Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh i understood that when going to your pocket home you had to waypoint out thus not being in the exact same spot anymore (in contrary to the pyramids)..thought that was the price of using this escape route

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
M
stranger
stranger
M
I received an E-mail saying that Dragon Commander was added as an add-on for 40$. I'd just like to get confirmation - that doesn't change anything for those who went for the limited 65$ pledge, right? We're still getting both games without any additional hassle?

Support
Support

There are no changes to the $65 tier, Dragon Commander is just now also an optional add-on for any of the tiers (at $25 or higher).

old hand
old hand
Shelter from the Storm reminds me of the Sanctuary from Fable 2.

Also, is that Macbeth speaking in the latest Kickstarter video? Haven't seem him around the forum for quite a while.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Wait, so Larian implemented PayPal for all Tiers now... except the 65$ Dragon Commander Tier. That's kind of meh, since Kickstarters still have the chance to get that package (~1000 of 2000 left). Hmkay let me wait another few days here, when nothing happens, I just go with D:OS alone.... smirk

veteran
veteran
I think that might be because it's hard or impossible to control how many people choose that option through PayPal, and since it's contractually limited, they have to control it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
But half of the Tiers are limited. smirk I guess it's more like they realized "Oh shit, 3 games for 65$? No one will buy DC in store if they can have it here, so let's keep this one really limited"

It's completely legit, but I'm still sad because I got my ass kicked one more time just because I don't own a F****** CREDIT CARD. And NO, I won't get one, it's definitely not worth 36€/year when I'm just needing it about 2-3 times per year. That's what PayPal is for... or should be....

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by virumor
Also, is that Macbeth speaking in the latest Kickstarter video? Haven't seem him around the forum for quite a while.

Yes indeed! smile
I've been crazy busy with dialogs and voice recordings for Dragon Commander, hence my absence on the forum.

I do still read through most of what is posted here though, and like everyone at Larian I follow the Kickstarter campaign very very closely.

It's great fun and very rewarding to see you guys and gals go wild over this game. If I find the time to comment more, or answer questions, I will! wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran

veteran
veteran
Passing on more important questions from SA:

Has Larian said anything about getting the Paypal option for the $65 Dragon Commander Tier open? Or if not, can someone at least get the $25 tier and then add-on $40 to their Paypal pledge to get Dragon Commander?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Passing on more important questions from SA:

Has Larian said anything about getting the Paypal option for the $65 Dragon Commander Tier open? Or if not, can someone at least get the $25 tier and then add-on $40 to their Paypal pledge to get Dragon Commander?

I was about to ask about the Paypal option for add-ons too as I am planning to put a pledge down for the $95 reward tier but also would like the digital download for dragon commander.

Instead of going via the manage pledge option; would it be possible to do this by donating to the $95 tier then again via the $40 tier but adding a message via the 'special instructions' stating I would rather have the Dragon Commander than the awards for the $40 tier?

I cannot do Amazon payments too =(

Last edited by Natsu; 12/04/13 09:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
Got a reply, the word is "unfortuantely, no."

Originally Posted by "DeathKnight_Larian

Stabbey: you can preorder DC over at www.larianvault.com or at www.gog.com

The tier with DC is a limited one-off. We have agreements with distributors etc about sales and pricing for DC. We need to adhere to those contracts. We were "allowed" this one tier on Kickstarter if it were limited.

It is true that we are independent and that both games are ours, but that doesn't mean we don't have investors and agreements. KS money goes into development of DOS, not of DC.

(I'm not the best guy to explain this, but this is the gist.)

At the moment, PayPal are tiers only, no add-ons. We need to talk internally about add-ons via other methods, esp the way we're gonna organize that smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Kein
KICKSTARTER UPDATE #12

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/451589

Shelter from the Storm

If things get a bit much for you on the battlefield and you see no other option than to flee, you can quickly retreat to your Shelter Plane and catch your breath. After all, there's no shame in surviving, and when you feel ready to head out again, you can simply pick your waypoint of choice.Of course, you'll need a bit of space to make the transition, so make sure your enemies are not too close when seeking shelter...

What the point of flee then? There is no reason to use it if you can just warp into your secret home anytime you want. Technically, it is a huge exploit and you won't lose any battle with it.

It's not an exploit because your enemies are still there when you come back. In a real time RPG you mostly have the chance to run away as well and come back later when you have a better strategy, equipment or experience.

But I think - and that's what also is written in the text - that you shouldn't be able to flee easily if you are in close combat. Then there should be at least the chance that the enemy could hit you before your attempt to flee succeds (an additional initiative throw for the enemy).

We understand that health/mana regeneration is absent in the game, but since it's a home, item usage are available to you. You can empty a gallon of health potions/mana potions (via healing w/ magic) when you're at home. This is a potential exploit especially on crucial battles such as boss fights.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
C
stranger
stranger
C
Ok, so no Dragon Commander for PayPal... *sigh* ... but it's okay, I just pledged 40$ and it's still a good deal! Looking forward to buy DC in stores.

apprentice
apprentice
As time pass, I fear the million is out of reach.
I'm quite scared, because the million stretch goal is, imho, the most important one along with the second.
It might not look like it is, but everything which benefit to the depth of the gameplay will benefit to the editor, and I believe the editor will keep the game and its community alive, on the long run.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love the other stretch goals to be part of the product, but I don't think they're a priority, especially the homestead.
Has Larian thought about delaying the countdown if they're not getting the million ?
On a side note, I didn't read anything about it, so I'm asking the question : Will the physical tiers be shipped in the English version or the localized one, according to your country ? It might sounds dumb to ask and it'll probably be asked when it'll come to ship it, but who know, Kickstarter being an american platform, it's not so stupid.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Celo
Ok, so no Dragon Commander for PayPal... *sigh* ... but it's okay, I just pledged 40$ and it's still a good deal! Looking forward to buy DC in stores.

You can preorder DC on the Larian Vault. The money doesn't count to the D:SO kickstarter then (unfortunately) but at least all the money goes directly to Larian. wink

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Asyreon
I'm quite scared, because the million stretch goal is, imho, the most important one along with the second.
It might not look like it is, but everything which benefit to the depth of the gameplay will benefit to the editor, and I believe the editor will keep the game and its community alive, on the long run.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love the other stretch goals to be part of the product, but I don't think they're a priority, especially the homestead.
Has Larian thought about delaying the countdown if they're not getting the million ?
On a side note, I didn't read anything about it, so I'm asking the question : Will the physical tiers be shipped in the English version or the localized one, according to your country ? It might sounds dumb to ask and it'll probably be asked when it'll come to ship it, but who know, Kickstarter being an american platform, it's not so stupid.

1) Don't give up so early. There is a high chance that there will be a spike in pledging at the last two days of the campaign after kickstarter sent out all the "remind me" e-mails to the people who clicked on that button on kickstarter (48 hours before the end).

2) It's quite possible that the paypal store will be open a bit longer than the campaign. Most big game projects did so and I hope that Larian will do so as well, at least if the stretch goals haven't been reched at the end of the kickstarter campaign (but they should include an option for pledging for add-ons via paypal as soon as possible).

3) Homesteads or strongholds have a tradition in Larian games. If you played Divinity 2 for example you probably remember the Battle Tower which was quite a cool feature (at least I liked it a lot). So I think that the homestead is with good reason a priority to the developers at Larian and to the fans of the Divinity series. Personally, I like every single stretch goal and each one will offer real improvements and extensions to the game. So let's hope we will reach them all.

4) The game will always be the same version no matter if you pledged for a digital or physical version. All offered languages will be included. But I guess that there will probably be only one "kickstarter collector's box" which will be in English I guess (but only the text on the box not the game itself).

Last edited by LordCrash; 14/04/13 02:16 AM.

WOOS
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Asyreon

They could put the 800k stretch goal as future dlc should the kickstarter+paypal not reach that high. I doubt it'll hit the million dollar goal as well though, which is a shame because this kickstarter has shown actual gameplay and such instead of just an idea for a game. They've also been throwing us so many updates and fun things.

veteran
veteran

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
A question, I saw the exclusive in-game items for both Original Sin and Dragon Commander for who buyed the Anthology. THis is only for who buyed in Larian's Vault?

The DLC items for DC and D:OS were in the retail version of the anthology (through the Larian Vault or elsewhere), since they were added at the request of one of the retail distributors (see a reply to a comment in the blog post Hatching the Anthology).

However, at least for Dragon Commander there was a Chinese New Year DLC promo offer early last year. The webpage is still up, so you can try submitting your email address to get in on the deal (as long as you don't mind silver instead of gold). I have not gotten any announcements from signing up (despite leaving the option checked to get updates), so you don't have to worry about getting on any mailing lists, etc.

Thanks for the answer, already reserved my silverfire

Wow ... just reading through the thread and figured I'd try the webpage above just to see if it still worked.

I'm signed up for my code! Thank you! smile

Growing older is mandatory.
Growing up is optional.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard