Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#464817 27/04/13 12:19 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I used to look forward to these everyday laugh and watch Original Sin KS Page like forever when not in school or at work :P. Now that it's over. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR LOOK FORWARD TO frown Love watching Larian Studios's updates cheer

There is indeed an urgent need for AALKSUA:
Anonymous Addicts of Larian KS Updates Association. It seems I am member two of that fine establishment. Now, let's confess. I'm still obsessed with Kirill's update song. How about you?

Last edited by Indira Weresheep; 27/04/13 12:23 PM.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
journeyman
journeyman
Me too... and that was my last Kickstarter project for the moment. I hope they post another one soon telling us exactly how much money was received, and continue with (fairly) regular updates until the game is released. It's really depressing when you've been getting new screens and videos every couple of days, and then the campaign ends and everything goes quiet for weeks on end.

stranger
stranger
The update song, it wont go out of my brain, but it keeps me smiling.
I hope Larian will coutinue doing these updates every one or two weeks. Maybe showing us the bug of the week and such things. And I hope for an orchestral version of the update song with an epic choir.
@Indira: I would instantly join AALKSUA^^

Me too, need more Kirill update song along with Swen, David and crew.

Hangovers bedamned! Get to work.

stranger
stranger
I don't know if this will help to stave off symptoms or not...

http://youtu.be/hBzvF7duw9s

Also, just noticed that someone in the YouTube comments suggested that the song play in the game launcher when there's an update available... Sounds like one of the best possible uses of the song with the game to me. think

Last edited by Mike P; 27/04/13 04:56 PM.

If nothing that we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. - Whedon
veteran
veteran
Update #40 - From the Trenches

Three videos, a Dark forest review meeting (very, very minor spoilers), an update on the progres of upgrading the Larian Vault is, and an update on what Kirill is doing about the orchestra and sheet music.

apprentice
apprentice
This latest update has stopped the cravings for now but I too am trolling kickstarter, the web and the forums for any updates. I love going back and watching previous videos. Can't wait for Dragon Commander and the alpha/betas to quench my thirst for Divinity laugh

Love the updates, I thought I was cured until now.

Can't wait to hear the music for D:OS, it's going to be awesome! Also, glad they are putting killer trees in the forest.

Last edited by Von_Rotten; 26/05/13 06:54 AM.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
addict
addict
hahahaha true the music of the updates is really awesome !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
Waiting for update #41..... smile

WOOS
veteran
veteran
There was just an update on Friday, sheesh. I'd much rather the Larian team focused their scarce web-updating time on trickling out more details about Dragon Commander over the course of the next 36 days.

Basically, do for Dragon Commander a much smaller scale version of what they did for Original Sin in the Kickstarter. One day reveals another princess, one day reveals a general, one day reveals a unit, one day a faction, a unit, a dragon skill, they've probably got more than 36 different things they can reveal.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
There was just an update on Friday, sheesh. I'd much rather the Larian team focused their scarce web-updating time on trickling out more details about Dragon Commander over the course of the next 36 days.

Basically, do for Dragon Commander a much smaller scale version of what they did for Original Sin in the Kickstarter. One day reveals another princess, one day reveals a general, one day reveals a unit, one day a faction, a unit, a dragon skill, they've probably got more than 36 different things they can reveal.

I would love to hear more facts about DC. smile

@Larian
Any update/decision on your old/new "review copy distribution policy"? When do you sent out review copies to the press (if you do it)?

WOOS
veteran
veteran
A guy made a comment on Swen's last blog entry that he worked for a publication, and he would not take kindly to developers dictating which reviewer should be the one to review a specific game, and in fact, just asking could mean that they might not even review it at all.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
A guy made a comment on Swen's last blog entry that he worked for a publication, and he would not take kindly to developers dictating which reviewer should be the one to review a specific game, and in fact, just asking could mean that they might not even review it at all.

I know. I'm the guy who responded to him.... wink

But in the end, it's Swen's/Larian's decision how to handle review copy distribution (I don't think that Larian won't give review copies to major sites but I hope that they will give review copies to many other "fitting" people....)

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
I don't work for publication, but I still do think so called "major" sites are most of time just marketing tools. And too bad that smaller studios would try pretty hard to get a decent reviewer to review their game, while big studio would probably don't give a fuck since they buy most ADs anyway.

Not even youtuber are trust worthy these days, you can just see in their eyes that they struggle pretty hard to recommend some games in their video.

To be honest, I wish this kickstarter support by track-record and result trend to continue, so that [smaller] developers could just making games and profits, without being bullied around by presses and publishers.

I do know how press business works, I wrote articles/reviews for local game magazine before(2000~2007). And I just pass whenever games set a "lower bound" score that sent my way, someone else can do that( usually the poor editor himself.) Otherwise the publisher will threat to pull ADs and stop giving out info to the magazine, and that's how it works now as well, despite digitally. No early access, no viewership, no revenue, simple as that.

Been away for a while, got busy, lost interest in games etc. When I came back, larian's front page greeted me with "1.000.000 Achieved"

Cool!

I must admit I was wrong though. Back then when Larian asked for opinions about Kickstarter I was one of the few who were critical of the idea.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
We need a true update on the final stretch goal. The only thing we got was a rushed short video because it was the last day of the campaign. However, we got no information how weather impacts npcs and monsters and what the different phases of the moon actually do. Also we never got any information on exactly how in depth the npc schedules are. I have read and seen a few post alluding to a ultima 7 type of depth but I want a full fledged update on these things. It has been over a month since the game got the funding for the goal and nothing more about that stretch goal even though all the other stretch goals got in depth updates.

veteran
veteran
Larian is a bit busy with Dragon Commander in the final couple of weeks of tweaks and fixes before it goes gold.

They're also working on upgrading the Larian Vault for better Kickstarter pledge management, which will still take another week or two.

I imagine that they probably haven't fully decided exactly what the weather effects and such will do, they didn't actually imagine they'd make the $1M goal. The update on that will come, I just wouldn't expect it until after July 3.

veteran
veteran
I also think that we can expect MUCH more on D:OS once Dragon Commander is released. We have to understand that probably the whole studio has to work a lot in these last days before release, especially the guys in charge like Swen. wink

WOOS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard