Page 1 of 2 1 2
#461986 05/04/13 01:52 PM
M
MasterK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Wish dragons were playable in this game, but i doubt it would work out well in turn-based RPG... If it would be done would be awesome though!
But well, if not dragons then all other races of Rivellon? Elves, dwarves, lizardmen(those are almost dragons :P)...

veteran
veteran
Honestly variety in character choice is less important to me than the depth of the world.

Support
Support

Non-human playable characters may be in one of the stretch goals.

It would be cool, certainly! I missed the elves from DD when playing DKS, even with their cool background and all. Not that they were playable in the past, but I would really appreciatte the feature, since I tend to play elves if the option is given ^_^

Support
Support

I guess the kickstarter needs to raise more that $1M, so Larian has to add more stretch goals.

update 7 - Stretchgoals, Music Preview

enthusiast
enthusiast
Meh. The story's about Rodrick and Scarlett. Although I would like to see non-human henchmen with great stories and such.

EDIT: Biggest dissapointment in DKS was the severe lack of Dwarves, Lizard folk and dwarves ^^ Let's bring those back wink

Last edited by Rod Lightning; 05/04/13 09:21 PM.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
Meh. The story's about Rodrick and Scarlett.

Not anymore. The story is now about two characters who can be just males or females. Rodrick and Scarlett is the concept leftover, thanks to complains on kickstarter.

Kinda sad, how D:OS was supposed to be proper revision/remake of Beyond Divinity but it again went completely different road and now very close to "Mediocre Age II".

stranger
stranger
Dunno really about the other race playable thing. I would rather prefer only human players and a rich deep reactive world...

Support
Support

The concept / backstory of the main characters changed before the kickstarter even began.

Originally Posted by Kein

Kinda sad, how D:OS was supposed to be proper revision/remake of Beyond Divinity but it again went completely different road and now very close to "Mediocre Age II".

Why do you think this is getting close to Dragon Effect II?

stranger
stranger
Meh. The story's about Rodrick and Scarlett.

Not anymore. The story is now about two characters who can be just males or females. Rodrick and Scarlett is the concept leftover, thanks to complains on kickstarter.

At least origins actually let you choose your race, unlike DA2, which forced you to be human. If anything it's more like origins in that respect.

FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
Wiping hard drive and rebooting...

Please reinstall Windows.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Won't we be able to choose what we want the pc to be in mods or personnal modules anyway?

What i would like is to explore more of the land of the other races: dwarves, elves, lizardmen,orcs, imps.

DD also mentionned Hawkmen. Anychance to see them ingame ?

old hand
old hand
I'm confused Kein. How is Original Sin now close to being like Dragon Effect 2? I never even knew the two characters were originally pre-set characters. Everything seems the same otherwise...

Doubt you can choose your race. Every game thus far has featured human protagonists. Even The Dragon Knight was such just like The Divine and their forms are of humans even after they transformed. The DKS can simply turn into a dragon and the Divine has a spirit form.

I would like to see a return of the elves, dwarves and lizardfolk. Seeing as they're in Dragon Commander I don't see a reason why they'd be absent from Original Sin which takes place before DD where we observed a vast number of these races.

So far we know orcs are back. They're mentioned at least. Concept art also shows a dryad. One of those companions from that end-time dimension looks non-human so I can imagine we might have non-human companions who we can control at least.

Last edited by Demonic; 06/04/13 10:00 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'd like a playable/merc halfling so I/a modder can recreate The Order of the Stick. No real REASON, I guess.

addict
addict
I guess this is one feature that we've never had, so I don't feel it's lacking now. Divinity series games have always had a human protagonist.

stranger
stranger
But non human henchmen would be cool... guess $800k stretch goal will show us laugh

veteran
veteran
I agree flixerflax. I wouldn't mind or probably even notice if there were no playable non-humans this time either. I don't expect there to be non-human playable races either.

But that didn't stop me from thinking up some possible stat builds:

Human
STR: 5
DEX: 5
INT: 5
CON: 5
PER: 5
SPD: 5
Best Suited for: Any

Elf
STR: 4
DEX: 6
CON: 4
PER: 6
SPD: 5
Best Suited for: Ranger

Dwarf
STR: 6
DEX: 4
CON: 6
SPD: 4
Best Suited for: Fighter

Lizard
STR: 5
INT: 4
CON: 5
PER: 4
SPD: 6
Best Suited for: Rogue

Orc
STR: 6
DEX: 4
INT: 4
CON: 7
SPD: 4
Best Suited for: Tank

Imp
STR: 3
DEX: 5
INT: 7
Best Suited for: Mage

Halfling
STR: 4
Best Suited for: Burglar Thief

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Chaotic Heretic
But non human henchmen would be cool... guess $800k stretch goal will show us laugh

Yeah, I would love to see an Orc, Lizardmen, Elf, Dwarf or Imp henchmen smile They'd be perfectly fine lore-wise.

Last edited by Estrogen; 07/04/13 12:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
What if I want a fairy companion?

journeyman
journeyman
What if I want a fairy companion?

You should probably tell that to someone who cares.

Last edited by Estrogen; 07/04/13 12:25 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard