Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
First of all, even for a beta its great to play, haven't had so much fun LOSING in games before!

Some bugs that I have found:

Sometimes when I use the right mouse button to power up my jetpack, sometimes the jetpack doesn't switch off (meaning that I overshoot targets I wish to take out and such).

I have an audio issue in game, where audio settings revert to the original levels even though previous levels hadn't been changed.

Not sure if this is being remedied for the next version of the beta but the chat box in the lobby needs a bit of work (back space deletes only a single character no matter how long you hold it, there is no highlight box when holding LMB to delete a few words)

If I come up with more bugs and suggestions I'll post them here.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
veteran
veteran
Suggestion: In Dragon mode, the blue bar doesn't appear to do anything. I guess it used to be a mana bar before the Dragon was switched to cooldown-based attacks. Assuming that doesn't change, maybe use that blue bar as an additional display of your Jetpack's charge? (Yes, I did see the tooltip that said that the Jetpack's charge is indicated by the colour of the flame.)

Suggestion: When in RTS mode, Escape is used for "Cancel", which is fine, but when there is nothing to cancel, I would like Escape to bring up the menu. It took me a little while when I was first starting to spot the menu button, and even now, it's still my instinct to hit Escape before remembering the button.

In Dragon mode, Escape is used for "Cancel active skill", again that's fine, but maybe if there is no active skill it could also bring up the menu?

Suggestion: Entirely optional, but perhaps the Devastator (when selected in siege mode) could display a ring showing its maximum range.

Suggestion: I guess the notification system isn't fully implemented yet, so this may already be planned, but when a Dragon is defeated in Dragon-Dragon combat, I'd like a message displayed to all players. ("Bob defeated Harry in Dragon-to-Dragon combat!")

Suggestion: When you're near your unit cap and try to build something, there should be a voice clip that tells you something like "Not enough Support." In a recent game, I tried to build a Juggernaut and couldn't, the button did nothing. I thought it was a bug and it took me a minute to realize that I was near my Support cap and couldn't build more.

Last edited by Stabbey; 24/06/13 01:45 PM. Reason: additional Escape button suggestion
Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Got another suggestion: It may be easier to move troops onto the transport ship than have the controls on the ship to pick up units.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Inanna
Got another suggestion: It may be easier to move troops onto the transport ship than have the controls on the ship to pick up units.

That's how I already do it? I select my group of troops and right-click on the ship and they happily go board it.

Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've never had any luck in doing that. I have to keep using the transport feature on the ship.

Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I spent 5 minutes in the match with you and David trying to get one guy on the transport ship XD

veteran
veteran
It works for me, I have a group of guys selected, I right-click on the ship, and they go in as expected.

EDIT: Oh, and found a bug: The Transport's Cloak ability has no cooldown time. No timer starts once you activate it, and you can use it again right away.

Also, the cooldown timers for the Warlock and Zeppelin cloaks start from the moment the cloak is activated. Is that really whet you want? The stated cooldown for Cloak is 60 seconds, but practically, it's only 30 seconds, because half the cooldown time is used up while invisible.

Last edited by Stabbey; 24/06/13 01:55 PM. Reason: bug and question/suggestion
veteran
veteran
I have another suggestion: Add small icons on the side of the screen for each of your production buildings which brings the camera to the respective building when clicking on it. And the icon could blink red if the respective building is under fire. That way we would have to scroll way less and could react faster to production needs.

Is there a possiblity to choose custom behaviour styles for certain units? Like "always attack air units first"?

WOOS
Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Another suggestion!

Maybe there could be a multiplayer match viewer, where you can watch games in progress.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Spectator mode would be really nice. As would replays.

Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Had the dragon lag bug which made any action done with my dragon happen at least 1 second later than the triggering key press. This made playing the dragon with any kind of reliability extremely difficult.

In a second game earlier that night changing into dragon form potentially made the game desynch.

Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The reporter that also appeared after each crash seems to have also stopped appearing.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard