Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
enthusiast
enthusiast
Read the OP...

Really, are we sure it's not just a rumour?

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Originally Posted by Robcat
Read the OP...

Really, are we sure it's not just a rumour?

Its clearly and obviously fake, i even send in money to make sure of that wink

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
old hand
old hand
The Beyond Divinity hero told me it's a money making scam from Larian. So yes.

Last edited by Demonic; 06/04/13 10:02 PM.
veteran
veteran

veteran
veteran
I shouldn't have read these comments there:

An over 9000 joke? Are you fucking serious? I was hesitant to back this project because of that fucking arrow to the knee joke you made in your pitch video and now you're making an over 9000 joke? Is this game going to be filled with memes, Larian? Because if I see this shit one more time I'm withdrawing my pledge.

addict
addict
Did anybody find this part of the update weird?

At this moment, you could decide that Roderick needs help from Scarlett, and switch to Scarlett. You could guide her out of the black cove, accross the beach, over the hills and into Cyseal. Then when she would get close enough to the fight, she would automatically become part of combat.Or, you could switch to Scarlett to continue exploring the cave.

While you switch to Scarlett and control her, Roderick and his combat will still be "paused in his turn", awaiting your commands.

Let's keep Roderick stuck in time for a while, and just keep on exploring.

Uh....time just freezes for one character and not the other? No wonder day and night were not planned for this game - time has no meaning in Original Sin!

I fully expected the second paragraph there to read, "while you switch to Scarlett and control her, Roderick is getting his ass handed to him because you left him alone in the middle of a fight."

I had a hard enough time getting on board with a turn-based game, where combat is like a separate mini-game where the rules of time don't apply and characters take turns like chess players.

But now logic is taking a really hard hit with this concept. It's cool splitting characters up and having them do their own thing, but it hurts my brain to have one of the characters (and his opponents) frozen in time while the rest of the game-world continues on.

How would there be any urgency to help a companion stuck in a fight, when you could just continue on doing your own thing while the other is indefinitely paused?

Support
Support

I think if one character is in trouble and needs help, it would be expedient (especially playing co-op) for the other character to go help before they got caught in a fight themselves, or were thrown in jail, etc.

I don't really see this as a problem. How many people playing single player are going to want to split up their characters and play each of them separately? How many people playing co-op are going to keep playing co-op if one gets into trouble and the other ignores them indefinitely?
I suppose a time limit on each turn would solve the issue if it is determined to be a problem.

veteran
veteran
About Paypal :
I read on the Kickstart site this:

• But first, some announcements.

Yes, Paypal will be available as soon as we reach our goal. It's ready. We just need to upload the page. The pledges via Paypal will count along for our stretchgoals.

If I understand coorectly I can do a pledge via Paypal when the *400 000 is reached ?
But about the Stretchgoals :
will it all end at the end of the countdown of days left to go ? Or will the time remaining be updated to a later date ?
Sorry, this is my very first KS experience ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Uh....time just freezes for one character and not the other? No wonder day and night were not planned for this game - time has no meaning in Original Sin!

???
The local battlezone does not affect gameworld, the day/nightcycle still can be happening, it just all the characters who is in local battle will be acting under turn-based rules. I'm sure the time will pass as long as you stand and it may happen you can stand for day and night. I see no issues.

Support
Support

Yes, once the main goal is reached (or shortly after if that happens in the middle of the night there) Larian will update the page to start accepting Paypal.
The kickstarter ends at the end of the countdown. It is at least theoretically possible the Paypal option may last longer than that, or some form of pre-order set up with similar tiers. Since there is relatively little time left, though, I don't know if Larian would want to continue fundraising, and GOG is going to start taking pre-orders in a couple days.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein

???
The local battlezone does not affect gameworld, the day/nightcycle still can be happening, it just all the characters who is in local battle will be acting under turn-based rules. I'm sure the time will pass as long as you stand and it may happen you can stand for day and night. I see no issues.

That's exactly what's so bizarre about it - the sun will set, merchants will pack up and go home, come back the next morning, meanwhile, two characters will be standing amongst them, frozen in time, about to start a fight for hours and hours, or days and days.

The issue is just how divorced combat is from the rest of the gameworld. It's a flaw inherent in turn-based combat, but the latest update really drives that point home.

veteran
veteran
You see it as a flaw, I don't. This is turn-based "classic" (more or less) RPG, not world-simulator a-la Skyrim. It is still a game, remember it.

veteran
veteran
Kickstarter achieved 95 % funding today !! claphands

Tomorrow 100 % ? cheer

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
B
B
Originally Posted by Kein
You see it as a flaw, I don't. This is turn-based "classic" (more or less) RPG, not world-simulator a-la Skyrim. It is still a game, remember it.

Dunno, I can see his point. Maybe there should be a (generous) time limit per turn, like half a minute or something, just so it doesn't get TOO ridiculous. And if your buddy doesn't get there on time, that's bad luck then.

veteran
veteran
They've already said that the host can set up an optional time limit for turns. That's fine, I wouldn't want it restricted anyway. Being able to wander far away from your party member is one of the selling points.

veteran
veteran

veteran
veteran
$398,166 and counting!

We are almost there ^_^ Congratulations, Larian!

veteran
veteran
8 888 backers :

$400 003 !!

17 days left ... for Stretchgoals !

Edit:
Stretchgoals Explained:

500K - New Area: Your Homestead on the Shelter Plane At The End Of Time.

This sounds amazing !! I very like Zixzax the Almost wise, almost but ... biggrin

Last edited by Joram; 09/04/13 02:08 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
claphands birthdayjump horsey party cheer

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard