Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello there, two weresheep embark on an epic quest to the Larian Studios to enhance the kickstarter wrap-up party for Divinity: Original Sin.

[Linked Image]
Dwelfusius and yours truly

We arrived at Larian Studios around 5.45pm LST (Larian Studios Timezone). All Larian employees were still hard at work and we were directed to a sofa where we had to wait until the kickstarter campaign ended and David and Swen finished their live playing session.

[Linked Image]
Larian@work (or are they?)

We got a good feel of the atmosphere at Larian Studios and while everyone is working every detail in the office remind people they are creating magical games people around the world enjoy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They work so hard there, they even forget to put the christmas tree away after December.

[Linked Image]
At Larians, it's alway christmas.

But after the work is done, it was party time! Everyone was very excited the kickstarter campaign ended very close to 1 million dollars (995k). A couple of minutes later Swen announced Paypal pushed the counter above 1 million and all stretch goals were achieved.

[Linked Image]
Party time!

After the first (and second... and third...) glass of champagne was consumed, two gigantic pies were brought into the room.

[Linked Image]
The cake is not a lie!

Kirill performed live for us all during the first hours of the party. Kirill was so in his element one moment his synthesizer dropped dead on the floor. I guess this was also live on Twitch TV. Luckily the synthesizer was not broken and Kirill could play further. The mood was already very loose and people were enjoying theirself, but that event really set the party loose.

[Linked Image]
Kirill with still an intact synthesizer.

Dwelfusius and I also got the opportunity to play Divinity: Original Sin. If anyone still has doubts, don't! This game is good! The co-op play is very unique and sets this game apart from anything you have ever seen before. This might set a new standard for co-op play in these kind of games. Dwelfusius and I would also make great beta-testers, because we were able to crash the game every five minutes. All in all, we played for about an hour and a half. That's not that much, but we got a good feel of the game and we wanted to enjoy the party with the other Larian employees and friends and family.

[Linked Image]
Boot that game already! We want to play!

Also Patrick wandered in to enjoy the party.

[Linked Image]
Do your breakdancing Patrick!

Last edited by DarthDavy; 27/04/13 12:51 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Swen didn't forget about us Weresheep. He gave us personal attention and he put his whole company at work for a signing session for us.

[Linked Image]
Don't spill booze on that!!!

After that the party went on for many more hours with lots of booze, but I had to sign a NDA to not report what happens within the walls of Larian Studios. What happens at Larian, stays at Larian. If I break this promise I'l die a horrible death and suffer for eternity in the fires of hell.

I'd like to thank Swen and everyone at Larian personally for having me at their Kickstarter wrap-up party. To be at Larian is a teenage dream come true for me and it was a great party. I enjoyed myself greatly and this was surely one of the best parties I attended this year. I had a very enjoyable evening. Thank you! thankyou

And last but not least. We, Weresheep as true RPG-ists couldn't leave the premises without some phat loot!
[Linked Image]

Told you guys I was going to make you jealous wave

Last edited by DarthDavy; 27/04/13 12:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
You bastards hahaha
and yes, I'm jealus

Thanks for the write up, sounds like you're had great fun. Thanks for representing us and I'm surer jealous of the digs and box, I have only the version from GOG.

apprentice
apprentice
Lucky bastards. *Grumbles about living in the USA and the travel distance.*

I am glad you all had a good time, and thanks for the write-up! laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Awesome!

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
addict
addict
Nice article and photos smile

Thanks for the great write-up! smile

Love the loot you got, and playing the game for 1.5 h. Colour me green!

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
stranger
stranger
Thanks for all of the pics and the report weresheeps, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. cheer

And lol at all the signed weresheep pics. party

Kickstarter memories - The Wierd
*Amanda Restless Weresheep of Sin* laugh
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the write-up and good to hear you had fun!

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
journeyman
journeyman
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to the fan day now.

stranger
stranger
Nice boxes though I am more jealous of the signatures/sheep drawings the Larians did than the boxes themselves. :p

I am getting the digital anthology as an addon from my pledge and I move so much that I usually appreciate digital things over physical....unless they have awesome signatures/sheep drawings lol.

G
G
ohhh envious as hell, but really happy you guys enjoyed it, and now your going to do a raffle for all that fat loot since you already got to go to the party =P j/k enjoy the loot!!!

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
journeyman
journeyman
very good report, thanks for sharing

addict
addict
Awesome! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! laugh

Thanks for the report, I really appreciate it! smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
got some pics too but busy with kiddies,it'l be for this evening or tomorrow =) Nice job Davy, very neat..

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
enthusiast
enthusiast
you should..

it's going to be awesome..

Actually the guy that says that is uber-chill..all of them are but I thought he was very relaxed smile

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
old hand
old hand
Even if I am anti-sheep this was a great report; thanks for the write-up and photos.

Last edited by meme; 27/04/13 05:27 PM.
I should have killed you at the station :p

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
old hand
old hand
Sheeps killing sheeps - now that is something that would be appealing smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard