Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Jhonrock #465915 07/05/13 04:12 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yep +1 to library

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
Jhonrock #465932 07/05/13 08:34 PM
addict
addict
nice one, I do not want to stock all my books in my trunk anymore !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Chaotica #466146 11/05/13 09:00 AM
stranger
stranger
What would you guys say to an action camera à la XCOM:EU?

I could do with or without, but I like how it gives you a sense of being in the thick of a skirmish.

Last edited by Zefram; 11/05/13 09:00 AM.
Zefram #466149 11/05/13 09:26 AM
Support
Support

There is a fixed (though zoom-able) isometric camera in D:OS. I have not played XCOM, but from a couple reviews I'm not really a big fan of the overhead camera bobbing and panning around; the third person camera could be effective at helping immersion, but at least in the tutorial (I assume) section in a Youtube video, the switches for a second or two were just annoying.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #466150 11/05/13 09:33 AM
stranger
stranger
Glad to be here

/bow

laugh

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OMG you can read
Cmon People. I WANT CLOTHING! Remember old Morrowind, where u could wear any clothing you wanted and above it armor? That's like my favorite part of the game. The ability to change the character in the way you want it!

Agreed, anything which adds more customisability to the character is great!! Especially features which are wholly unique to a character alone. Different clothing is just fun and can change the mood completely. Jewellery, hairstyles and tattoos are cool too. Having some permanent changes to a character with consequences is also good because it makes you have to think seriously about whether you want it or not and adds to the fun and replayability. I can't think of specific examples but to make one up....if you have your eyes changed to red you can never join a certain faction or some such.

Last edited by Catelee2u; 12/05/13 04:42 AM.
Stabbey #466187 12/05/13 04:58 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stabbey
In some cases, there are items that are supposed to be hidden for the player to explore and actually search. What I think would be a good reward to teach players to search would be a flag for pickupable/interactable items: "Does not show up on press of ALT key".

Yep wonderful, exploration has to be worthwhile and doing what you said makes it so. If it's optional that's okay. I also like hidden areas and secrets which take a lot of skill to find and cannot be found without persistence. Exploration bonuses are sometimes good too and to keep it logical to story perhaps someone can pay you to find something hidden or map an area.

Arhu #466188 12/05/13 05:09 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like it to feel like women are included as players of the game. In some games it feels like it is made for men only and with no thought to female players.I haven't found this with DD. I'm not saying go all feminist or over the top but just have consideration. An example is another game where there are hundreds of love interests for male characters and 3 rubbish ones for the female characters. Personally I find gender irrelevant to most things but when a choice is provided it's nice to be included. Dialogues that say 'he' and 'him' or 'sir' to female characters although sometimes amusing are just sloppy. I don't know maybe just turn everyone into hermaphrodites!!

Estrogen #466189 12/05/13 05:15 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I know some people have asked for grimmer and darker graphics but to be honest I like colour and colour is more lifelike. Life is colourful. Some areas are naturally grittier and darker. I love how the game looks so far from the videos I've seen and think it's just right. The blandification or boringness of dingy brown and washed out grey in most games is just getting cliched. Probably a nice balance is okay. Variety is great too.

dwelfusius #466190 12/05/13 05:45 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Yogic skills for a sort of paladin or clerical class...the flying yogi..maybe related to the air element causing levitation perhaps to avoid acid on the floor. Sufi whirling dervish causing area damage. Thinking of other elements: Walking on fire or hot coals damage free, walking on water or parting seas, maybe mana can be gained from chi in rocks or something. Magic mantras and chanting could be related. There could be spells to channel your ancestors to do heap big damage or gain universal energy.

I usually play a roguiesh type (certainly first playthrough if not most). Teleporting to the back of enemies to backstab is nice. I like some loot to be only available to rogues through lockpicking or pickpocketing and likewise with traps and disarming. I saw those funky suicide bomber characters and it would be fun if you could sneak up on them and sometimes rewire their bombs and sneak back and when they are running into combat maybe you can detonate them yourself when they are near a group of enemies.

Catelee2u #466200 12/05/13 04:47 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Catelee2u
[...]

Well, these ideas have already been proposed earlier in the topics, nothing new, but :

- Gender recognition is already part of the game.
- Generally I prefer darker graphics, but currently the balance is good imo, there's no need for a serious modification. It fits the spirit of the game, which balance soft and darker tones.
As said earlier, countless times, an option to change the graphics will certainly satisfy the crowd.
- There are no classes, so you're free to make a "rogue" or whatever you like to play.
As for the skills, this is a western inspired fantasy universe, and though it can occasionally be inspired by eastern concepts, there can't be such things as yoga, mantras or chi, which are completely off the spirit of fantasy stories (I mean, the names, not the concepts).
Maybe a kind of martial arts can be considered, but I don't think confusing the player with other forms of spiritual energies (mantras/chi/whatever) when mana is already doing the job is relevant.

P.S. : Merge your ideas into a single post next time.
P.P.S. : This is not adressed to you catelee2u but to the crowd : Read the forum before posting, or at least the thread you're posting on, a lot of your "ideas" have already been suggested and debated. Debating further the subject is okay, but re-posting it as if it were completely new is... Boring. This is one of my biggest "wishes".

Last edited by Asyreon; 12/05/13 05:02 PM.
Asyreon #466224 13/05/13 11:12 AM
apprentice
apprentice
- Map markers! I am currently 25 hours into Divine Divinity (never played the series before, want to have played them all before D:OS) and I really like setting custom map markers for all interesting npc's/locations
- Return the pyramids: It's a lovely method of transportation, even though I keep forgetting to pick them up again smile

boe2 #466229 13/05/13 11:46 AM
veteran
veteran
Map markers are in, and if you forget to pick the pyramids up, it's your own fault, just like last time.

- I do hope there's a right-click "drop-and-use" option for the pyramids.

Stabbey #466240 13/05/13 12:22 PM
Yeah, nothing more frustrating then accedentally activating the pyramid wink

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Stabbey #466648 25/05/13 02:11 PM
veteran
veteran
In the Pre-alpha videos, there was a scene in the market where a guy takes a fish, and a guard asks us if he paid or not. We don't know Our only two conversation options are:

[Lie] We saw him pay.
[Lie] He didn't pay. (We don't actually know this.)

You're forced to lie and say you saw what happened. It's not a big deal, I probably wouldn't miss it if it wasn't in, but I'd like for more options in addition to those ones:

"I didn't see, but with no proof of wrongdoing, you should let him go."
"I didn't see, but he seems suspicious of me. You should detain him."

Those are functionally identical to "we saw him pay"/"he stole it", without you lying.

Stabbey #466651 25/05/13 05:22 PM
stranger
stranger
I haven't the time to read all these great pages, but my question is : "Will be Dragon Kights present in Original Sin ?"
Ok, may be some gamers are really fed up with them, but not me. =D
And I imagine that the story will take place at the time of the war between the Wizard Council and Behrlihn and Co, so Dragons, Maxos in particular, took aside of this sordid story.
I hope that many obscure points in Rivellon history - and also in each character history too - will be revelated. (Who is Bellegard's mother ?)

~
Stabbey #466655 25/05/13 07:54 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Stabbey
You're forced to lie and say you saw what happened.

In a different gameplay video it was shown that the guy does make a comment about the merchant being gone and steals the fish. They may just need to adjust when that gets triggered and make sure it has focus, so the guards don't ask you about something you didn't actually see.

Raze #466666 26/05/13 12:17 PM
old hand
old hand
I wish by the magic of wishing this game was available today instead of 6+ months from now.

meme #466668 26/05/13 01:50 PM
veteran
veteran
In one of the Youtuber videos, someone mentioned that the ground effects - water surface, fire surface, ice surface would stay on the ground forever once placed. Leaving aside the issues that could cause for traveling NPC's, it's not that realistic. In our world, eventually, the lava will cool, the ice will melt to water, the water will evaporate.

I think that the surfaces should also return to normal about 24 hours after they were created. Maybe there could be four stages. By default: Hours 0-6 - full strength, hours 7-12, 75% strength, 13-18 50% strength, 19-24 25% strength.

Different environments could have different rates of degradation as well. Cyseal looks to be warm and sunny, so ice will melt faster, water will evaporate faster, but fire won't be affected and stay the full duration. That snow level I saw a screenshot of once will have fire degrade quickly, water freeze, and ice will stay longer. The Dark forest is damp, cool and gets little sun, so fire degrades a bit faster, ice remains a bit longer, water evaporates much more slowly.

Stabbey #466700 27/05/13 10:30 PM
veteran
veteran
Capes!!! Capes which cover armors and capes with hoods that can be switched on and off. That's one of my biggest wishes.... smile

WOOS
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard