meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Just 5 more weeks till release !

meme #466634 24/05/13 02:36 PM
veteran
veteran
Yep! I can't wait to start promoting and hyping Dragon Commander on other websites! Just as soon as there's some actual new information, like additional Personalities, Factions, Units, Cards, and Dragon Skills, or even a few questions answered, I can resurrect the older thread on the Something Awful forums (15th spot in number of Kickstarte referrals, raised 10k).

Just, uh... say the word...

Any... any little information at all will do.

*cheep**cheep*

No rush or anything...

journeyman
journeyman
I know how you feel Stabbey, there is little to no information or new gameplay videos to get hyped over. The game has gone gold right? It's going to be released soon anyhow. Where's their marketing team then? I would also love some new information about the game. I hope they have the time and inclination to do that soon, otherwise the game will get a cold release.

Last edited by Fernando; 24/05/13 04:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Thirty days to go. I know Larian can turn on the hype machine when they want to - they managed a crazy amount of updates for their Kickstarter.

It's not even listed on Steam's "Coming Soon" page.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Thirty days to go. I know Larian can turn on the hype machine when they want to - they managed a crazy amount of updates for their Kickstarter.

We'll probably have an update tomorrow. I can't wait. 30 days of continuous PR is ideal. To keep track of the effect of PR, Larian should keep in mind of forum posts not only on their sites but on others. Should also account for unique registers/posters and whatnot. I'm noticing a decline # of posts recently due to lack of information of the game. During Kickstarter, every time I open larian forums, there are new posts on D:OS and/or DC, and that was twice a day. Yesterday, I saw a 2 day old post as new.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
henryv #466831 03/06/13 03:00 AM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by henryv

We'll probably have an update tomorrow. I can't wait. 30 days of continuous PR is ideal. To keep track of the effect of PR, Larian should keep in mind of forum posts not only on their sites but on others. Should also account for unique registers/posters and whatnot. I'm noticing a decline # of posts recently due to lack of information of the game. During Kickstarter, every time I open larian forums, there are new posts on D:OS and/or DC, and that was twice a day. Yesterday, I saw a 2 day old post as new.

Exactly, Larian needs to start updating stuff, especially their website, A month ago someone said he was writing new bios, and that was the last communication I saw from Larian, hopefully they have a big update this week, if not I seriously doubt there gonna meet the projected release date...

Also I'm kinda scared something has happened development wise, hopefully just a bump...

Support
Support

From the kickstarter update a little over a week ago:

We are in the middle of preparing the release of Dragon Commander, performing all of the final tweaks, putting in some last minute features as well as a host of different languages and at the same time also pushing forward the expansion of Divinity:Original Sin's game world. Between those two things, well, there's really little time for even eating, so please bear with us. It will get better and the frequency of updates will increase again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by demidevil
Originally Posted by henryv

Exactly, Larian needs to start updating stuff, especially their website, A month ago someone said he was writing new bios, and that was the last communication I saw from Larian, hopefully they have a big update this week, if not I seriously doubt there gonna meet the projected release date...

Also I'm kinda scared something has happened development wise, hopefully just a bump...

That was Macbeth I believe. They should update their website piece by piece just to get our attention little by little and to give us time to discuss the updates. It's a good thing only a small portion was on the DC's website as of now (IE skeleton faction, one princess, henry the general). I also believe they should release a demo on release as an alternative to people doing the piracy route to test the waters.

They should also use the KS as their PR even though they are promoting a different game ALONG promoting D:OS. Since they are using two teams, I suppose they have PR material w/ D:OS to get it along w/ DC update.

Last edited by henryv; 03/06/13 04:43 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
henryv #466841 03/06/13 02:08 PM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I'm so excite for dragons with jetpacks. It'll probly become my most played rts game; and ive got sins of a solar empire clocked in at 300+ hours.

journeyman
journeyman
Larian posted a big update video on Dragon commander!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9PtqBr0yc

Mostly progress on bugs and tweaking but what gameplay you get glimpses of it looks pretty awesome! Also looks like they DID incorporate dragon customization! at about 12:35 you see a new dragon look I haven't seen before in gameplay footage.

I am looking forward to this game! As a Command and Conquer and Starcraft 2 player this game is looking very impressive. Could be a refreshing and unique take on RTS's.

veteran
veteran
On top of that Swen postet a new blog entry about Dragon Commander! smile

http://www.lar.net/2013/06/03/to-listen-or-not-to-listen/#more-806

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
On top of that Swen postet a new blog entry about Dragon Commander! smile

http://www.lar.net/2013/06/03/to-listen-or-not-to-listen/#more-806

Thanks for the link. Apparently there is no difficulty slider. Hope it goes well because I don't know any game that has no difficulty slider and PR people might make it a big issue.

I'm assuming Larian is targeting the multiplayer audience.

Last edited by henryv; 04/06/13 01:37 AM.

henryv #466865 04/06/13 12:25 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Personally I think games should be a challenge and make you earn the accomplishment of finishing it. I just hope its not too easy. I think I'm most excited about the branching storylines laugh

Jenga #466866 04/06/13 02:09 PM
stranger
stranger
Slider or no, Im looking forward to this. I can't recall when was the last time I looked forward as much as this into a RTS... Well to be fair it seems to be far more than just a RTS... but anyway!

Galaad #466868 04/06/13 03:48 PM
meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You know the title really should be updated to 4 more weeks....

meme #466872 04/06/13 09:47 PM
veteran
veteran
Hm, at the moment I'm very worried because Company of Heroes 2 is just to be release on week before DC, on June 25th. I fear that this will perhaps cause exactly the situation Swen wanted to avoid (see his second past topic on his blog), that the dedicated strategy reviewers of the main magazines and websits are already occupied with testing and playing CoH 2 (which is probably seen as the bigger or more established brand by many reviewers) when DC enters their halls....

I definitely don't want to see another racing game expert reviewing DC....

I would suggest to postpone the release of Dragon Commander for two or three weeks to get away from the Company of Heroes 2 release date. And of course Larian would have more time then to fix these balancing issued they came up with in the last update video. Two birds with one stone..... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 04/06/13 09:49 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hm, at the moment I'm very worried because Company of Heroes 2 is just to be release on week before DC, on June 25th. I fear that this will perhaps cause exactly the situation Swen wanted to avoid (see his second past topic on his blog), that the dedicated strategy reviewers of the main magazines and websits are already occupied with testing and playing CoH 2 (which is probably seen as the bigger or more established brand by many reviewers) when DC enters their halls....

I would suggest to postpone the release of Dragon Commander for two or three weeks to get away from the Company of Heroes 2 release date. And of course Larian would have more time then to fix these balancing issued they came up with in the last update video. Two birds with one stone..... wink

Or release as scheduled.

Hundreds of thousands of birds with one gigantic stone.

Last edited by Rod Lightning; 04/06/13 10:28 PM.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
Support
Support
I would suggest to postpone the release of Dragon Commander

Once you commit to a specific release date and make plans for the retail version production and distribution, it is not a simple matter to make a significant delay.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rod Lightning

Or release as scheduled.

Hundreds of thousands of birds with one gigantic stone.

Explain yourself. Have you even read Swen's blog post, Rod???

WOOS
Raze #466876 04/06/13 11:55 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, that's indeed a problem. But nevertheless it's a bad situation I guess. There are so few big RTS games today. And now two of them have to be released on almost the same date? That's weird tbh.... wink

WOOS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard