Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#463782 24/04/13 01:52 AM
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So, is there a limitation on the almighty ALT key to see all items?

I'm just curious when you showed us the key behind the carpet on the latest update if using the alt key will reveal the key behind the carpet. In one of the LP with a youtube personality, pressing the alt key also revealed things inside the houses!
I'm assuming it could also do those behind something like a carpet..

Hope this can be fixed if it really is a problem!

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I suggested some kind of flag that could be added to items "Does not show up on ALT press" for things that should be kept secret. Of course, the player would need to be told that could happen.

Support
Support

The easiest / quickest thing to do is to show everything (also probably useful during development/testing). Refining this is presumably on the to-do list when the UI starts to be finalized, etc (if Larian was initially going to use keyword dialogs to prevent the screen from becoming more of a wall of text, I doubt they want Alt showing things you can not even reach from your current location, etc.

Interesting question indeed... alhough, I remember them saying that secrets are not revealed as easily as other interactive objects. Maybe some objects are labeled as "secret" and are not showed by the "alt" key or mouse hovering.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hold alt to reveal items.

Hold shift to reveal secrets.

Problem solved lololololololol.

But yeah, a lot of stuff has yet to be finalised and tweaked. It'll become clear when they really start working on UI, like Raze said.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!

Link Copied to Clipboard