Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Dragon Commander release date set to August 6th 2013

Our dragons with jetpacks are still coming this summer but they needed a few more tweaks to their jetpacks. That's why we've moved the release date of Divinity: Dragon Commander to 6 August 2013. Rest assured, it'll be worth the wait!

If you're curious what it is we're still doing, check out our latest development update video. It has all the nitty gritty smile

[b][size:14pt]VIDEO: Divinity: Dragon Commander - Development Update[/size][/b]

veteran
veteran
Ok, take your time. Perfect release date imo, just between CoH2 and Rome 2.... smile

I hope you will also intensify your marketing efforts for DC, it was way too quiet about DC in the last days and weeks. Atm everyone is talking about E3 I know but that makes it even worse.... wink

Any news on the (still possible?) closed beta?

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
You've got to be kidding me. That is the worst timing to fit my summer schedule. I was looking forward to commit july to DC . Damn. I'll have to find another game then. The amount of multiplayer online games here is quite depressing, does anyone have suggestions? Or perhaps that a beta could ease the pain ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
You've got to be kidding me. That is the worst timing to fit my summer schedule. I was looking forward to commit july to DC . Damn. I'll have to find another game then. The amount of multiplayer online games here is quite depressing, does anyone have suggestions? Or perhaps that a beta could ease the pain ?

If you want to play an RTS you might pick up Company of Heroes 2 which will be released in two weeks. wink

WOOS
stranger
stranger
I'm curious, what are the few tweacks missing? Everybody seemed so confident on the video...

If the release date is delayed, could we expect the Mac/Linux version to be ready the day of release?

veteran
veteran
Okay, thank you for the update.

I don't mind Larian taking the time to really polish the game up, I was merely worried because Larian's own store said it was coming on July 2 and there was basically no publicity. I actually feel more reassured now that they've told us what's happening.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for the update guys.

M
addict
addict
M
Well, that gives me some more time to finish other games smile

But I still can't wait !

journeyman
journeyman
'Tis fine. Take your time. I can wait.

Plus, that gives me more time to devote to Shadowrun Returns while also whittling down my backlog a little bit. And gives my wallet a bit of a breather. wink

Last edited by twincast; 12/06/13 11:22 PM.

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lotrotk

Look at the bolded words above. Open beta on July or earlier is great.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
So the D:OS fanfest is also a DC release party.... :P

WOOS
veteran
veteran
What a coincidence!

apprentice
apprentice
Larian has just decided for me what I'll be doing on my birthday :p hoping the alpha for D:OS comes out around then too.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Awesome can't wait

journeyman
journeyman
Hi, just asking if we gonna get a beta key as a kickstarter or if it won't be possible ?

I'm quite disappointed, I did everything I could to have time to play with friends in July ... But, if the game goes better, this is the best we can hear !

Support
Support

Yes, that was the plan. I don't know if the timing has been determined yet, though. I wouldn't loose hope about playing in July, anyway. Three weeks ago they were thinking it would be 'very soon', but that was before they decided to add more features and some stuff took longer than expected.
The updates to the Larian Vault should be done on the 24th; that could be an easy way to distribute beta keys... or Larian could just put up a form on the Dragon Commander site, or something. I assume they will at least want to get beta keys out to D:OS kickstarter/Paypal backers and everyone who pre-ordered Dragon Commander.

apprentice
apprentice
Why the hell are all releases mid-week? The first moved date (02. Aug) was perfect. Now you torture as working people with having virtually the game, but having to wait for the weekend. Just confess: this is an evil conspiracy to torture us. wink
jk, but nonethless it kind of sucks, esp. for us preordering via gog (those who got already punished by being not able to play the beta). :P

veteran
veteran
Retail stores tend to get fresh stock on Tuesdays. Movies, DVD's, games, I don't know why.

enthusiast
enthusiast
only three days left smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard