (if well designed) tremendous ammounts of replayability (I think that the Divine Divinity lacked a bit in the skills/talents department).

- Night/Day cycle that affects gameplay? Sound interesting, but I hope it won't force us to fight only after dark :P

- More and deeper companions. What's not to like?

- The music sounds absolutely brilliant! Seems like Kirill won't disappoint!

PS. I will be honest guys, I just want DIVINE DIVINITY on steroids laugh and if you can do more than that, then Original Sin will surely "Dwarf em all" !

Last edited by Estrogen; 05/04/13 09:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Extortion?

Are you a professional game designer, Pointman? Do you know how much effort it takes to do day/night cycles and NPC schedules for hundreds of NPC's?

old hand
old hand
I'm not going to repeat everything I said previously but if there is a campaign to add day/night cycle; then I hope there is one to not add it smile
-
Yes I think it can be a neat thing and there are some clever only at this time of day things that can happen but there is so much more I (this is my opinion hence the word 'I') would prefer to see done first.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Are you a professional game designer, Pointman? Do you know how much effort it takes to do day/night cycles and NPC schedules for hundreds of NPC's?

Hey.
Day and night / weather should be in the game in any way, and their influence on the NPC's - it is not so important.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Pointman

Hey.
Day and night / weather should be in the game in any way, and their influence on the NPC's - it is not so important.

I'm positive day + night + weather is already in the game. The stretch goal is for weather affecting spells and npcs having daily lives instead of just standing about through the day. Its to make the world feel more interactive and alive.

Last edited by Affixiation; 05/04/13 09:36 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well, I agree with Raze, the Million doesn't amaze me (and I surely don't think this is extortion, that's a lot of work to code all the NPCs and rework the magic system), but I'd be utterly disappointed if we missed the 800k. But if we keep the pace, I think we'll have it (and with a good end rush, maybe even the million?), though I'm a bit surprised Larian didn't put it as the first stretch goal (I'm pretty sure it's the most demanded one). The first goal sounds cool, reminds me of the Battle Tower. The traits are a must-have (and will add cool reward tiers).

Originally Posted by Affixiation
Originally Posted by Pointman

Hey.

I'm positive day + night + weather is already in the game. The stretch goal is for weather affecting spells and npcs having daily lives instead of just standing about through the day. Its to make the world feel more interactive and alive.

This is totally true. The 1 mil goal is all about the weather and day/night affecting npcs and magic used in combat. Weather and night/dag cycles already exsist

I myself look forward to the 500k one

Last edited by Timeraider; 05/04/13 09:54 PM.

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
veteran
veteran
I'm looking forward to the 500k goal, the 650k goal, the 800k and the 1M goal.....

Hm..... well

Now, let's spread the word and get this damn million. All arguing is senseless if we get the million. meh

WOOS
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I'm looking forward to the 500k goal, the 650k goal, the 800k and the 1M goal.....

Hm..... well

Now, let's spread the word and get this damn million. All arguing is senseless if we get the million. meh

And then we can argue about further funding goals.

veteran
veteran
I feel I should point out that it's not going to cost 1M for the day/night cycle, it's going to cost 400,000 for the general improvements Larian wants to make, 100,000 for the dynamic stronghold that changes based on your choices, 150,000 to add talents and personality traits, 150,000 to turn the generic henchmen into companions with attitudes, quests and choices, and 200,000 to add day/night cycles, weather effects, and the associated NPC schedules and reactions.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I objected here the $500 alternative dimension, hehe that actually consumes many resources for broking immersion. But day/night cycles influencing NPCs and spells feel complete natural.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard