Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J747L #462437 10/04/13 10:22 AM
veteran
veteran
Actually, I got a different impression from the poster. Their expressions were those of determination, not happiness or bliss. The fact that they were holding hands showed that there was an iron bond between them - but not necessarily a bond of love. I actually found the juxtaposition of the hand-holding (which usually indicates romance) with the faces that showed no romance to be a very interesting combination.

It suggested that romance could possibly develop, but the most important thing was that these two people would take on the challenges ahead together.

Stabbey #462440 10/04/13 11:20 AM
I understand your point; in fact, I never thought myself of romance in Original Sin by seeing the poster (maybe because it's something I don't relate with Divinity games).

But... I also understand why people could expect romance from the poster. And I'm not sure if this is good for Larian, because romance in RPGs have the Bioware "touch" on them, and if people are expecting something like this... maybe they will suffer some disappointment -even more with the confirmed free sex customization of the couple-.

I'm not saying Larian is not capable of doing good romances, but I simply think that is not something they are very interested in. As for me, I would appreciate an approach to it in the Baldur's Gate 2 fashion -romances were there, but not as important as in later Bioware games-.

I'm curious, though, about how Larian would treat same sex romances, if the opportunity arises...

Zerael #462441 10/04/13 11:39 AM
lol at the thought of happiness or bliss. The dialogue system where your partner can disagree with you may lead to a bumpy road ahead.

J747L #462821 14/04/13 04:46 PM
stranger
stranger
As a female gamer, this thread is giving me a headache...

Idara #462826 14/04/13 05:21 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
As a male gamer, I said "dafuq"

If playing a girl in a video game repulse you because it breaks immersion, just think about a girl wanting to play games. She sure has great immersion playing Kratos getting a threesome.

Video games tells a story. If you refuse to play the sorceress in diablo II for immersion reason, man.... chill out. You get your turn with baldy guys, give the chance to the girls to get the same. And that doesn't mean the game will be bad.

The way you say it, it's pure sexism

Ikalios #462872 15/04/13 01:20 AM
M
mbf Offline
stranger
stranger
M
hahaha I had the same reaction as you Ikalios. I love the idea of women playing videogames before character creation was a thing...poor them frown. Of course, most people don't run into this psychological block. I also love the image of him getting immersed by playing characters that look like something he would probably never be able to pull off..not a personal attack, but a comment on how ridiculous some characters can look. I mean, if you can do this, what is the issue with getting into a female character? Is it just the potential to have kids that throws you off? I am playing in my head with all the implications that this type of "immersion" entails...it's incredibly hilarious.

I guess I take more stories from a third person point of view..I don't become the character, I see the story from the point of view of a creepy ghost following the character.

Personally, I tend to always choose female characters because they generally look less bulky than the male characters...Or, in the case of Soul Caliber, the male characters look plain ridiculous.

This forum has introduced me to some really new concerns people have over videogames.

mbf #462910 15/04/13 11:28 AM
veteran
veteran
Quite dumb concerns. Thanks to these people games like Catherine (or in similar concept) may never exist again. They see sexism in everything. Even where it is exact the damn point and idea.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard