Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Kingslayer #463298 19/04/13 06:59 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Adding a little flair to the interface to make it resemble the interface of Divinity 1 and Beyond would be most welcome.

Death and glory!
Support
Support

The current UI is temporary; the actual design / artwork hasn't been done yet (I assume there is not much point until the game is close to being feature complete and there isn't likely going to be changes made that would effect the UI).

Raze #463336 20/04/13 12:26 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I'm all for exposing as many graphics options as are reasonable to be able to adjust.
Getting rid of the slight green tint was good, but IMNSHO only a minor increase in contrast was required. In cave A, for example, in the after shot most of the visual information about the path the characters are on is lost: depth (where is starts leading down), width (exactly where the path stops and the stalagmites begin) and just details in general.

IMO I like the new contrast in the visuals, a lot tbh. It's definitely not over the top, not at all. Dark areas should be dark, that's ok for me. I would like some "really" dark areas for which you need a torch/lamp to navitagte properly (not as extreme as in Dark Souls 2 but in that direction). That would really enhance immersion because it reflects real lighting conditions much better than the "everything is bright and visible at first sight" which is so popular in many games....

WOOS
Raze #463351 20/04/13 06:13 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

The current UI is temporary; the actual design / artwork hasn't been done yet (I assume there is not much point until the game is close to being feature complete and there isn't likely going to be changes made that would effect the UI).

Ok since its placeholder ui I really hope they make it like the one from Divinity 1

Death and glory!
ForkTong #463414 20/04/13 10:21 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I like colourful and the blandification of a lot of games in order to make it 'realistic' does the opposite in my opinion. Life is colourful. Okay it's a great contrast for spell effects having a muted brown background but it's not nice generally. I'm not worried. Divinity 2 is beautiful.

Catelee2u #463417 20/04/13 11:29 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Whatever you do, just don't make me go through stuff like this again, Took me hours to find the bloody pentagrams...
[Linked Image]

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
theBlackDragon #463423 21/04/13 12:32 AM
veteran
veteran
I liked the part in the GamersDissent video in which David told that there were some people at Larian who didn't want to indicate traesures graphically and who wanted you to be forced to find them by pure coincidence or by just a rough description....THAT'S old-school..... laugh

WOOS
LordCrash #463429 21/04/13 05:32 AM
old hand
old hand
LOL BlackDragon, it took me HOURS just to get through that dungeon...

Demonic #463434 21/04/13 07:47 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
@black and @lc, just done fiona's dungeon (or elena or something)..pfffff smile

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard