Next Thread
Print Thread
#466198 12/05/13 03:14 PM
Nevets Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Good Game,

Ending not bad, objectives completed and left you wanting more. But guess no more Dragon Knight (looking at the 2 new game on the horizon). Just one thing thats bugging me .. whats with the WHITE CAT? (ending squence) been awhile since i played the original divinity 2 and for the life of me can not remember if you come across a white cat during the game....

Keep up the good work, maybe one day I can leave my dragon tower again and maybe find a dragon lady on my travels :)but then there would be 2 Dragons, abit of an over kill.. lol been spoilt by Bio.. ( slaps wrist, mentioning the competition .. just adds an extra dimension to the game.

Thanks

I am who I am ...and I am Very Tired
Support
Support

There was a white cat in Divine Divinity named Arhu, a wizard friend of Zandalor who had turned himself into a cat by accident and had been unable to change back. That character will be in Divinity: Original Sin, in human form; in Divinity 2, all he got was that cameo.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's said that one of Larian's next games will be Divinity 3 which will finish off the story arc of the Divine Vs Damian however nothing has been confirmed; it's just speculation. From what I can gather I don't think there are any plans to continue the Dragon Knight's story unless he/she fits into the story of Divinity 3 maybe as a sidekick or NPC. I'd love to be proved wrong though...

I think the style of their next game will be determined by the feedback and sales of D:OS and D:DC i.e if they go for another isometric view or 3rd person 3D game.

Last edited by Arokh; 13/05/13 11:58 AM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Nevets Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks

I had a feeling that i had come across a white cat somewhere, just could not place it.. now that itch has been scratched laugh

A 3rd Divinity would be nice ...

Support
Support

Actually, it has been confirmed that Divinity 3 will finish off the story arc of D:OS / DD / BD / Divinity 2; we just don't have any details on the content or timing. Nothing has been mentioned about another dragon knight based RPG, but IMNSHO it would be unfortunate if Larian did nothing else with that concept, or relegated it just to Dragon Commander sequels.

Nevets Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Good to know, guess will be awhile, will be picking up Divinity:OS when its released in the meantime. Not sure about Dragon Commander, My 2 favourite genres are RPG`s and strategy games ... so will wait and make a decision on that one when it released.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

Actually, it has been confirmed that Divinity 3 will finish off the story arc of D:OS / DD / BD / Divinity 2; we just don't have any details on the content or timing. Nothing has been mentioned about another dragon knight based RPG, but IMNSHO it would be unfortunate if Larian did nothing else with that concept, or relegated it just to Dragon Commander sequels.

I didn't know that was confirmed but it's great news; have you got a link to that so I can see what Lar said? As it's the sequel to Divinity 2 I think it would naturally be a 3D 3rd person game. Playable character, well I'm not sure about if it will be the Divine or DK or maybe both. It would seem stupid to have a Divinity 3 and not finish the Dragon Knight's story in that game but yet the Divine's story needs finishing too...

I knew Dragon Commander was initially just a test to see how the dragon combat mechanics could be tested for a possible Divinity 3 but ended up being a full seperate game. This shows that Larian are at least considering having the Dragon Knight in the sequel. However as I mentioned above the story arc is about Damian vs. the Divine so how they are going to fit it all together is anyone's guess. It would be interesting to see what they come up with.

Last edited by Arokh; 13/05/13 09:00 PM.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Support
Support

There have been a couple forum topics debating whether the dragon knight or Divine (or both/neither) should be the one dealing with Damian in Divinity 3. Personally, I think a new character would be much easier to balance the game for, without having to come up with some excuse to reset the Divine One's abilities or introduce opponents which could challenge someone blessed by the gods with the save or destroy the world. It would make more sense IMNSHO to have the Divine and Damian locked in n even battle, and a new character tasked with gathering a new council of seven, or something, to tip the balance of power.

If the player character will be a dragon knight, or otherwise able to fly, then a third person camera would work best. Otherwise, just being a sequel to Divinity 2 wouldn't make that camera style any more likely than isometric.

There have been earlier mentions of Divinity 3, but from Divinity – Original Sin revealed

The next cause for surprise was that Divinity – Original Sin wasn’t a continuation Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. That was one that could be predicted. I could tell you a lot of blah of how we needed to first fill in some gaps in the storyline before we end the story of Damian & his father, but the main reason is that we really did feel like doing something different. I know that some people feel disappointed that they have to wait a bit longer, especially those who only got into Divinity because of DKS, but the desire to go back to the first Divinity was quite strong, especially since there’s so much stuff we can do now which we couldn’t at the time.

For awhile after 'project E' (Original Sin) was announced, people in the forum assumed it would be Divinity 3. Even before FoV and DKS were released it was known there would be a third Divinity game to finish off the story with Damian.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks Raze that was the quote I was looking for. My gut feeling is they are going for another 3D 3rd person game somehow combining the DK and Divine into the story. I have no idea & cannot guess how they will do this. One thing I'm certain of though, dragon combat will be a part of it.

I'm a newcomer to the Divinity universe and only got into it because of DKS like many others. I bought Larian's past games as well after finishing DKS twice and enjoyed them. I have to admit though I do prefer the full 3D world of DKS.

Last edited by Arokh; 13/05/13 09:26 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard